Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
D
Duc1198 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
It's a 7 min vid but I'll summarize. It look to be pretty calm throughout the entire video until they try to capture it (which any dog would resist), then pin it to the ground. It lies there quietly and is even wagging its tale. [bleep] Nut Cop #1 decides to pull his weapon and pop it in the head!

If any cop kills my dog for no reason I'm [bleep] him/the department up somehow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kJVnA5KXJw&feature=player_embedded

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
cat people?

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Woof..

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Terrorism?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Might need to decaffeinate a few of these cops...

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If you watch the video, the reason it was lying quietly and wagging its tale was because he shot it, and then it laid down and was kicking and the tail was thumping. He then finished it with a second shot. The dog didn't just magically lay down.

I've been in instances where a dog had to be put down. We don't know that this dog didn't just maul some kid of something. Normally, if things got bad but no one was bit, we'd spray it. Once the biting starts, the dog would get shot.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Seems to be a happening trend lately.

We've had 2 dogs shot in their yards by police here this season. Both very controversial with no real justification ever given.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
I dont think the cop was justified. It was not a good shot. What if..........the bullet bounced off of the ground a went through a window......Not A GOOD DECISION. Glad just the dog died.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Does anybody know why they shot the dog ?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

To no one in particular...

I ain't gonna watch the vid. seen enough of that kinda stuff lately.

I ain't gonna listen to any cop bashing, either. seen enough of that kinda crap lately, too.

But I will say a couple things.

First, it's a dog. Don't get all Bambi on me.

This is a hunter's site, we routinely kill critters. No big thing. (if that bothers you, please refer to my first 2 sentences)

Second, I've killed lots of dogs.
Lots and lots and lots of 'em, including my own. (if that bothers you, please refer to my first 2 sentences)

Everyone I know brings me their dog when "that time" comes.....

A friend last winter said to me "how can you be so heartless? How can killing someone's dog be so easy for you, you do it without batting an eye?"

I said, "Friend, you gots me all wrong. You think it doesn't hurt? You think I'm heartless? The fact is ya gotta do what ya gotta do. Sometimes a dog needs killing and there's nothing gonna change that. I don't do it because I'm heartless, I do it because I have a GREAT BIG heart. Most people can't shoot their own dog, even when they know it must be done and done now. I do it to spare them the grief and misery."

Now my friend knows and understands me a little better.
Do you?
Don't go all Bambi on me.
It's a dog.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

IC B3

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by Archerhunter

To no one in particular...

I ain't gonna watch the vid. seen enough of that kinda stuff lately.

I ain't gonna listen to any cop bashing, either. seen enough of that kinda crap lately, too.

But I will say a couple things.

I put down a dog a few months ago.........357 to the head. I was willing to hang him, right then and there. My son got lucky, the dog didnt.

I love dogs. No matter the breed.

Bad shot the cop had. Period. I would have rather got a axe and done the dog in.

Just saying, did you see the house in the background. I would not have bee a happy camper knowing a bullet was left loose like that in my hood.

Again, just me and my opinion.

First, it's a dog. Don't get all Bambi on me.

This is a hunter's site, we routinely kill critters. No big thing. (if that bothers you, please refer to my first 2 sentences)

Second, I've killed lots of dogs.
Lots and lots and lots of 'em, including my own. (if that bothers you, please refer to my first 2 sentences)

Everyone I know brings me their dog when "that time" comes.....

A friend last winter said to me "how can you be so heartless? How can killing someone's dog be so easy for you, you do it without batting an eye?"

I said, "Friend, you gots me all wrong. You think it doesn't hurt? You think I'm heartless? The fact is ya gotta do what ya gotta do. Sometimes a dog needs killing and there's nothing gonna change that. I don't do it because I'm heartless, I do it because I have a GREAT BIG heart. Most people can't shoot their own dog, even when they know it must be done and done now. I do it to spare them the grief and misery."

Now my friend knows and understands me a little better.
Do you?
Don't go all Bambi on me.
It's a dog.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
I put down a dog a few months ago.........357 to the head. I was willing to hang him, right then and there. My son got lucky, the dog didnt.

Bad shot the cop had. Period. I would have rather got a axe and done the dog in.

Just saying, did you see the house in the background. I would not have been a happy camper knowing a bullet was let loose like that in my hood.

Last edited by fester; 06/22/10.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I hear ya friend Fester. (or should I say feind? smile )

No worries over here, I hear ya.

There's just been some chit goin on around here lately that's grown tiresome. Thought I'd speak to some of it.... just because.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Alamosa
Seems to be a happening trend lately.

We've had 2 dogs shot in their yards by police here this season. Both very controversial with no real justification ever given.
According to two guests on Stossel last Thursday, this pattern became standard practice when they started using SWAT for common service of warrants. Originally, SWAT was for hot shootout situation, i.e., they were called after cops were involved in a shootout. Now they use them, along with dynamic entry, for standard warrant service. Their standard procedure is to shoot any and all dogs inside, and there seems to be virtually no way to cooperate in such as way as to avoid this tragic outcome.

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
So that dumbass, took a shot a dog that was showing no sign of agression towards them!! Secondly he fired at the dogs head with a concrete sidewalk as the birm. TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE!! Maybe if they had some actual animal control officers on scene this would have not happened. A pass through could have ended up anywhere. Those cops need to hit the gym and maybe then they could have taken control of the situation. I expected it to be a pit bull, but it was more like a lab.

You can't fix stupid
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Anything that the ASPCA does,or pleads for,ain't worth my attention...

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Originally Posted by fester

Just saying, did you see the house in the background. I would not have been a happy camper knowing a bullet was let loose like that in my hood.

Your an IDIOT!!

You can't fix stupid
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BlackSmoke
Originally Posted by fester

Your an IDIOT!!

+1..sounds like f'n tool needs to be put down, I'll volunteer.

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
blacksmoke and okok,

Come bring this tool down.....dead dog, I should have eatin the little [bleep] to.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Idiot..................o.k.

You got me.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

648 members (1234, 1Longbow, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 69 invisible), 2,810 guests, and 1,262 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,418
Posts18,528,245
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.