Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 15 of 29 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 28 29
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
"....they commit them [crimes] especially
frequently during periods of heavy drug use..."

How is that not inferring a causal relationship?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
time for bed

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You got that right.

Interesting how these peckerheads disappear when you get zeroed right in on em' ,....No ?

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
One last post and then off for sure.

http://www.drugabuse.gov/tib/meth.html

Methamphetamine acts by increasing the release of dopamine in the brain, which leads to feelings of euphoria. However, this influx of pleasure is followed by a "crash" that often leads to increased use of the drug and eventually to difficulty feeling any pleasure at all, especially from natural rewards. Long-term methamphetamine abuse also results in many damaging physical and psychiatric effects, such as:

Addiction;
Violent Behavior;
Anxiety;
Confusion;
Insomnia;
Psychotic features (e.g. paranoia, hallucinations, delusions); and
Cardiovascular problems (e.g. rapid heart rate, irregular heartbeat, increased blood pressure, stroke).

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by Mac84
Originally Posted by Fang
My suggestion is:

In the face

With a rifled slug

And you may quote me at will

Take at least one of them with you; then maybe they'll cease with this mindless abuse of authority. I doubt it, but nothing else will work, so.......

Because they shot the dog or because they executed a legal warrant?

The judge and the DA and the police officer all sound like shameless careerists who know how to game the system well enough to cover their butts. This is how captains become colonels, and to hell with the little guy. And the SWAT team is more than savvy enough to know to plant enough pot to cover their butts too. The child endangerment charge is just a transparent attempt to deflect attention to the unspeakable violence inflicted on that family by them. That's what I firmly believe. Those cops acted in a loathsome, contemptible and needlessly violent manner, and must be dissuaded from doing so. No mayor, no legislature, no governor will ever grow a pair big enough to legislate this kind of travesty out of existance; ergo, it falls to the citizenry to do so. THEN maybe the legislature will act - but I doubt it. And when the citizenry does act, if ever, it won't be pretty.

IC B2

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
True enough - but something's GOT to be done, and there's no legislature on earth willing to - dare I say it? - man up and stop them.

If they would have a war, let it start here.

And as far as making this place shine - sometimes the punishment has to fit the crime. Those bubba swine took an oath to support and defend the Constitution; then they turned around and did that! Have they even READ the C? I doubt it. How can you take an oath to defend a document you've never read and manifestly don't understand? What a profane abomination.

Fang, now that is the short of stupid schiet that got those rubes in the Huttaree militia in such trouble.

Just saying..................

I deny it! And re those rubes, whatever happened to freedom of speech?
Freedom of speech wasn't written into the C to protect the right to say "Have a nice day," or some other puke-inducing banality; it was put there to protect that ISN'T popular, or polite, or easily digested by those who worship at the alter of PC. It was put there to protect the rights of firebrands like Patrick Henry and his ilk. A smart cat like yourself is supposed to already know that, and not have to re-learn it from someone you publicly call stupid; someone who has his degree in Poli Sci, by the way. Don't tell me I don't know what I'm talking about.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Blood thirsty cops !!!! I know this is the net and guys lie all the time... And NONE of you know me... But here go's; My best friend is a retired S.W.A.T.. It was his job, one of many, to take out the dog on entry if the dog was going to attack... He was on the S.T.A.T.E team for 17? years... NOT ONE TIME DID HE EVER SHOOT A DOG... The guys would step to the side as the dog(s) would run out of the house or apartment... Now after the entry and all was secure then the dog(s) would act up... By that time the the guys know enough to have the dog(s) in confinement...

We had the Mayor of some town in Maryland get raided by county swat and killed both his Labs...
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26079096/

John
=
Waterfowler at hart along with my late Baydog 9/26/20 ..
=
=
Striving to be turdlike.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Again pre existing conditions may cause one to be more susceptible to any outside stimuli, not denying that.

"In a study of New York City murders in 1988,
researchers classified more than half the
homicides (53 percent) as drug-related: 39 percent
in the course of drug distribution, 8 percent
through pharmacological effects on the offender
, 2
percent while the offender was obtaining money to
buy drugs, and 4 percent through more than one of
these links.2"

Since that was mentioned in the study I cited they could have figured out it was the pharmalogical effects claim was incorrect. Either way, the overwhelming number of murders were not due to the effects of a drug, but due instead to the illegal status of the drugs.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
One last post and then off for sure.

http://www.drugabuse.gov/tib/meth.html

Methamphetamine acts by increasing the release of dopamine in the brain, which leads to feelings of euphoria. However, this influx of pleasure is followed by a "crash" that often leads to increased use of the drug and eventually to difficulty feeling any pleasure at all, especially from natural rewards. Long-term methamphetamine abuse also results in many damaging physical and psychiatric effects, such as:

Addiction;
Violent Behavior;
Anxiety;
Confusion;
Insomnia;
Psychotic features (e.g. paranoia, hallucinations, delusions); and
Cardiovascular problems (e.g. rapid heart rate, irregular heartbeat, increased blood pressure, stroke).

Sorry, but they already explained the cause of the violent behavior back when they weren't as interested in using that particular drug as part of a "save the world from itself/give us your support and everything else you have" campaign.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
You got that right.

Interesting how these peckerheads disappear when you get zeroed right in on em' ,....No ?

GTC

I had actually gone to bed. Get yourself cleaned up and out of your stupor and we can talk. When you figure out the same people you are cheering on in the war on drugs were making the same claims/commmitting the same acts about people like you and your drug of choice (not that long ago in the grand scheme of things) then we can consider that a break through. Until then, you're just not getting it.

IC B3

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Jason, you are the poster child for obtuse. No one cares what you have to say. You are narrowly focused and even on those rare occasions when you might be right, and this time is definitely not one of those very few times, you have a unique way of making yourself either wrong, or at least wrongly objectionable, at the same time. You posts are of no value whatsoever, and I typically skim over them or ignore them altogether. However I am going to give you the singular honor of taking the time to put you on ignore based on worthless posts. I would recommend that others do the same, although I realize some may be more tolerable to the mental anguish you can inflict. I am past that limit. I also promise not to toggle your posts to see what kind of mindless drivel you may be spewing. I far less than don't care.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RickyD
Jason, you are the poster child for obtuse. No one cares what you have to say. You are narrowly focused and even on those rare occasions when you might be right, and this time is definitely not one of those very few times, you have a unique way of making yourself either wrong, or at least wrongly objectionable, at the same time. You posts are of no value whatsoever, and I typically skim over them or ignore them altogether. However I am going to give you the singular honor of taking the time to put you on ignore based on worthless posts. I would recommend that others do the same, although I realize some may be more tolerable to the mental anguish you can inflict. I am past that limit. I also promise not to toggle your posts to see what kind of mindless drivel you may be spewing. I far less than don't care.

Then why are you arguing with me?

I think this is the main one "or at least wrongly objectionable." I take people's claims and demonstrate how bogus they are which they find upsetting.

Just think, by placing me on ignore you are going to miss all the times I show what you claim is either wrong or intentionally misleading.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I came in late. What are we arguing here--that drugs aren't harmful?

I can't go along with that: I've seen too much real life. Of course they're harmful.

But it's an atrocity for them to be illegal--an atrocity that begets atrocities.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Freedom of speech wasn't written into the C to protect the right to say "Have a nice day," or some other puke-inducing banality; it was put there to protect that ISN'T popular, or polite, or easily digested by those who worship at the alter of PC. It was put there to protect the rights of firebrands like Patrick Henry and his ilk. A smart cat like yourself is supposed to already know that, and not have to re-learn it from someone you publicly call stupid; someone who has his degree in Poli Sci, by the way. Don't tell me I don't know what I'm talking about.
+1

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by JasonB
meth = caffeine?

Stimulants. Caffeine doesn't cause a person to be violent either.

Dude...caffeine can't keep you walking & talking for three days straight...I've never heard of people "shooting" caffeine either. You obviously don't know WTF you're talking about.
When otherwise good hearted people get strung out on crank, they'll steal from their parents & best friends, they'll do armed robberies, they'll also knock out their old ladies front teeth & throw them out of the house naked in the middle of winter Then pile their clothes in the yard, douse them with gas & light them on fire. One boyfriend of a girl I knew threw her baby upside a brick fireplace & killed him...because it wouldn't stop crying...I could go on for a couple pages about crap that has has happened to people I know/knew who got strung out on the chit...

All of the above events are things that happened or were done by people I personally knew...so don't try to come here & spout off about chit that you apparently don't know jack about... mad

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Barak
I came in late. What are we arguing here--that drugs aren't harmful?

I can't go along with that: I've seen too much real life. Of course they're harmful.

But it's an atrocity for them to be illegal--an atrocity that begets atrocities.

Nope, posted a couple of studies that said that the only drug that causes violent behavior was alcohol and any violent behavior related to illegal drugs was either due to pre-exisiting conditions of the user and/or as a function of drugs being illegal. Several tried to twist it in to the drugs are harmful argument which I wasn't claiming based on the studies.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner
meth = caffeine?

Dude...caffeine can't keep you walking & talking for three days straight...I've never heard of people "shooting" caffeine either. You obviously don't know WTF you're talking about.
When otherwise good hearted people get strung out on crank, they'll steal from their parents & best friends, they'll do armed robberies, they'll also knock out their old ladies front teeth & throw them out of the house naked in the middle of winter Then pile their clothes in the yard, douse them with gas & light them on fire. One boyfriend of a girl I knew threw her baby upside a brick fireplace & killed him...because it wouldn't stop crying...I could go on for a couple pages about crap that has has happened to people I know/knew who got strung out on the chit...

All of the above events are things that happened or were done by people I personally knew...so don't try to come here & spout off about chit that you apparently don't know jack about... mad

Most I knew from school that went that route weren't good hearted to begin with. Perhaps if it wasn't illegal then users would be able to purchase something made under some likeness of controlled conditions and sans impurities as opposed to crap cranked out in hotel rooms, moving vehicles, garages and so on. After all, there are a lot of alcoholics floating around but not many of them go blind after consuming these days as often happened when the ignorant were distilling it out in the boonies.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There's a 7 year old boy in Columbia MO who will grow up hating cops. He'll consider them terrorists, and violent ones at that.

Hate does strange things to people. And governments tend to breed hatred.

For what it's worth, try not to be among the hated. There's no benefit in it for anyone.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Good post! All true!!

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner
meth = caffeine?

Most I knew from school that went that route weren't good hearted to begin with. Perhaps if it wasn't illegal then users would be able to purchase something made under some likeness of controlled conditions and sans impurities as opposed to crap cranked out in hotel rooms, moving vehicles, garages and so on. After all, there are a lot of alcoholics floating around but not many of them go blind after consuming these days as often happened when the ignorant were distilling it out in the boonies.

Being legal wouldn't do a [bleep] thing to circumvent the destructive effects of meth...to suggest otherwise just proves that you have lips on your ass.

Page 15 of 29 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 28 29

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

583 members (10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1234, 10ring1, 62 invisible), 2,499 guests, and 1,283 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,592
Posts18,492,149
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.