Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 29 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 28 29
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Jeff,
This deal is a real bad deal. The preliminary investigative work must have been as bad as the intelligence the Columbia Police had that there was some larger quantity of "reefer" in the house.
The house obviously should have been under surveilance and if there was traffic in and out of the house carrying bags then the guy was moving some weight. If not then the accusation they didn't get the warrant quick enough and the merchandise wasn't there is an excuse for a bad bust.
In this case or in any case if I were a LEO there is no way something like that would happen. It is obvious if they had done there homework the video would not be on you tube.
If that young man had any money and could afford a high dollar mouthpiece those guys would regret the day they graduated from the academy. That still might be a very expensive pit bull for Columbia, Mo.
The other real shame is that it makes LE look bad when the overwhelming majority of them are professional and do their jobs right. The nice thing about the information age is if you screw up everyone in the country knows it before the weeks out which would have a tendency to keep things like this to a real low flicker.

Dave

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by DINK
The problem with stopping them when they leave the house is you risk them running and then it turns into a pursuit. Then you either chase them or have to let them run.

The police did not get a search warrant for no reason. There was something there good enough for both a prosecutor and a judge to sign off on.

It is very simple. Do not do criminal acts and the police will not come to house.

Dink

Right. And that explains why police sometimes raid the wrong address... serve warrants that are afterwards proven baseless... and sometimes even shoot the innocent? I'm a big supporter of law enforcement -- always have been -- but your simplistic position assumes there's no imcompetence in law enforcement or that mistakes are never made. We all know better than that...

If you're fixin' to put a hole in something,
make it a hole to remember.
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
So where did the Judge get the info from? You think Judge's info is always reliable? Let's see,informants are usually what? Concerned citizens? Concerned criminal's trying to save their own butt? Take your pick.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Originally Posted by stxhunter
bottom line is you don't engage in behavior that could put your family in danger whether its from the police or other bad guys. you just don't do that

so you admit that there is as much danger from the po po as there is from the 'bad guys', eh?
chit happens police make mistakes all i'm saying is don't invite it

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
True enough - but something's GOT to be done, and there's no legislature on earth willing to - dare I say it? - man up and stop them.

If they would have a war, let it start here.

And as far as making this place shine - sometimes the punishment has to fit the crime. Those bubba swine took an oath to support and defend the Constitution; then they turned around and did that! Have they even READ the C? I doubt it. How can you take an oath to defend a document you've never read and manifestly don't understand? What a profane abomination.

IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
bottom line is you don't engage in behavior that could put your family in danger whether its from the police or other bad guys. you just don't do that

so you admit that there is as much danger from the po po as there is from the 'bad guys', eh?
chit happens police make mistakes all i'm saying is don't invite it

Stupid things happen to stupid people...

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
stx---You weren't singing the same tune last week when your bud got the chit kicked out of him by the po-po....

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Originally Posted by Calvin
Just being good soldiers......

Jesus you're dense, Calvin.

Why don't you go do some meth with your burning man buddies..

Not my thing, but if it was I'd be exercising more FREEDOM than the misguided nanny police-state so-called "conservatives" (sic) that dominate the Republican party seem to believe in.

Yeah, Right Jeff,

"Was at a party at a friend's place this weekend (think miniture Burning Man) and ran across this in a Mother Jones in the crapper. It's about the Oath Keepers- sort of a militia within the military. Ron Paul was mentioned many times.

http://m.motherjones.com/politics/2010/03/oath-keepers"

That REALLY is you at 1:08, isn't it,....or are you the one passing the bag of dope in the shadows here below ?

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYEBdlRLJhI&feature=player_embedded

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
They waited eight days from when the warrant was signed to serve it. Even the chief says they screwed the pooch.. Pun intended...

http://www.columbiatribune.com/news/2010/may/06/chief-details-swat-incident/

SWAT and narcotic investigators should not have executed an eight-day-old warrant in February, Columbia Police Chief Ken Burton said Thursday.

The ONLY reason this was even discussed or made public is due to the viral video and the outrage by concerned citizens. The ridiculous notion that anyone who doesn't agree with no knocks is a meth head, or even approves of any drug use is as absurd as someone hating ALL cops because these azzholes [bleep] this up royally. If ya ain't a bad cop, don't defend bad cops or the pricks who make [bleep] up policies that cause these [bleep] abortions. smile

Last edited by oulufinn; 05/07/10.

"The Bigger the Government, the Smaller the Citizen" - Dennis Prager LINK

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
boy, no one can stir 'em up like TRH laugh

Sam......

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It's likely going to take LONGER to get outta' this mess, than it took for us to get into it.

I'm not disagreeing with you, just trying to reinforce my basic approach.

There has NEVER been more of a demand for cool heads, than these times we find ourselves in.

No flames intended,....

GTC

-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by oulufinn
They waited eight days from when the warrant was signed to serve it. Even the chief says they screwed the pooch.. Pun intended...

SWAT and narcotic investigators should not have executed an eight-day-old warrant in February, Columbia Police Chief Ken Burton said Thursday.

Yeah, but then they might have missed out on all that overtime pay...

If you're fixin' to put a hole in something,
make it a hole to remember.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Fang
True enough - but something's GOT to be done, and there's no legislature on earth willing to - dare I say it? - man up and stop them.

If they would have a war, let it start here.

And as far as making this place shine - sometimes the punishment has to fit the crime. Those bubba swine took an oath to support and defend the Constitution; then they turned around and did that! Have they even READ the C? I doubt it. How can you take an oath to defend a document you've never read and manifestly don't understand? What a profane abomination.

Fang, now that is the short of stupid schiet that got those rubes in the Huttaree militia in such trouble.

Just saying..................

Sam......

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Just being good soldiers......

Jesus you're dense, Calvin.

Why don't you go do some meth with your burning man buddies..

Not my thing, but if it was I'd be exercising more FREEDOM than the misguided nanny police-state so-called "conservatives" (sic) that dominate the Republican party seem to believe in.

Nothing "nanny" about enforcing drug laws. Nothing nanny about cops getting the job done while minimizing risks to themselves.

But, if you wanna do meth with your "buddies", go right ahead. It'll catch up to you! Teeth falling out yet? Freedom my ass. You are a slave to your meth. If you want freedom, buy a boat and go fishing.

Or, like you- buy a truck and go road hunting. wink

And enforcing drug laws is as nanny-state as it gets. Hence your denseness.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
well in that case i had the facts from someone i know wasn't going to lie about it. my point in this case is the guy seemed more worried about his dog getting shot than the safety of his kids if the cops came busting in my house my kids and family would be my first concern. the dog would be the least of my worries. if the cops screwed up then they should be held to task. back in the early 80s the cops raided my grandfathers house by mistake they were off by one number on the address which was out in the country. they had my grandmother grandfather uncle and several cousins on the ground in the middle of the night with guns to their heads so i know they can screw up. my only point in this thread is to not put your family in any unnecessary danger by questionable or unlawful behavior

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

Or, like you- buy a truck and go road hunting. wink

And enforcing drug laws is as nanny-state as it gets. Hence your denseness.

I don't road hunt, and probably have logged more miles this week on foot with a gun than you have in your entire life. Surely you can't have a sore [bleep] because people use a vehicle to access their hunting areas? I suppose you walk from your house? What a joke you are. Take another hit..

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by oulufinn

The ONLY reason this was even discussed or made public is due to the viral video and the outrage by concerned citizens. The ridiculous notion that anyone who doesn't agree with no knocks is a meth head, or even approves of any drug use is as absurd as someone hating ALL cops because these azzholes [bleep] this up royally. If ya ain't a bad cop, don't defend bad cops or the pricks who make [bleep] up policies that cause these [bleep] abortions. smile

Well said, and a hearty +1,000 !

GTC

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Dittos

GTC

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Gringo Loco
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by noKnees
Makes you wonder if they planted a little pot just to keep the heat off.
Bingo!!

You have proof of this, or is this just ESP?

his assumption...based on...well, based on his assumption

knowing nothing about the facts of this case, which looks egregious, I have to say that around here judges don't sign search warrants, and they certainly don't send out the bomb squad, for misdemeanor drug possession charges.

maybe they had a bad informant, maybe they caught him between loads, maybe some competitor set him up....who knows. But that SWAT team wasn't there because they thought the dude might role a blunt before beddie bye.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Sturmtruppen!!

Page 5 of 29 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 28 29

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

261 members (264mag, 204guy, 17CalFan, 257_X_50, 219 Wasp, 32 invisible), 2,303 guests, and 1,241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,625
Posts18,492,870
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.