Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 29 of 35 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 34 35
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
You win nothing. Scenarshooter killed a bear on Thursday night, June 3rd. He wins the award of the most awesomest first blood on his first day owned MR backpack.

GB1

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Very cool! What MR pack did he buy?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Greeny,
Gonna be headed your direction this week, is there still a couple places on "that side" that are still open a fat man can hike into. Thinking I might throw a rifle in. Casey

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Wham,
Is thet a Bighorn? Too bad that bull didn't make it through, would have been nice to having another one to chase this fall. At least you found it before it went white and the porque's ate it up. Casey

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Casey, season's open everywhere south of town, but things are greening up fast, everywhere, in the trees, and on the north sides. Water is raging! This is house rock about 3 hrs ago and I suspect it could cover in the next day or two, from the warm rains.
[Linked Image]

And check out the bear from Thursday..
[Linked Image]

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You and Pat shouldn't be allowed to hunt together for future reference...

Nobodies going to believe those pics.... It'll be instant "Thats been photoshopped" kind of comments.

How many Rockstars got drank?

laugh

I'm Irish...

Of course I know how to patch drywall
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ovishunter
Wham,
Is thet a Bighorn? Too bad that bull didn't make it through, would have been nice to having another one to chase this fall. At least you found it before it went white and the porque's ate it up. Casey

it's a rare bigsky in MC. wyoming has been getting pounded by the wolves and there are many more winterkills where this came from...

mercy triumphs over judgement
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by Huntr

He bought the NICE and longbow bag.. for those easy gun hunts, unlike backcoutry DIY hardcore wilderness rabbit adventures..
[Linked Image]

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Kent,

Thanks for the AZ pics. Enjoyed seeing the country around your area...

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
N
NXP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
N
Originally Posted by Greenhorn

He bought the NICE and longbow bag.. for those easy gun hunts, unlike backcoutry DIY hardcore wilderness rabbit adventures..
[Linked Image]

Just looking at the pic made me wince a bit - that's gotta be cold.
Big water and no safety rope in sight, and I sure hope that's not snow in the background.

Brrr!

NXP

IC B3

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
he went down seconds after that photo was taken, hit the bottom and pushed downstream a little ways, jumped out, shook off, and continued on his merry way... suffering the pain of those loadlifters the remainder of the trip.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
You guys keep this up and someone might start calling you "Hardcore".... wink

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
You guys keep this up and someone might start calling you "Hardcore".... wink

Yeah, really.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Guys, I should state that I have found some conflicting reviews by ER and that maybe I should give these packs an honest shake. I am confused Aron. On May 31st 2010 in this thread http://forums.bowsite.com/TF/bgforums/thread.cfm?threadid=382873&messages=151&forum=5 you state after HerdBull asks you this question, and your reply follows:

Herdbull ........

How quiet is the outter material of the Longbow? Would you recomend it as a hunting day pack? Mike

I'm going to be using it for a day pack...So I would say yes, it will work great as a day pack. It is louder then some of the other pack companies materials, but not something that I am concerned about.

But on March 4th 2010 in the 2010 Pack Reviews http://forums.bowsite.com/TF/bgforums/thread.cfm?threadid=379652&forum=5#2935163 you state this about the Long bow and Crew cab: (Begin of quote:)

I did not like the MR crew cab or longbow but thought the Bighorn was one of the best packs I ever used.(End of quote)

So, I will just wait until I get to handle one of these packs as the reviews go back and forth regarding these packs from ER and I realize I should not pass judgement, as he likes them one day and dislikes them the next.

ER, So now you do like the Long Bow and are in fact so happy with it you will be using it as your main daypack? Now I see no mention of the Big Horn and you are now endorsing the MR 6500?? Now you understand why I don't get comprehend your reviews.

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Why would you base anything off of what one persons says anyways.

Last edited by SLM; 06/06/10.
S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Congrats Greenhorn, Scenarshooter, I enjoyed the Pics.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by SLM
Why would you base anything off of what one persons says anyways.

No kidding...

I'd be really surprised if you kind find a product where there aren't any negative reviews out there.

Hell, I bet if you looked hard enough you could find somebody that'd say something negative about Scarlet Johannsen's ass.

Great bear Scenarshooter...

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
If you are not smart enough to figure out that I like the Longbow as a daypack but not as a load hauler, it's not my fault.

Like I said before, my intended use of the pack has changed..not the review.

Why would I need to endorse the Bighorn....I already endorsed it.....Should I do it again?

I had never used a 6500 until recently, and now that I have, I don't think it will ever come off my back.

If you don't like the fact that I am using MR packs, choose what makes you happy,,,,,You are an adult...right?

I should add that the MR packs have been standing the test of time and that goes a long way.Other packs have not been doing as well.

Last edited by THE_ELK_REAPER; 06/06/10.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
We are having a mentor/protege(Sp?) melt down. shocked

Kidding Reaper............I have lived in the wilds of Iowa before......

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I once worked for a company that does quite well and we often times "fired" our pain-in-the-ass customers. Meaning that we refused to do business with them as they were annoying time-sucks and provided far less potential value than reward. Tidbit or info anyway.

Longbow's a great pack. Some still use a XL bag (6500) as there's often times things that are nice to stuff in there.. full chest waders, boots, spotter, tripod, other gear.. 6500 can be used as a daypack as was yesterday. But this guy uses his crewcab "almost every day".. It must suck. Don't tell him about those loadlifters.
[Linked Image]

Brand spankin new Longbow getting some use..
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

poser shot..
[Linked Image]

Page 29 of 35 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 34 35

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

124 members (338reddog, 79S, 2ndwind, 257_X_50, 35WhelenNut, 300_savage, 22 invisible), 1,624 guests, and 934 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,367
Posts18,488,286
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.