Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
I posted this question on another forum, and thought it would benefit the readers here also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgraider View Post
Dale, since you're here.....why don't you sort out the Swarovski warranty questions on this, and several other forums. In the USA, we're told by a large dealer that your warranty is now 10 yrs parts and labor, lifetime on the optics. I'd like to hear it straight from the horse's mouth, please. Thanks.

"Because of an ever increasing product palette and shortening product life-cycles, it is becoming increasingly difficult to ensure that we will have ALL components and elements from every product for 30 years after the end of production. As you can well imagine, the costs involved in storing and being able to manufacture every small element � even after decades out of production � are exorbitant and would need to be borne in the product prices, which we are reluctant to do. Swarovski Optik products have been developed to last many decades under normal use, and each of our optical products goes through roughly 130 quality control steps before leaving our production facility in Absam, Austria. This attention to detail and quality is reflected in our exceptionally low product repair rate.

In its essence, reducing the warranty time from 30 to 10 years will only affect the guarantee that we will have all parts available. This typically means that we will have all parts for your product for at least 10 years after we stop production on that product. By way of example, if you were to buy an EL42 Swarovision in 2010, and it was in production until, say, 2022, then it will make no difference to you whether they are damaged in 2012, 2022, or 2032; but there is some chance that we will not have one specific gearing mechanism in 2042.

Other leading optical manufacturers have been faced with similar issues and have consequently reduced their warranty times. Nonetheless, reading the fine print in the warranties offered will quickly reveal that grand-sounding warranties are either very restricted or are so loosely formulated that they leave a great deal of doubt as to the conditions under which the product will be repaired.

Swarovski Optik has always aimed to satisfy our customers, exceed our warranty promises, provide great service and to do so as inexpensively as possible. Product faults are repaired free of charge, while repair of damage and wear-and-tear are charged to just cover our costs. Minor repairs and side-line niceties � like replacing the rubber armouring � are often done on-the-house. Our service philosophy is reflected in the positive light in which Swarovski Optik is held by our customers, and our commitment to creating happy customers has not changed.

As a final note, our 10 working day guaranteed turnaround time for repairs remains unchanged.

If you have any further questions about product warranties, please contact Swarovski Optik in your country directly http://www.swarovskioptik.com/en/swa...ptik-worldwide

Kind regards and happy birding,
Dale Forbes

Product manager: Swarovski Optik Austria

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
GB1

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I understand why they would need to do this limit on warranty and repair but I still don't like it. What if you bought a scope just before they changed models? Does that mean you only have a 10yr warranty on a scope costing over $2000 because they don't have a part anymore? One of the benifits of buying a top tier scope is the fact that you know the company will be around and the customer service they provide.

This is a major reason that allows their products to hold their value so well. Knowing a product is covered no matter what goes a long way in justifiying the cost.

They should still either send you a new scope or purchase a scope at a significantly reduced cost.

U
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
U
Originally Posted by mliang

They should still either send you a new scope or purchase a scope at a significantly reduced cost.

I suspect they'd do exactly that.....

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Yep, warranty is one area you don't have to worry about with Swarovski. A couple months ago I sent in a pair of 8x30 SLC MK1's that were well used and well over 10 years old and their solution was to send me a brand new pair of 2010 production 8x30 SLC's.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Yep, warranty is one area you don't have to worry about with Swarovski. A couple months ago I sent in a pair of 8x30 SLC MK1's that were well used and well over 10 years old and their solution was to send me a brand new pair of 2010 production 8x30 SLC's.

For the moment anyway..without a warrenty (read contract) that could all change under the next CEO.

In the UK and Europe, this change of policy has been in force for Swaro Zeiss and Leica for a couple of years now and when I origonally enquired from a Zeiss rep, I was told it was down to EEC Consumer Laws and that it would only effect Europe...Looks like that was a bare face lie on both accounts.

IC B2

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
I see two things here that, as a Leupold user, I have nothing to worry about.
One, what is this about "designed to last many years under normal use" ? My "normal use" is month or two of hunting in places where the footing is treacherous. So, after ten years, or even if they determine that I don't use my scope "normally," my warranty on a Swaro scope is no good ?
Then there is this nonsense about no parts to repair the scope, so they don't cover it. Is it really cheaper to give me a new, fully multicoated scope if you can't replace the broken reticle in my old one ? I find that hard to believe. E

P
P
don't tell me that we are now bashing Swarovski because we don't like their "warranty"... puhlease...

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
You'll quickly learn that the guy you are referring to will bash Swaro at any cost. Quite frankly it's laughable given Swaro will treat customers with problems better than any optics company that is in business today, and that is fact!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Man, you must have benn mighty pissed off.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Swarovski has built a reputation that I don't see changing any time soon.

IC B3

P
P
It is interesting to be sure...

Kinda like criticizing Ferrari because his Hyundai has a better warranty...my God!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
or better gas mileage........

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by pcrage
It is interesting to be sure...

Kinda like criticizing Ferrari because his Hyundai has a better warranty...my God!

I would not exactly compare Leupold to a Hyundai.

A Cadillac or Lincoln maybe, but not not a Hyundai.

But I do agree about the point on the Swaro warrantee. I have not seen any evidence that they don't fully back their product here in the US when needed.

Last edited by jim62; 05/11/10.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I finally broke down and bought a pair of 10x42 EL's last year. Fine piece of glass, almost bought a pair of Leica's but decided on the Swaro because of the great customer service. Bout a month ago I lost one of the objective covers while hog hunting. How exactly that happened remains a mystery to this day. In any event, I called to purchase one and they simply said it's on us. I realize a small piece of rubber is not much, however, their attitude and reputation did it for me.

May be some horror stories out there but I have yet to hear one. Nuff said far as I'm concerned.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Eremicus
I see two things here that, as a Leupold user, I have nothing to worry about.
One, what is this about "designed to last many years under normal use" ? My "normal use" is month or two of hunting in places where the footing is treacherous. So, after ten years, or even if they determine that I don't use my scope "normally," my warranty on a Swaro scope is no good ?
Then there is this nonsense about no parts to repair the scope, so they don't cover it. Is it really cheaper to give me a new, fully multicoated scope if you can't replace the broken reticle in my old one ? I find that hard to believe. E

Emericus:

This thread was talking about the Swarovski warranty, and you chime in about another make. What is that all about??

Swarovski has proven with many here and seems to be well regarded in providing great warranty and service. Please don't confuse the subject, if you want to commment on something else start your own thread.

You know the big "L" has had some changes in the last few years, and don't be surprised if things don't change there also.

Jerry

Last edited by Farmboy1; 05/11/10.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If I had a dollar for every time I read a negative comment from him about Swaro, I could have bought Swarovisions, SLC's, an STS HD and a rangefinder. He can't help himself. Childish, if you ask me.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Don't get me wrong. I know that Swarovski, along with other top tier optics, have great warranty and customer service. That is how I justify buying them, I know I'll be taken care of.

I've used that warranty a couple of times and have been taken are of very well. So well one of my cheap skate friends actually ponied up the money to purchase a scope.

What I'm worried about is in the future the warranty will become more and more restrictive and limited. Small steps add up to giant leaps over time. In my opnion, reducing the warranty in anyway would be a major mistike. Maybe they won't reduce the warrant. Maybe it won't be a mistake. Only time will tell.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Don't worry be happy, you have been treated well, in todays economy, just be content.

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Originally Posted by Pete E

For the moment anyway..without a warrenty (read contract) that could all change under the next CEO.

In the UK and Europe, this change of policy has been in force for Swaro Zeiss and Leica for a couple of years now and when I origonally enquired from a Zeiss rep, I was told it was down to EEC Consumer Laws and that it would only effect Europe...Looks like that was a bare face lie on both accounts.

to add what you wrote i just got an answer for the Canada and the warranty is the same (worlwide) 10 years with 5 years free of pieces and any people involved after this is not written in the warranty cards but seems Austria is dealing very often free works . the US market is a really on another side. for those who want i can write back the US and Canadian answers.

see you

Last edited by ruger375; 05/12/10.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
As a final note, our 10 working day guaranteed turnaround time for repairs remains unchanged.
And untrue.

I just sent a scope in. Here's a portion of the email I got on 4-30 after they had it a few days:
we will repair your product and send it back to you in approximately 3 to 4 weeks.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

305 members (257 mag, 1936M71, 160user, 270wsmnutt, 2500HD, 21, 27 invisible), 12,541 guests, and 1,139 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,232
Posts18,544,173
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.