-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Something I will share with those who really don't seem to know as far as what tire is good for what particular purposes. Now there are about 80 different brands of pickup truck tires out there for Off Roading, snow, mud, rock etc. If you read the information the tire people put out about their tires, they are ALL GREAT!!!

However, that is a crock of BS simply put understand! Now go to the Mastercraft web sight and you will see the various ratings of all the tires on the market. They will be classified as 1-2-3-4-5 stars as to what they were graded on etc. Some of those so called Mud Tires (large clets) are a real JOKE!!! They won't do much at all in the snow etc. and so on.

Last edited by Tonk; 05/10/10.

Thank Our Veterans!
GOD Bless Them All

UNIONS BUILDING AMERICA, SALUTE ALL THE UNION TRADESMAN

GB1

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by badger
Wow! I didn't realize the Cummins was air cooled. All this time I thought that finned thing in the front that you put antifreeze & water into was for cooling.

Too many million mile Cummins powered Dodges on the road to lend much credence to your theory. Sorry, I can't see the logic behind your reasoning there. Diesel engines will usually melt pistons due to failed injectors. In line six cylinder engines, when overheated due to a cooling system failure, will normally sustain the most damage to the rearmost cylinders NOT due to airflow issues, but due to the fact that they are furtherest away from the waterpump, and when coolant is already superheated making it's way through the water jackets in the block, it doesn't do a whole lot of good by the time it arrives at #5 & #6 cylinders.

This is true of long in-line engines, gas or diesel.

Brilliant dissertation Maestro! Bravo!!! I see by the quality of your post that you are obviously a high-end engineer or College Professor. Who am I to argue with a man of your obvious expertise? Your use of technical jargon like "furtherest" indicates a level of expertise that humbles me. It's so simple... You have it totally wrong.

Last edited by anachronism; 05/13/10.

Those who believe there is safety in numbers never heard of Auschwitz- Me

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by anachronism
Originally Posted by badger
Wow! I didn't realize the Cummins was air cooled. All this time I thought that finned thing in the front that you put antifreeze & water into was for cooling.

Too many million mile Cummins powered Dodges on the road to lend much credence to your theory. Sorry, I can't see the logic behind your reasoning there. Diesel engines will usually melt pistons due to failed injectors. In line six cylinder engines, when overheated due to a cooling system failure, will normally sustain the most damage to the rearmost cylinders NOT due to airflow issues, but due to the fact that they are furtherest away from the waterpump, and when coolant is already superheated making it's way through the water jackets in the block, it doesn't do a whole lot of good by the time it arrives at #5 & #6 cylinders.

This is true of long in-line engines, gas or diesel.

Brilliant dissertation Maestro! Bravo!!! I see by the quality of your post that you are obviously a high-end engineer or College Professor. Who am I to argue with a man of your obvious expertise? Your use of technical jargon like "furtherest" indicates a level of expertise that humbles me. It's so simple... You have it totally wrong.

Really? Prove it.

You sell 'em, I've been fixing 'em for more than 30 years........

Never did major in the English language, and your attack on my choice of words does nothing to explain why I'm wrong & you're right. Back it up with some facts, or tell me why I'm wrong.

I'm waiting.........

Last edited by badger; 05/14/10.

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

104 members (10gaugemag, 7mm_Loco, 2ndwind, 44automag, 673, 16 invisible), 1,507 guests, and 982 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,118
Posts18,483,486
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.