Print Thread
Hop To
#4140078 06/03/10
R
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
i was looking at a cz 452, and now am reconsidering. anybody have a savage MKII and if so pics of groups would be awesome!

GB1

D
DMW Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by RugerDude
i was looking at a cz 452, and now am reconsidering. anybody have a savage MKII and if so pics of groups would be awesome!

Just curious: besides the cost, is there any other reason you are reconsidering CZ?

DW

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I have a 452 and have had a MKII in stainless/synthetic in the past. Both work well and shoot accurately, well under 1" at 50 yards with bulk ammo. Get the one you think is coolest (or cheapest, if that is cool).

Last edited by wildhobbybobby; 06/04/10.

Life is like a purple antelope on a field of tuna fish...
I
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I
Go to Rimfire Central.Com get your answer there.

Only two defining forces have given up their lives for you.
One is Jesus Christ for your soul, the other is the American soldier, for your freedom.
R
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
i am reconsidering the cz because when i picked one up, and just thouroughly looked it over for fit and finish, put hands on everything i was not terribly impressed. the front sight hood was loose, the back sights are attatched to the barrel (not that this is a bad thing, but not my preference). i love the looks of them, i love the way they feel, they are real slick and everything, but for less money, there is a savage MKII package rifle, heavy barreled, accutriger, already scoped and the whole shabang. i am fishing for a reason not to buy a savage.

IC B2

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I bought the Savage Mark II BV. and I love the accuracy!
The first 10 shot group at 50yds. I covered with a quarter.Sorry, no pics.
Winchester Power Point ammo. 10X scope. I feed it bulk, it's not picky.
Typical for Savage, the laminate stock functions fine but is squared off and not as slim in the wrist as I would like. I have an aftermarket stock on order.
The 10 shot magazine is exactly where I want my left hand for offhand shooting. It makes it awkward. 5 shot mags are fine.

Knowing what I know now, I'd buy it again.

"Camping places fix themselves in your mind as if you had spent long periods of your life in them.
You will remember a curve of your wagon track in the grass of the plain like the features of a friend."
Isak Dinesen

K
K
No pics, but I guess I could get some later on if necessary. I have a Savage MKII, MKII FV & the gun shop say's that my new Savage MKII TRR will be here later this week. I like the Savage MKII series rifles. Mine have been good out of the box & with a little tune up and shoot pretty good with the right ammo. I use CCI Mini Mag HP's mostly. The only thing I have trouble with are the magazines. Not much, mind you. I have found that bending the lips helps the rounds feed much better. Kinda' like working on a 1911 mag.

If you're riding' ahead of the herd, take a look back every now and then to make sure it's still there.
Will Rogers
D
DMW Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by RugerDude
i am reconsidering the cz because when i picked one up, and just thouroughly looked it over for fit and finish, put hands on everything i was not terribly impressed. the front sight hood was loose, the back sights are attatched to the barrel (not that this is a bad thing, but not my preference). i love the looks of them, i love the way they feel, they are real slick and everything, but for less money, there is a savage MKII package rifle, heavy barreled, accutriger, already scoped and the whole shabang. i am fishing for a reason not to buy a savage.

I am guessing it was the Lux or trainer you looked at? Regardless, if it's not your preference, don't get it. CZ makes a good solid gun, and i highly recomend them.

I am not a big fan of Savage, but I can't argue with their performance. I do think the scope that comes in the package deal is garbage, if you go that way, plan on replacing the scope with a decent one.

DW

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

129 members (44mc, 1936M71, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 325wsm1, 10 invisible), 12,491 guests, and 1,113 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,230
Posts18,544,017
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.