Print Thread
Hop To
Page 13 of 15 1 2 11 12 13 14 15
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by VAnimrod

Figure that pic must have been taken at Radford.....

And bought at 7-11 no doubt

GB1

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by teal
Originally Posted by Higbean
Coors Light in a can.

That would have to be free..... grin

I would have to be paid.

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Fat Tire, Southern Pecan and Warsteiner Dark are always nice to come home to. The Snake River Brewery in Jackson Hole produces some tasty beer also (just can't get it every day). Tonight it's FAT TIRE.

"If I couldn't laugh I would go insane." JB
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Last edited by huntsonora; 06/25/10.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Anything so long as it's from a Keg.

[Linked Image]

I'd tap it...

I'd tap em both grin

Drummond

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I was a 'beer virgin' until I was...don't laugh...25 yrs old. Growing up in a strict Baptist home (I'm a recovering fundamentalist!) alcohol was a strict taboo (as were movie theaters, long hair, tatoos, etc, etc. ad nauseum). I still remember the day I bought my first six-pack (Corona--I didn't know any better) walking out the store feeling like Satan was going to bust up from the ground and take me right down! laugh
I have only tried about ten different beers so far but my friend, who is far more experienced than I, has been leading me down the path of beer redemption.
To date my favorites have been Full Sail's Lager recipe No.1, Deschutes Mirror Pond Ale and my absolute fave so far Widmer's Hefewiezen (that's always stocked in my fridge). Here in TF, Idaho we get a lot of the Oregon beers which to my inexperienced palate aren't too bad.
On a side note, I absolutely HATE coffee so any of the darker beers that start getting that 'roasted' flavor I can't do-- which makes me a Hefe and Pale ale kind of guy, I guess. Anyway, thought I throw in a "novice's" opinion.

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
MH

Well then, I guess Guinness is out of the question!

Try some of the amber or red beers. Alaska Amber is outstanding.

WN

'Tis far better to walk alone than to follow a crowd going the wrong way.
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Lots of good stuff mentioned. I like Flying Dog Tire Bite Ale...Bass Ale....Budweiser American Ale is nice....

Any really hoppy IPA....

Paul
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Widmer Hef is one of my favs as well

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Ok mathman, I started my 110 beer tour at a local tavern today. Im trying to see if I can overcome my trailer park taste buds. Today I sampled Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, Harp Lager and what they refer to as a "Snakebite Blend" Guinness and Hard Cider. The Harps Lager from Ireland was the best in my opinion followed by the Pale Ale. I tried the ale at the chilled temperature you suggested but still didnt like it that much. A slight after taste I find unfavorable. Harp Lager is IMO the best beer Ive ever tasted.

The view one sees is his own
Practitioner of the ancient art of skank fu
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by mathman

Even if you generally prefer hoppy beer (I do, Sierra Nevada Torpedo Extra IPA is a household beer for me) Ruination can blast your palate if you aren't ready. Stone beers are generally quite hoppy and their Ruination is badass hoppy.

I don't know the Misery Bay beer however.

Bob,

You would be better of to start with Stone IPA. Get used to that, then take the leap to Ruination. 22 oz bombers will do you good.

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ExpatFromOK

This is outstanding as is Arrogant Bastard.

Their Russian Imperial Stout is simply Other Worldly....

Yes to all of the above. The ONLY Stone brew I do not care for is Old Guardian. Not much for the barley wine beers.

ALDO LEOPOLD
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Bob,
This is what you should look fir:

[Linked Image]

ALDO LEOPOLD
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Then try this:

[Linked Image]

ALDO LEOPOLD
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
One of my favorite slogans:

[Linked Image]

ALDO LEOPOLD
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by huntsonora
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Anything so long as it's from a Keg.

[Linked Image]

I'd tap it...

I'd tap em both grin

Drummond

yep

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I tried the ale at the chilled temperature you suggested but still didnt like it that much. A slight after taste I find unfavorable

If their keg of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is in good condition and their lines are clean then that aftertaste is probably the bitterness of hops. A sharp pale ale can be a bit much for a beginner.

In general stay away from bar named blends like that Snakebite and other such abominations.

The Harp you got was most likely brewed in Canada, not the real Irish product. Either way it's not that much different than what you're accustomed to so your "trailer park taste buds" weren't dragged very far from their comfort zone.

I suggest some genuine Czech Pilsner or Bavarian Helles for the next things on your list. They'll expand the range of your palate without pushing too far too fast.

Don't tangle with any really hoppy beers yet.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
German black beer was the best I've tried. Czech Budweiser is excellent too. Icelandic beer is very good. British bitters is smooth.

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
The beer style is bitter. An s on the end changes the meaning to the cocktail flavoring.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Samuel Smith Tadcaster Yorkshire Stingo is mighty nice. I had one a week ago. There are so many beers that are just fantastic. I studied brewing as well as winemaking in college at UC Davis and brewed commercially at Hart Brewing (makers of Pyramid Ales) back in mid 1988 to mid 1989 but got back into winemaking.

Last weekend I got together with my dad for Father's Day (he and my older brother got me interested in good beers after my brother's trip to Germany back in 1980 or so). So last weekend my dad and I went to a couple pubs in Portland, OR and had some great beers. I remarked to him that the beer culture and the wine culture are so vastly different and that I am much more a beer culture kind of guy despite preferring to make wine. I hate that so many of the folks who are into wine are such snobs. Beer is the common man's drink, one which is shared by basic good folk sitting bar stool by bar stool. Man I like that.

Page 13 of 15 1 2 11 12 13 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

530 members (222ND, 219DW, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 204guy, 22kHornet, 63 invisible), 2,614 guests, and 1,167 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,481
Posts18,529,668
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.