-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Petty Tom Petty an AZ NO SHOW tonight in PHX - now an official A$$clown, Tom Petty protested the new law by being a total ass to his fans.

Guess whom's works I won't ever pay for again. Your welcome to join me in being petty right back to him.

Ignorance is not confined to uneducated people.

WHO IS
JOHN GALT?

LIBERTY!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Probably didn't even read it!
Charlie

If Ignorance is bliss, then why aren't there more
happy people
If The gun was in the hands of the victim,there would be no
murders,robberies or rapes.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
He's always been liberal. This shouldn't be a great surprise.

But for those that didn't follow his political leanings earlier, and made big plans for the concert, then got their evening ruined.... maybe THEY will give him some feedback, and start a boycott of their own.

When will singers, actors, entertainers, etc realize that we "like" and financially support them based on their "talents", not their politics?? mad

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've always considered Tom Petty a pot smoking bum.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Tom Petty was a little lefty when we lived in Gainesville as a child.
I met him several times at parties, and he was always a dick.+9

Sam......

IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I liked a couple of his tunes ..... Not anymore!

Not showing up after all the tickets were sold ..... Hope his azz is sue'd off. smirk

Hitting libturds in their wallet seems to be the only thing they ever understand despite their mental disorder.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I like his music and don't plan on stopping listening to the stuff I've got...which is not much, nor will I throw away any CD's or tapes. I don't plan on buying any more of his musica though.

I salivated over all sorts of Tequila in a Kansas City liquor store Monday, yet resisted the urge. Tequila is my favorite liquor. I bought rum instead. Mehico can KMA.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Maybe the venue has grounds for a suit?

Islam is a terrorist organization.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by siskiyous6
Petty Tom Petty an AZ NO SHOW tonight in PHX - now an official A$$clown, Tom Petty protested the new law by being a total ass to his fans.

Guess whom's works I won't ever pay for again. Your welcome to join me in being petty right back to him.

Now read how they spin it in the 'official announcement' smile

The Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers Phoenix show originally scheduled for May 18 has been moved to
Sunday, September 26. The show is still at the US Airways Center.

Tickets for the rescheduled concerts will be honored on the new dates. Refunds are available at the point of purchase if desired. Complete ticket, tour and on sale information is available at LiveNation.com

This announcement came today as the band reported that the first 10 dates of their 2010 summer tour would be re-routed to September and October to accommodate the delayed arrival of their highly anticipated new album, Mojo. Their statement also included; "Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers regret any inconvenience caused to fans and hope they can make the rescheduled dates. The new Phoenix date is Sunday, September 26 at US Airways Center."

Have an A1 Day!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
maybe holder and hussein can get Arizona law changed by then.

Sam......

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good. Spared those poor people from having to listen to that nasaly little schitbird sing.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Never heard of him.

[Linked Image]
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
A dopehead in need of a bullet........Another scuzz another day.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JohnMoses
Good. Spared those poor people from having to listen to that nasaly little schitbird sing.

LMAO!

I love that descript

I liked his music, specially the early stuff, American Girls, Breakdown, etc.

he seemed to me a later version of Dylan, great songwriter, weird voice, but worked okay for his own tunes.

but like a majority of the folks that make it big in the entertainment industry they end up so grossly overpaid they live with a terrible guilt

a guilt so real and remorseful that they feel more of your money should be spent to help the underprivileged.

it shows a great sensitivity and awareness don't ya know.

if Tom Petty was building houses instead of nasally entertaining folks he'd probably feel differently

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I am afraid I was misinformed. Tom Petty rescheduled a bunch of cities so that his new album would be out before the tour.

I can't put the genie back in the bottle, but I do feel bad about the error.

A security guard in PHX last night was telling people who showed up that the cancellation was because of the AZ law.

Ignorance is not confined to uneducated people.

WHO IS
JOHN GALT?

LIBERTY!

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by 7 STW
I've always considered Tom Petty a pot smoking bum.

Back in about 86 or 87 I was at a company conference in Saratoga NY... Dylan was playing at some amphitheatre there that night, and his opening band was Tom Petty...

I was on the elevator and Tom Petty 'got' onto the elevator..

I say he 'got' onto the elevator, because he was so strung out at about 3 in the afternoon, he had no clue what planet he was even on... he had some staff member directing him around like he was some goat on a rope...

he was wearing Jeans and a Plaid shirt, they were as dirty as if he had been working in a farm field for a week and not changed them.... the jeans were full of holes.. I throw out jeans that look a lot better than those did...

his shirt had the buttons misaligned by at least 3... he stunk like hell.... he was more representative of a strung out crack addict and transient than anything else..

plus he had on one worn out tennis shoe.. and the other foot was barefooted...

and he was all of 5 feet tall and weighed about 93 lbs....

the guy was friggin disgusting.... Up until that time, I really liked his music...after seeing him up close and personal like that.. I've had no use for him whatsoever...

the only thing that amazes me about Tom Petty, is that with that kind of life style, how he is even still alive....

there was me and two other people on that elevator...

when Petty and his 'zoo keeper' got off the elevator... the one lady on there asked us... " who in the world was that Jerk???" She was shocked when I told her.... she had tickets for the concert that night...

as the commercial says... "the look on her face? Priceless..."

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Tom Petty has written a few songs that seem to fit him well......

AZZHOLE
EVEN THE LOSERS
DON'T COME AROUND HERE NO MORE

I sure hope his fans that put him where he is will be "REBELS" and not "BREAKDOWN" and "DON'T COME AROUND HERE NO MORE"!!!

JD338

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

85 members (35, 444Matt, Akhutr, 7mm_Loco, 1_deuce, 338reddog, 8 invisible), 1,514 guests, and 785 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,368
Posts18,488,303
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.