Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
R
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
R
hi guys i just got my mits on a win coyote in 25 wssm. i am trying to get the stock off but i cant get it to come loose. i pulled the screws,floorplate,and box out but it will not seperate. i am thinking that the factory put some bedding compound in the lug area without release agent. hope someone can help. thankx.

GB1

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
A friend of mine told the same story of his new M70 featherweight in a short mag. He said he was actually impressed with the factory bedding effort. Said he figured it was an epoxy & that he had a heck of a time getting his apart. Quite a change from the �hot glue� type �bedding� we are used to from Winchester. I�m thinking they must have started this in around the time the new short mags caught on. Not sure if it�s exclusive to the short mags, sounds as though it is not exclusive to the coyote though since he encountered the same with his FWT. Might have to crack it loose like you sometimes have to do with a fresh bedding job. The one thing you have going for you is the heavy barrel, don�t do this just because I say so, check with some of the smart dudes in here first but I�d remove screws, trigger guard & floor plate/frame, then pad a bench top edge with something like maybe a folded towel, hold the pistol grip area with thumb over tang with one hand & grasp fore end from underside with other hand tightly & give a few progressive downward raps connecting the bench top edge with the barrel just barely forward of the stock, start with love taps & progress upward from there until common sense tells you �hey man, you�re going to break something, better seek the gun doctors help on this one�. You might get lucky & crack it loose to the point where you can wiggle it out.

Something clever here.

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Its bedded really well. My coyote in 243 wssm was the same way, and I took a rubber mallet and tapped it right out. The bedding job on mine was really tight, as I had to tap mine back in to put it back together.

John M.

If I give an opinion on it, I have used or owned it.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

146 members (300_savage, 1_deuce, 308xray, 673, 2500HD, 01Foreman400, 14 invisible), 1,225 guests, and 955 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,090
Posts18,522,086
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.