Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
The state wide newspaper I refer to as The Arizona AZZWIPE reported today 14 organizations and ten individuals filing suit against sb 1070. I don't know if this does a lot of good, but i thought i would list them. You can make your own conclusions:
A.C.L.U.
person A(i have left the names out) 70 year old u.s. born individual of spanish and chinese descent said he has already been stopped twice and asked for "papers"
Person two(hispanic individual attending ASU from New Mexico says he could be detained for not carrying acceptable proof of citizenship as new mexico does not require proof of citizenship for a drivers license
Person three, citizen of jamaica with permission from the U.S. Immigration Court but no documentation other than the court document
person four: Hispanic individual U.S. citizen born in mexico living in new mexico. Again, the new mexico drivers license
person five 15 year old high school freshman from Haiti. Due to earthquake, temporary protected status, does not carry documents
person five hispanic named u.s. citizen and pastor of a church where the majority of congregation is in the country illegally. She regularly transports and shelters illegal immigrants for various church related purposes. (I thought this was against the law)
person six hispanic lawful permanent u.s. resident fluent in spanish but not english regularly solicits work in public places as a day laborer.
Friendly house, non profit that offers social services
Servie Employees Internation Union
Service Employees International Union Local 5
United Food and Commercial Workers International Union
Arizona South Asians for Sasfe Families
Southside Presbyterian Church(tuscon)
Arizona Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
Asian Chamber of Commerce of Arizona
Border Action Network(state group that advocates for protecting the human rights of immigrants and border communities)
Tonatierra Community Development institute(phoenix non profit group that serves the indigenous community, including member of the american indian tribes.)
Muslim American Society(works to protect the civil rights of american muslims.)
Japanese American Citizens League( a san francisco bases group that works to advance the civil rights of japanese americans)
Valle del So(a maricopa county non profit group that offers behavioral health and social services)
Coalicion De Derechos Humanos(a tucson community service organization that promotes human rights in the U.S.-Mexico border region.)
An interesting group for sure.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO

S
S
i am not a racisist, but a nationalist, mexico for mexicans canada for canadians and america for americans period.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
The thing is if you or I were traveling abroad, we could be stopped in a foreign country for what ever the reason. To me it isn't a big deal. Illegals are not supposed to be here. Go through the normal channels to get your visa. If you are a US citizen and you are stopped, be happy that AZ is looking out for your best interest.
Its a pain in the azz to go through airport security but at least I know everyone around me isn't packing C4 in their panties.
I will be in AZ this summer, guess I will bring along proper documents just in case.

JD338

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

76 members (007FJ, 6mmCreedmoor, 35, 444Matt, 7mm_Loco, 12 invisible), 1,472 guests, and 876 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,370
Posts18,488,311
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.