Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
J
joe60 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
"I have hunted with Alaska Bush Adventures twice. Once in 2005 for caribou and in 2008 for black and brown bear. In both instances I was guided by Ryan Krank. I found him to be knowledgeable and experienced in guiding. I was impressed with the logistical support the outfitter had in the bush. The equipment needed during the hunt was available minus the items outlined in the equipment list provided prior to each hunt. The food that was served was adequate. In the main camp breakfast consisted of eggs, bacon and pancakes. Lunches were different types of lunch meats and cheeses with fresh bread. Dinner was ground meat, potatoes, noodles and canned goods. It was also supplemented with fresh caught fish and game. In spike camp the breakfast consisted of oatmeal and the other meals were freeze dried backpacker meals which were delicious. Snacks were provided with fresh fruits, granola and candy bars. The quality and abundance of the food provided was above what I had anticipated for a back country hunt. A shower and a latrine were in each main camp. On both trips, mechanical problems were experienced with either the boat motors or the argos. In each incident the problems were repaired and my hunt was not impacted.

On my 2005 hunt I got a small caribou on the next to the last day. The hunting conditions were not ideal due to weather and animal movements. I felt that my guide did put in 100% effort during the entire trip. Even though the animal I got was not as big as I had hoped I enjoyed myself during the trip and I felt that I worked very hard in order to take that animal. My second hunt was originally booked for September 2007. A week before I was scheduled to leave the trip was canceled by Les Krank. Due to unforeseen problems with guides, he felt that he could not provide a satisfactory hunt to me for that year. This trip was rescheduled for 2008. I feel that this cancellation was a sign of the outfitter's integrity. An unscrupulous outfitter would have allowed me to hunt in 2007 anyway, thus fulfilling the contract even though I would not have had a good hunt. In 2008 I took a black bear and a brown bear. Again I was impressed by my guide's abilities and I ended up having the best hunt of my life to date. I have had two positive experiences with this outfitter and I plan on returning for future hunts.

I have read some negative reviews posted on web sites concerning this outfitter. I have not experienced anything that these posts describe. I feel that perhaps some of these individuals were not prepared for the harsh conditions that are experienced in Alaska. Alaska is an environment that is different and harsher than what is experienced in the lower 48 states. Alaska Bush Adventures advertises and sells hunts that take place in the remote bush of Alaska. In these areas comforts like beds, running water and refrigeration do not exist. For some people this is a foreign concept. They are used to comfortable beds and luxurious meals served in great lodges. In remote Alaska the hunting is fair chase against some of the most challenging conditions to be found. Alaska is not for everyone and for some it is far beyond their physical and mental limitations."

Bernie Davis

GB1

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I think this would be better in the Airgun forum.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When I think of Great Alaska Bush Adventure a certain establishment always comes to mind. grin

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Would that be the opposite of pay as you go kind of place?

L
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
L
It must be a cultural thing but nobody over here talks about the menu when you ask them how their hunt went.

IC B2

F
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
F
I've had some very exhilarating experiences in the Alaska Bush Company... One of my favorite after hunt hangouts in Anchorage...
They have some excellent trophies and excellent personal service!
Looking forward to going back! Filbert

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (1badf350, 1lessdog, 22250rem, 1minute, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 68 invisible), 2,457 guests, and 1,249 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,949
Posts18,519,247
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.