Campfire Kahuna
I agree.

GTC

Link: http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=171077

It's time to open impeachment file
Posted: June 26, 2010
1:00 am Eastern

� 2010

Yes, yes, I know. An impeachment investigation will never be started while Nancy Pelosi is speaker of the House. The good news is that this obstacle to impeachment will likely be removed by January.

It goes without saying that the impeachment process should never be a political weapon used to pursue partisan political advantage. But neither should an impeachment investigation be obstructed for political reasons.

Impeachment is a constitutional remedy to be used for serious offenses identified in the Constitution. So, we must ask this question: Has Barack Obama crossed the line that separates political differences from the serious offenses that warrant impeachment?

The Constitution's provisions for impeachment and removal are not aimed solely at the office of president. Article II, Section 4, stipulates that "the President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors."

Let the world know your solution to unconstitutional tyranny in America with the magnetic bumper sticker: "IMPEACH OBAMA!"

I believe there is a growing body of evidence of impeachable offenses sufficient to warrant a formal impeachment resolution in the House, followed by a trial in the Senate.

It is instructive that the founders listed only two specific crimes justifying impeachment � bribery and treason. The accusations of bribery against this president are now numerous and growing, and by themselves deserve an independent investigation under supervision of a bipartisan committee of the House of Representatives. In Pennsylvania and Colorado, candidates for the U.S. Senate were offered federal appointments in exchange for dropping out of their respective races. On their face, those actions are attempted bribery and warrant a thorough investigation.

There are also presidential actions that may stray into the category of high crimes and misdemeanors. Only this past week we have witnessed a United States senator tell his constituents that the president, in an Oval Office conversation, refused a direct request to enforce the Constitution's guarantee of federal protection against foreign invasion. Obama wants a legislative "deal" in exchange for acting to secure the southwest border.

Let's ponder the meaning of that news item and ask if this falls into the category of normal political "horse trading." The president of the United States, in brazen defiance of his oath of office to protect and defend the Constitution, refuses to faithfully execute the laws of the United States unless he gets amnesty legislation to benefit another 15 to 20 million illegal aliens. The principal beneficiary of that amnesty would be a foreign country, Mexico, not the United States.

Article IV, Section 4, of the Constitution guarantees each state protection against foreign invasion. The governor of Arizona and three other governors have formally requested 6,000 National Guard troops to help protect against the foreign invasion now under way, an invasion supported, encouraged and assisted by the government of Mexico. President Obama says � no, I will not fulfill that constitutional duty unless I get something in return.

Seven United States senators have written President Obama to ask him not to use his executive powers for parole and delayed departure to grant de facto amnesty to millions of illegal aliens. If he does use this power, which was clearly intended by Congress as an administrative remedy to be used in individual cases, he will be violating the spirit of the separation of powers and usurping legislative authority over immigration law.

In foreign affairs, this president has shown a cavalier disregard for the security interests of the United States. In Afghanistan, he has insisted on a fixed timetable for withdrawal of U.S. military forces � against the strenuous objections of his military advisers. He thereby gave the enemy a timetable for their victory and the return of terrorist training bases in that country.

Obama has refused to allow anyone in his government to use the term "radical Islam" to describe the enemy who has declared war on this country. To what purpose? If you cannot identify your enemy, that can only serve to hinder the prosecution of that war and undermine the sovereignty and security of the United States.

But perhaps Obama's most serious offense against the Constitution's limitations and obligations is his war against the Constitution itself. He does not adhere to the oath he took to defend the Constitution because he does not respect the Constitution.

It may be that these actions do not yet support or prove a case for impeachment. But considering Obama's drive for expansion of his executive powers and his disregard for clear constitutional duties, it clearly is time for Congress to open an investigation.

Citizens and patriots who love the Constitution and the liberties it protects have already started their own impeachment files to chronicle Obama's high crimes and misdemeanors, beginning with the overt crime of bribery. Whether or not the crime of treason will be added to that file remains to be seen. But the question is being asked, and the answer may not be pretty.

If you would like to sound off on this issue, participate in today's WND Poll.

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Oh how sweet it will be, I so want to see fancy Nancy out on her azz! Maybe she can turn tricks in San Francisco.

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Come on Les....you know nobody would buy her.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Tom264
Come on Les....you know nobody would buy her.

Granted , nobody would RENT her . But , if I buy a dog or horse , I have the right to shoot them , don't I ?

Might be a lot of bidders ! grin

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Nobody even noticed when Tancredo ran for president, such a shame.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by watch4bear
Nobody even noticed when Tancredo ran for president, such a shame.

I noticed, and said that a Tancredo/Hunter ticket would be my dream ticket. Note that dreams often, if not always, go unfulfilled................

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If ever there was a time,it is now, while we still have a constitution.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Not wanting to sound superior but I've been strumming this banjo for a spell now....hope it catches on and goes somewhere after the November elections.

Only good that can come from the Administration is the message it conveys to future generations, that being that Lady Liberty is not a whore and commands certain levels of respect. Obama needs to be completely humiliated upon his departure from office and impeachment and conviction would be a good way to do it....another first for his resume'.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
From his lips to God's ears!!!

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
About freaking time... I've been wearing my 'Impeach Obama' hat for 16 months.... First - the November ousting of incumbents including the ghastly speaker.. Then, begin the process of impeachment... Let's GO!!!

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
IC B3

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
The question is do the Repubs have the balls to do it? Lord willing, the new congress will.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most. - Mark Twain.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I agree. Once we get the Dems out of power, impeachment of the president would be more than justified. He's certainly guilty of bribery and extortion by means of his capacity as president, e.g., "We'll talk about protecting the southern borders from invasion (a presidential sworn duty) only if residents of the southern border push their representatives to pass amnesty for illegals."

P
prm Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I noticed when Tancredo ran! Was disappointed he didn't get more support.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Impeachment might be possible after Novemeber, but it would be a moot process as conviction would require democratic support for since it requires a 2/3 Senate majority. I don't see that happening.

An impeachment proceeding would be an interesting process, more likely a circus, that would most certainly take away from the process of saving this country economically and politically. Given the democrats, and their media apologist's, proclivity for disinformation, impeachment would be used to paint conservatives as mean-spirited petty hate mongering racists and lose much support the democrats have thrown away by their treason's, arrogance, and ineptitude.

I believe a much more productive approach would be to highlight, hit and re-hit all the amazingly treacherous, treasonous, arrogant, and just plain stupid things the democrats have done to harm this country and it's citizens. These things are not talking points but points in fact. There should never be a time or interview where they are not confronted by their graft, corruption, excesses, and crimes until they are afraid to come out in the light of day. Educate the electorate, but do not alienate them.

This is a time when people are awaking from the stupor of liberal opiated lies. That time needs to be helped along with simple truths that will lead to stark realities and allow the sleeping giant that can be America to shake off the drugged propaganda of the progressives and clear their heads.

Let history impeach and convict Obama. It will do so quickly without recourse or defense unless easy and clear truths are obscured and obfuscated by a political feel good show trial.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
God's speed to him, and others that pursue the impeachment.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
IF they take over congress the Repubs won't have the intestinal fortitude to do it. Would be worried about PC, losing votes and rioting by the brown and black masses.

" The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants" Thomas Jefferson.

Molon Labe
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
".....rioting by the brown and black masses."

WTF , Over ?

regardless of WHAT happens in the political arena you WILL see rioting this Summer,...and on a scale never seen before in the inner cities of this nation.

Wait 'til "Machete" plays for a week(August Premiere), than drive through East L.A.

You can stop in Watts on the way home for some BBQd Leroy.

"If",......Good Lord.

GTC

-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
"I believe a much more productive approach would be to highlight, hit and re-hit all the amazingly treacherous, treasonous, arrogant, and just plain stupid things the democrats have done to harm this country and it's citizens. These things are not talking points but points in fact. There should never be a time or interview where they are not confronted by their graft, corruption, excesses, and crimes until they are afraid to come out in the light of day. Educate the electorate, but do not alienate them. " RickyD

Very well said, and excellent.

Last edited by ratsmacker; 06/27/10.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
BURN THE WITCH!!!

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Tancredo speaks plain ENGLISH.

That, I can handle.

GTC

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

607 members (12344mag, 02bfishn, 1234, 1lessdog, 163bc, 01Foreman400, 62 invisible), 2,449 guests, and 1,310 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,572
Posts18,491,887
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.