Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Besides stand there and look over BPs shoulder, there's really not much he can do, except maybe wring his hands and gnash his teeth...which is what he's doing. All of what he's done is just for show.

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
He needs to chill out, you know, throw another party or something.

μολὼν λαβέ
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I guess he is now mad enough to walk out onto the gulf waters and heal the ocean.

Maybe he will turn it into wine?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Gringo Loco
Originally Posted by RufusG
Originally Posted by LeRoy
declaring himself furious at a situation that "is imperiling an entire way of life and an entire region for potentially years."

Because it's hindering his efforts to imperil an entire way of life and an entire nation for potentially forever?

Ironical

Actually, it is helping his efforts to imperil our country. The moratorium on drilling in the gulf only hurts our economy more, and this action is solely on Obama and his administration - not BP. They not only placed a moratorium on deep water drilling in the GOM, but also redefined deep water as 500' vs the standard 1000'. Except where safety is concerned due to the spill, drilling should continue. The oilfield workers, and auxillary support industry (boats, trucking, tubular suppliers, etc.) will all suffer for this, and so will the economy due to increased unemployment. Summer is coming on. Demand for oil and gas will rise and supplies should continue. This spill should be kept in perspective. It is exceedingly rare for this to happen. His response is purely political with BP as the convenient and viable scapegoat for it all. Obama and Rahm are probably dancing a jig each morning at their good fortune in this catastrophy. Even as the country languishes in unemployment and recession, the Obama administration deliberately just pushed a button to make it worse. Of course, they have no shortage of support from minions of gullible fools.

I don't know about all that. I don't dispute that that's what will occur in the short term, but most if not all of that can be undone when he's gone.

And this, and a few other crises, should be enough to send him packing in 2012.

We'll just have to wait and see.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by watch4bear
I hope he smacks Michelle right in the mouth.

That's a good way to lose a hand. Last time I saw a mouth like that, it had a hook in it!

If the American People allow private banks to control the issuance of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks..., will deprive the People of all their Property,...Thomas Jefferson
IC B2

B
BLG Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
The knee jerk reaction to the spill to shut down drilling is an absolute bonehead decision. He's going to make life really really bad for those in the southern parishes already hurting from the spill. He's an attention whore, and is worhthless to the core. (Poet and don't know it)

Clyde

The liberal mind is an endless black hole of stupidity.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Not just the affected parishes, but the entire nation. He has effectively shut down 6% of our oil production for the next year or more. Those rigs are going to move to where they can make money, and will be very difficult to get back and restart production if and when the moratorium is lifted.

That's what happens when you elect unqualified morons to high office. He has no idea how things work, and how this country operates, and quite frankly, I don't think he much cares.

If the American People allow private banks to control the issuance of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks..., will deprive the People of all their Property,...Thomas Jefferson
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Furious, only after a racist Hollyweird director told him to be....

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
did some oil wash up on his favorite gulf course?

B
BLG Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by mike762
Not just the affected parishes, but the entire nation. He has effectively shut down 6% of our oil production for the next year or more. Those rigs are going to move to where they can make money, and will be very difficult to get back and restart production if and when the moratorium is lifted.

That's what happens when you elect unqualified morons to high office. He has no idea how things work, and how this country operates, and quite frankly, I don't think he much cares.

I agree Mike. And while we're at it, the oil business is risky. Everyone down here knows it. We don't want the drilling to stop, hell we want more of it. BP wasn't equiped to handle it. That's the sad part. But the fed. govt. anit able to do it either. I'm pissed that more isn't being done to clean up the mess, and that more wasn't done to prevent it in the first place. If this oil kills the marsh over the next few months, next years hurricane season is going to give me a pucker factor of 1 million. Nothing will be left to stop the storm surge. It's gonna go from a catastrophe to total devastation right quick. This oil spill has the potential to be worse than any natural disaster in history. Katrina will look like a thunderstorm. I hope I'm wrong, but it doesn't look good for our coast. I feel bad for Alabama, Florida and parts of Miss. But beaches are a lot easier to clean than marsh estuaries. We will not recover for a long time if ever.

Clyde

The liberal mind is an endless black hole of stupidity.
IC B3

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
The oil gig anger is actually an attempt to shield his real volitility towards this Blago trial. The fact the BP spill is now become(fair or not)his Bush's Katrina,times 3,doesn't help any, of course, but this Blago fiasco is imploding him in tortuous fashion.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by isaac
but this Blago fiasco is imploding him in tortuous fashion.

How I hope that is true,Bob.

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
The company I work for drills these type of wells and now wonders how we will ever do it when the rig rates, bonds and insurance rates all skyrocket. If are drilling them, who will supply that oil to the US?

stumpy

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Maybe the POS will stop and look like a little oil
puddle!!
Then they can report him missing.
Charlie

If Ignorance is bliss, then why aren't there more
happy people
If The gun was in the hands of the victim,there would be no
murders,robberies or rapes.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
He loves this, hey ,no crisis goes wasted. In fact he wants this to be big oils Three Mile Island. He will not stop the oil, he will take no action of any effective kind. The more damage done the better. This pushes his Green Economy, which he knows will bring this nation to it's knee's. This will not be his Katrina, he will be insulated from that by the loyal media, he will be made out to be the hero in this. He is the "savior" after all.

But when it's done, he will be made out to be the savior. Pluck him and the horse he rode in on. He's an enemy of the people, and of American liberty, pure and simple

Last edited by crosshair; 06/04/10.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by RufusG
Originally Posted by LeRoy
declaring himself furious at a situation that "is imperiling an entire way of life and an entire region for potentially years."

Because it's hindering his efforts to imperil an entire way of life and an entire nation for potentially forever?

Ironical

Yeah! Every fuggin comment I've heard from non-Southerner's are woefully lacking! Will the Gulf of Mexico recover in 10yrs? or 100yrs? I'm not a "Southerner" altho I grew up my teen years in Florida and would have been sympathetic to the Confederacy.

If the oil spill had occurred 200 years ago, there would have been no French Quarter and bourban Street in Nawlenz, no Andy Jackson and Battle of New Orleans, no Creole cooking, no Jean LeFeet (sp?) pirate!, no sea food industry like has been wiped out, and not even a Samual Clemens (a.k.a. Mark Twain).

This oil spill will "guarentee" the South's poverty for decades to come! And maybe much longer than that.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well anyway the only thing he is furious about is that the first photo ops trip down there didn't work and it is cutting into his golf and vacation time. Useless little prick!

On the serious side is he going to get away with sitting on his ass doing nothing and for how much longer.

Last edited by 17ACKLEYBEE; 06/04/10.

NRA Lifetime Member
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
He must be pissed because while halting all opperations in the ENTIRE federal government and devoting them all to the leak since the first day the explosion happened he was still unable to accomplish a GD thing.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100604/ap_on_bi_ge/us_gulf_oil_spill

White House spokesman Nick Shapiro said the president was worried about a leak much greater.

"Which is exactly why he ordered the entire federal government � on the day the rig collapsed � to treat this as the No. 1 priority and to devote every resource needed to respond to this incident and investigate its cause."

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G

Prezactly.

Originally Posted by watch4bear
I hope he smacks Michelle right in the mouth.

That's a good way to lose a hand. Last time I saw a mouth like that, it had a hook in it!

Laughing. Too funny.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by 340boy
Originally Posted by isaac
but this Blago fiasco is imploding him in tortuous fashion.

How I hope that is true,Bob.

I wish it were true, but I expect one of his koolaide drinking followers to take the blame and fall on his sword.

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

161 members (35WhelenNut, 300_savage, 338reddog, 308xray, 16penny, 27 invisible), 2,016 guests, and 1,011 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,367
Posts18,488,268
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.