-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hey SSE did you see that teenage girl a few years back who won a division at Memphis in May World BBQ Championship cooking on that exact grille? She beat out a BUNCH of the big boys including quite a few pit masters from Texas!!!! When you boil it down it ain't about the tool or the title but how good the grub taste grin

I once visited a place where BBQ was a verb, Canadian whiskey was the norm and no sweet tea on the menu. Hell on earth for a Southern boy!!
GB1

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by duxndogs
Hey SSE did you see that teenage girl a few years back who won a division at Memphis in May World BBQ Championship cooking on that exact grille? She beat out a BUNCH of the big boys including quite a few pit masters from Texas!!!!

I don't mind admitting that I could pull off the same thing...LOL

Regardless, there's a throwdown brewing between Stan V and byc. BS walks and "Q" talks.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by sse
Hey SSE did you see that teenage girl a few years back who won a division at Memphis in May World BBQ Championship cooking on that exact grille? She beat out a BUNCH of the big boys including quite a few pit masters from Texas!!!!

I don't mind admitting that I could pull off the same thing...LOL

Regardless, there's a throwdown brewing between Stan V and byc. BS walks and "Q" talks.

I tried to get them to come to Boise for a cookoff last year. They wouldn't do it. I did get some rub from BYC though. I think it was spiked. I'm addicted to BBQ now.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Idaho is too far....Wyoming would be better... grin

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Stan V
Originally Posted by byc
I was wondering if it's possible for BGE users to become a pit master?

Charcoal, wood, fire, food and proper technique are all involved. Therefore, I would say most definitely.

A BGE is a pit?
How about, oven master? Wood burning stove cooks aren't called pit masters....I'm just thinking out of the box here. BBQ pit masters are a rare breed, except in Texas. I don't want to see the term diluted.

Charcoal, wood, fire, food and proper technique are all involved. Therefore, I would say most definitely. If you'd prefer I school you on the art of grilling, smoking and making high quality edible BBQ by using a stick burner then consider it done.

Heck, I'll dig a hole in the ground, build a fire fit for a pit master king and still spank your azzzzz. Just as the Redskins will do on opening night 9-12, 8:30 against your beloved Cowchits. Come on up and bring Pat. Although, it does concern me that you might enjoy the spanking. laugh

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

IC B2

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Hey SSE did you see that teenage girl a few years back who won a division at Memphis in May World BBQ Championship cooking on that exact grille? She beat out a BUNCH of the big boys including quite a few pit masters from Texas!!!! When you boil it down it ain't about the tool or the title but how good the grub taste grin

Yup---I've seen people win using the back end of a VW. Weber bullets win all the time.

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by byc
Originally Posted by byc
I was wondering if it's possible for BGE users to become a pit master?

Charcoal, wood, fire, food and proper technique are all involved. Therefore, I would say most definitely.

A BGE is a pit?
How about, oven master? Wood burning stove cooks aren't called pit masters....I'm just thinking out of the box here. BBQ pit masters are a rare breed, except in Texas. I don't want to see the term diluted.

Charcoal, wood, fire, food and proper technique are all involved. Therefore, I would say most definitely. If you'd prefer I school you on the art of grilling, smoking and making high quality edible BBQ by using a stick burner then consider it done.

Heck, I'll dig a hole in the ground, build a fire fit for a pit master king and still spank your azzzzz. Just as the Redskins will do on opening night 9-12, 8:30 against your beloved Cowchits. Come on up and bring Pat. Although, it does concern me that you might enjoy the spanking. laugh

WELLLLLLLL Doggies! There's some smack talking being put down! When I start to seriously respond to your Eastern backwoods BBQ/grilling/egging I conjure up the 'smoke rings' beating the Cowboys and I get the giggles....give me a minute or two and I'll get back with you.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

All American

All the time
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Glad I could make you smile!! cool

Now let's cook!

Go Nats!!!!

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 280shooter

I tried to get them to come to Boise for a cookoff last year. They wouldn't do it. I did get some rub from BYC though. I think it was spiked. I'm addicted to BBQ now.

Thanks Denny!! But you should be headed this way for the Hokies-Broncos game at FedEx Field. BTW we do play on real green grass here so you'll have to stick to only 11 players on the field at one time. wink.

Hope you enjoyed the rubs. Big ole sacks going to No Dave, John Moses and I think Ingwe. Finally got my secret "backwoods" inclusion. You want some too Stanley??

BTW how is the old/new cooker working out? That was a heck of a find!!

David

Last edited by byc; 08/11/10.

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
4 shoulders,2 beef roasts,8 lbs of bacon, and 2 chickens yesterday. I've been using the Dizzy Dust on the chickens. They come out great and I don't even like chicken.My wife then makes soup out of the bones and most of the skin. Damn good.
I injected the bacon with maple syrup when I started the cure. It turned out really good.
I hope that green grass thing doesn't catch on. It hurts my eyes.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by byc
Originally Posted by 280shooter

Thanks Denny!! But you should be headed this way for the Hokies-Broncos game at FedEx Field. BTW we do play on real green grass here so you'll have to stick to only 11 players on the field at on time. wink.

Hope you enjoyed the rubs. Big ole sacks going to No Dave, John Moses and I think Ingwe. Finally got my secret "backwoods" inclusion. You want some too Stanley??

BTW how is the old/new cooker working out? That was a heck of a find!!

David

I'm messing with a bunch of new rubs, etc as we speak.....when I get this stuff put together and Texas tested I'll send some out to selected journeymen. grin

All American

All the time
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Texas tested ain't gonna' do ya' no good. grin

They'll just throw it on a cow and heap on the mesquite,

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Don't knock what you haven't tried!

Can you get a cow on an egg?

I reckon come the first of Sept we'll be smoking hogs.....hehehe

All American

All the time
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

I reckon come the first of Sept we'll be smoking hogs.....hehehe

I knew it!! sick grin

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
9 more days! grin

BOWHUNR Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I just realized that you are getting your BGE on my wedding anniversary. While you are grilling and smoking with your new toy, I'll be doing.........well $hit, after eighteen years I'll be doing the same. grin

Mike

Know fat, know flavor. No fat, no flavor.

I tried going vegan, but then realized it was a big missed steak.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
been 19 years here this past June

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

618 members (16penny, 007FJ, 12344mag, 163bc, 06hunter59, 69 invisible), 2,594 guests, and 1,327 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,716
Posts18,475,660
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.