Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

JACKSON, Wyo. � Federal agents have killed two wolf packs after the animals attacked livestock near Kemmerer and Cody.

The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service says 16 wolves, including 10 pups, were killed last week. The packs were suspected of killing three calves near Cody and a lamb northwest of Kemmerer.

Mike Jimenez, the service's wolf coordinator for Wyoming, says wolves have been a chronic problem in those areas in the past.

Defenders of Wildlife criticized the action, saying killing the wolves won't solve the problem and non-lethal methods should be used to discourage depredations.

Jimenez says the killings won't hurt the population of Wyoming wolves that live outside Yellowstone National Park. The population outside the park grew 26 percent last year to more than 200.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
THE ARTICLE - "Defenders of Wildlife criticized the action, saying killing the wolves won't solve the problem and non-lethal methods should be used to discourage depredations."

Typical PETApuffing nitwits.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Two's a start Just add a couple of zeroes behind that.

NRA Lifetime Member
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
THE ARTICLE - "Defenders of Wildlife criticized the action, saying killing the wolves won't solve the problem and non-lethal methods should be used to discourage depredations."

Typical PETApuffing nitwits.

L.W.

actually im pretty sure it does solve the problem grin

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
might not solve the problem entirely, but these 16 won't be eating beef again.

Sam......

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215

Defenders of Wildlife criticized the action, saying killing the wolves won't solve the problem and non-lethal methods should be used to discourage depredations.

Yeah, sure . . .

Just nueter/spay 'em and remove all their teeth while you're at it.

I think I'm going to pick up a wuff tag for my Dall sheep hunt - just in case.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
The dirty little secret of D of W and other wolf loving groups was that they had a plan with a hidden agenda.They first got the wolf officially classified as endangered. They then proceeded to sponsor and encourage re-introduction programs with "maximum" allowable limits. Sounded innocuous enough. They believed all along that when the maximums were exceeded, they could throw-up legal barriers to prevent government or citizen hunting. It appears they have mis-calculated but don't count them out completely. They have damn near unlimited funds.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Great News We need more good wolves.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

What non-lethal methods are they talking about?

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BrotherBart

What non-lethal methods are they talking about?

Feed 'em treehuggers?
That would give the woofs indigestion, if nothing else.
grin

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
What they need to do is apply the Two Dot fence post solution.

In the land of the blind, the one eye is king.
R
R
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
The dirty little secret of D of W and other wolf loving groups was that they had a plan with a hidden agenda.They first got the wolf officially classified as endangered. They then proceeded to sponsor and encourage re-introduction programs with "maximum" allowable limits. Sounded innocuous enough. They believed all along that when the maximums were exceeded, they could throw-up legal barriers to prevent government or citizen hunting. It appears they have mis-calculated but don't count them out completely. They have damn near unlimited funds.

If any on here are contributing to the United Fund through their work place they should check and see if maybe they are putting some money to these type organisations. I cancelled my contribution when I found out.

Last edited by rupley; 06/30/10.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TheShootist
What they need to do is apply the Two Dot fence post solution.

Ok,Ill bite.what is the two dot fence post solution?

[the member formerly known as fluffy}
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

Defenders of Wildlife criticized the action, saying killing the wolves won't solve the problem

I would say it 100% effective in stopping predation by those particular wolves. grin

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman

Defenders of Wildlife criticized the action, saying killing the wolves won't solve the problem

Yep. Reckon they learned the hard way and no second chance allowed. Driving wolf huggers crazy.

Where's Alpincrick? Out trying to pump 'em up?

I would say it 100% effective in stopping predation by those particular wolves. grin

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I won't be happy until the LAST remaning wolf is dead, in the entire US.
You have to a pretty sick SOB to enjoy wolves killing new born calves; Moose, Elk, Deer, and domestic cattle.
I'm not interested in hearing the PETA BS about balancing Nature. What gives them the right to decide that wolves are more important than the animals I mention above?
If I was King, I would march EVERY one of the wolf lovers into a stadium, and FORCE them to watch videos of wolves killing the animals I mention, till every one of them pukes.

Don Buckbee

JPFO
NRA Benefactor Member
NSSA Life Member

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Hmmm.. I wonder if they had to drag BrentD out of the way? It's not mentioned in the story.. laugh

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
The moose population is devastated by the wolves. The wolves eat the moose calves like popcorn. If you love wolves you hate the rest of the wildlife.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by WildWest
The moose population is devastated by the wolves. The wolves eat the moose calves like popcorn. If you love wolves you hate the rest of the wildlife.

Exactly!!!

Don Buckbee

JPFO
NRA Benefactor Member
NSSA Life Member

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by DMB
Originally Posted by WildWest

Exactly!!!

I wonder why you guys don't hate bears so much. They are much much bigger predators on moose calves.

I gotta admit that it is fun to watch you guys whine though. You armchair biologists are a hoot for certain.

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

547 members (222Sako, 1minute, 12344mag, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 68 invisible), 2,426 guests, and 1,261 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,791
Posts18,496,146
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.