Print Thread
Hop To
T
tx270 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
First time to use Nikon's warranty service.

Had an older 3-9x40 Monarchh UCC (Leupold style locking ocular) that the image was bad on. I bought this scope new 8 or 9 years ago and it had spent most of its life sitting in the safe in case I ever "needed" it.

I mounted it on a .223 thats my truck gun. After a short period I noticed the image above about 5 or 6 power was not so good.

I have two other of the older Monarchs, one identical to this one and a 2-7. Took them out on the porch and noticed even more so that this scope was bad at ALL powers.

Sent it off two weeks ago to Nikon with a note that explained the problem, no reciept, no warranty card.

Yesterday, a brand spankin' new 2.5-10x42 Monarch III complete with flip up lense caps, nice cloth and a $10 Nikon "Pro Shop" gift card show up on the doorstep.

Was slightly worried about the outcome of this after hearing not so good things about Nikon's riflescope warranty service in the past.

Well, I have to give them Kudos on this one.

They came through, and IMO as well as could be expected from any company.

Only thing is I don't really need this scope, while it was out I mounted an Elite 3200 2-7 I had sitting around on that 223, which is plenty of scope since it's used for popping hogs most of the time.

So this one may end up on the classifieds, I haven't decided yet though as it does have a helluva good image to it, just a little bulkier than the 3-9 it replaced.

Anyway, have to give Nikon a thumbs up on this one.

Bill

Last edited by tx270; 06/30/10.
GB1

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I've had nothing but great customer service and warranty service from them, glad they're still on the ball!

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Sending a pair of binocs back tomorrow, been beat to hell over the last 7 years, eye cup finally came off, not ending their usefulness, but not the best anymore; not worried at all about them. Glad to hear you had a good experience and will continue to shop with them. Honor their good stuff with a new purchase, sell the Bushy, mount the monarch and hunt with it.

Keep Smiling
T
tx270 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
If I sell the scope it won't be that I'm not "honoring" their stuff.

I still own and use more than one Nikon scope besides this one, its just this one really doesn't fill any need I have.

Just thought they deserved a thumbs up.

Bill

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
True enough, the public declaration is better than just about anything else.
Re-read my statement and it didn't come out as intended, wasn't try to imply any dishonor, sorry for the innuendo.

Keep Smiling
IC B2

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I purchased a used Monarch 6-20 some years ago sans the turret caps. Just now got off the phone with them and the guy says I'll have to check, his records did not go back as for as my scope is old. He took my info and called me back within 5 minutes to let me know he will ship them today at no charge.

This same scope has developed a spot on the inside of the front lens. The guy transfered me to service. Pleasant lady informs me that there is lifetime warranty and I did not need the warranty card or to be the original owner. Just send it in with my contact info and brief description of problem, and they would fix or replace at no charge.

There is a war on America and America is losing
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I have a pair of binos that I want to send after a lens seems to have come loose on one side. How should I contact them??
Thanks!

I
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I
I have a pair of monarch binos i sent in to them about a month ago that were beat to hell. The threads on the twist eye cuplets were stripped, the lens covers came off. also, the peice of plastic on the side you hook you your bino harness on to broke during elk camp so i had to jimmy rig it with super glue and a peice of wire so i could get by. They were pretty banged up and in no time i had a brand new pair with thier new coating on them. HOLY CRAP, When your looking throught them they are incredable clear! Their new monarch are deffinatly a step up from the ones i bought 2 years ago.

I
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I
Originally Posted by Sponxx
I have a pair of binos that I want to send after a lens seems to have come loose on one side. How should I contact them??
Thanks!

http://www.nikonusa.com/Service-And-Support/Nikon-Service-Information.page

Fill out the Nikon online service form and send them off. If you have any questions call them at 1-800-645-6687

M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
Glad to here they took Care of you..I've Got a Set of Older Monarchs That Have a Specks in the Left Lens. Think I'll Box them up and Send them in.

IC B3

T
tx270 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by idahostalker
Originally Posted by Sponxx
Thanks!

http://www.nikonusa.com/Service-And-Support/Nikon-Service-Information.page

Fill out the Nikon online service form and send them off. If you have any questions call them at 1-800-645-6687

Thats the spot Sponxx, sorry I wasn't ignoring your request I just pulled this up again.

Thanks for posting the link idahostalker.

Bill

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Thanks for the info. I'll see what happens and let you guys know.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
i sent in a older Monarch i picked up in a trade last year, when i received it i noticed the ring marks were pretty bad and actualy indented the scope right at the start of the front bell. when i mounted it the scope would not hold zero, sent it in and within a few weeks i had a brand new monarch sent to me. i was very pleased to say the least.

Help keep our sport going. take a kid outdoors!
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Glad they came through for you.

It took me 9 months to get a replacement Nikon Tactical...never again...

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

540 members (12344mag, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 63 invisible), 17,299 guests, and 1,278 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,870
Posts18,537,848
Members74,050
Most Online20,796
2 hours ago

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.