Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
OP Offline
S
It happened about 20 years ago, and I still don't feel right about it...

My brother and I were deer hunting during the general season in Okanogan County, Washington State. We were driving up a steep gravel mountain road, and my truck exhaust pipe was getting pretty hot under the floor boards. We got to the top of the mountain, where another truck was parked, and we got out to take a leak. Next thing you know, my truck was up in flames -- 2 - 3 feet high inside the cab. We had guns in there so we grabbed them and threw them out. Shotgun shells were going off. Truck seat was torching... it was bad.

The problem was, I didn't have a fire extinguisher in the truck. So I walked over to the other truck parked there, and looked inside the canopy. We were in a panic, and there was a cooler in there. Luckily the cooler was open, and full of ice, drinks and food. We drug the cooler over to the fire before it burned the wiring out of the dash. We started throwing ice chunks, and we cracked open wine coolers and beer -- whatever was wet. It did the trick and we saved the truck. We were both shaking with adrenaline when the owner of the truck showed up. I told him what happened. At first he was pissed, and later he was cool with it. I think he must have came back to see if his truck was on fire.

We drove home, riding on hot seat springs. Had to stop at two creeks to put out smokes and spotfires in the cab. It stunk something fierce. When we got back to camp, we told gramps about our horror story. He asked, "Did you give him some money to replace his grub?"

So... I'm wondering if the mystery hunter is hanging out on here. I just want to apologize for dumping out your booze and grub and screwing up your hunt. If you can tell me where the truck fire happened, what kind and color of truck, and what kind of truck you were driving, maybe we could square up.

p.s. - I killed a big migrater a couple days later, and sold that pc. of sht truck to my friend after the season. Everyone lived happily ever after.

AmericanBroomShop

"We have a strong passion for brooms."

www.americanbroomshop.com
Tonasket, Washington

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well if he doesn't come forward you could always buy us all a round and set your conscious free...just a suggestion.

S
OP Offline
S
Dang, that would be a lot of wine coolers. I bet you guys are thirsty, too!

AmericanBroomShop

Tonasket, Washington
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm sure it was one of our Wa. members, so I will PM my address so you can send funds and I will make sure to supply plenty of drinkable items to them to make up for your sins grin

[Linked Image]
"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thats a funny story and I have one kinda like it. Was drivin through the small town where I live and noticed a new Yamaha Virago with the seat on fire. Dad slammed on the brakes and started dumping pop on it, musta dumped a 12 pack on it or so before it was pretty well out.. Seat was trashed and the wiring and battery was fried. Dude came runnin out about that time and was a pissed MOFO, stompin around his bike! He didnt say thanks, [bleep] off, or nothin just stomped back inside.. never did buy us any replacement pop!! smile

Last edited by 721_tomahawk; 05/27/10.
IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
It was me. I'll PM you my address for the money.

S
OP Offline
S
laugh O.k. I'll buy a round of beers and send you the money right away. grin

AmericanBroomShop

Tonasket, Washington
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Now if you were the dude driving a Mac logging truck that hit a red and silver Ford Lariat on a logging road above Spada I'da be sendin' my email....but otherwise it is a funny story.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Silverstar
If you can tell me where the truck fire happened, what kind and color of truck, and what kind of truck you were driving, maybe we could square up.

Where? Truck fire happened in your truck.
Kind and color? Defective and charred brown/black.
What I was drivin? I was driving the truck with a cooler full of booze and grub. Odd, I got back and it was all gone. That's the truck I was driving.

Send me a case of Pendleton and we'll call it square....

Me

S
OP Offline
S
Dang. This is getting expensive. I never drove no log truck. I'm a tree hugger trapped in a deer hunter's body. grin

Seriously, somebody needs to fess up. I'm on a limited budget.

AmericanBroomShop

Tonasket, Washington
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Guys in the Okanogan drinking wine coolers???
They were coasties, don't worry about it.

S
OP Offline
S
Yeah, them dang coasties. I hear ya. Problem is I'm a coasty, but the good, redneck logger kind from Darrington. Is that o.k.?

AmericanBroomShop

Tonasket, Washington
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
There are those who live on the wet side, then there are "Coasties". The fact that you knew to throw wine coolers on a fire instead of drinking them says much. grin

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Was driving back from an evening duck shooting at a friends property - pitch black (no moon - overcast - BLACK)

Notice that the water temp gauge has climbed to hot.

Pull over - check radiator - leak (cracked bottom hose)

No water handy that I could find, gas station about 10 miles away - but I had a crate of beer in the boot (12 x 750ml bottles - I think 750mls is about a pint and a quarter in US money).

Anyway, drank one (while waiting for the engine to cool a bit), then filled the radiator on the old girl up with beer.

Had to stop a couple of times to refill before I got to the gas station.

The look on the guys face when I drove in with the car smelling like a hot brewery, and hot frothy beer coming out of the busted hose onto the forecourt of the gas station was priceless.

S
OP Offline
S
Sounds like we should never leave the house without at least a 1/2 rack behind the seat of the truck. Beer is almost as useful as duct tape.

AmericanBroomShop

Tonasket, Washington
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
MikeNZ, that story is funny.

SilverStar, yeah, beer might be almost as useful as duct tape. Hope the guy comes forward. That would be cool to be able to finally repay him.

Last edited by SD300; 05/29/10.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
whistle

TTT

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
After 20 years should bring him a Texas Mickey of Rye...If found.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
...sold that pc. of sh@t truck to my friend after the season. Everyone lived happily ever after.

Including your friend?

Please don't feed the trolls!
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Sounds like we should never leave the house without at least a 1/2 rack behind the seat of the truck. Beer is almost as useful as duct tape.

20 years ago That would have been My cooler as well
But I would have told you to wait while "processed the beer first!

Then we could have pissed the fire out!

Last edited by ColsPaul; 11/04/10.

"wanna hear God laugh? Tell Him you have complete control now!"
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

508 members (1Longbow, 204guy, 257Bob, 12344mag, 25classic, 2500HD, 60 invisible), 2,679 guests, and 1,316 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,294
Posts18,486,992
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.