Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Actually, it keeps them from being considered for many jobs, which likely makes them stay on unemployment for a lot longer.

Toke up all you want if you want to chance the legal consequence, just not while receiving a .gov handout for not having a job. Making yourself unemployable, while collecting benefits should be curtailed.

"The Bigger the Government, the Smaller the Citizen" - Dennis Prager LINK

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
What does it matter if an unemployed person tokes up? He paid into the unemployment fund and it really shouldn't be anyone's business what they do.
Most businesses require drug testing now, and you should maintain yourself in a state to be available to work to be eligible for unemployment insurance. If you can't pass a drug test, you may not be able to get off unemployment. That's a rationale I can see, anyway.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Political posturing for Oral Hatch; nothing more, nothing less.

He knows it will go nowhere, and is electioneering to the highest degree possible.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Yup.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Get some of those professional politico's out of there and better legislation may be the result. Or we'll send different ones up next time.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'd like to see Medicaid (especially expectant mothers and those with young eligible children) and Disability welfare recips under the same scrutiny.

<<<<<<<<<<<SPACE FOR RENT>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
you peopel don't get it.... as long as there is a handout there is no incentive to work. Keep paying 99 weeks of unemployment benefits people will not look for week until the 100th week.

ML

My biggest fear is when I die my wife sells all my gear for what I said I paid for it.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I don't really care who does the testing,just so it gets done.
I have no problem with this.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Kinda like Plainsman on this!It should be done by someone. Lightman

lightman
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm not sure if I agree with testing those on unemployment since that is a temporary thing and usually caused by events beyond one's control. But welfare recipients? Yeah, long overdue and should have been in place when the program started.

Originally Posted by 458 Lott
How about mandatory drug testing for all government employees?

Some of us are.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by plainsman456
I do... Where in the Constitution does it give this particular power to the Feds?

That's the problem... YOU and millions of other idiotic Americans don't have a problem with the Federal government chipping away at our freedoms... It's f*cking sickening... Read the Constitution!!!!!!!!!!!

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by BrotherBart
I do... Where in the Constitution does it give this particular power to the Feds?

That's the problem... YOU and millions of other idiotic Americans don't have a problem with the Federal government chipping away at our freedoms... It's f*cking sickening... Read the Constitution!!!!!!!!!!!

Considering that the "gimme" programs aren't listed in the Constitution either, perhaps just cut back to the source, do away with those, and thus negate the need/want/call for drug testing.

Wait... sorry.... that makes too much damned sense.

Hey, it's early and pre-coffee.... wink

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Ain't anybody saying the government should say you shouldn't light up, just we won't send a check if you do. I got no problem with it. I have a problem with most of the free checks anyway. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
I agree with testing for welfare, medicaid, foodstamps, other free social services.

Unemployment is an insurance already paid for by you when you worked. It's like Social security, workmans comp, that the employer has paid into and considered part of your overall payment package when employed. As an employer it costs your wage + 1/2 your SS payment + your share of unemployment insurance + workman's comp, usually around 25% above your wage. An employer would be happy to pay you that 25% instead of sending it in, that's what it costs anyway.

Unemployment is not a freebe and you can't collect long enough to get back your premiums from a life time of work.

Kent

Tod Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by stomatador
Today I feel represented.

Hatch proposes drug testing for welfare, unemployment recipients

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=11192389

http://www.sltrib.com/utah/ci_15304078

cheers,
stoma

Now of we could only get drug testing for members of congress. smile

Be the person your dog thinks you are.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by krp
I agree with testing for welfare, medicaid, foodstamps, other free social services.

Unemployment is an insurance already paid for by you when you worked. It's like Social security, workmans comp, that the employer has paid into and considered part of your overall payment package when employed. As an employer it costs your wage + 1/2 your SS payment + your share of unemployment insurance + workman's comp, usually around 25% above your wage. An employer would be happy to pay you that 25% instead of sending it in, that's what it costs anyway.

Unemployment is not a freebe and you can't collect long enough to get back your premiums from a life time of work.

Kent

I agree. Welfare is mooching off of the people of the country, I'm all for drug testing requirements if you want a freebie.

Drawing unemployment is collecting that which you yourself have paid into a fund, the government isn't giving you anything except your own money back. On top of that, you don't have any option to opt out of paying for the unemployment insurance, it's mandatory even though many will never get a dime back out of it. I might say okay on the drug testing requirement if paying the insurance were voluntary, but it's not, the money is taken from you whether you want to be part of the insurance pool or not. I'm pretty sure most would come out better financially over the long haul if they were allowed to keep that 1.45% of their paycheck every month in exchange for not being able to draw unemployment benefits.

Drug test welfare receipients all you want, but requiring that for unemployment is BS.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

sorry but I call BS on that premise

my employees pay .5% of their wages, currently I pay 1.58% into that same fund

we don't have drug testing (nobody could afford a haircut if we did, grin)

but my point is, employers pay the majority of UE insurance, for an individual to make themselves unemployable by drug use, is effectively ripping off the employer.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The problem with all drug testing is that the guy who shoots heroin, smokes meth, drops acid, and snorts cocaine could easily not get caught by a drug screen due to these drugs clearing out of the body quickly.
The habitual abuser of the legal drug, alcohol, is far more dangerous to himself and those around him than the guy who smokes a joint now and then IMO.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
agreed with that premise

but if you're collecting unemployment you should be prepared to go to work imo. Up to and including a job that does drug testing.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (1234, 17CalFan, 160user, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 56 invisible), 2,313 guests, and 1,207 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,517
Posts18,490,943
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.