Well yesterday was the day for my maiden voyage on the BGE. I started Friday night by removing the membranes from three racks of baby backs. The ribs were then coated with yellow mustard and the dry rub (rib rub #4030) and placed in the fridge over night.

[Linked Image]

Let the games begin.

[Linked Image]

After two and a half hours I gave them a spray with some apple juice and foiled them.

[Linked Image]

Let them go another two hours, removed the foil and added some sweet corn to the party.

[Linked Image]

After about another forty-five minutes or so, this is what I ended up with.

[Linked Image]

They tasted as good as they looked, In fact I'm still stuffed this morning. The only problem I had occurred during the second round when I had the ribs foiled. For some reason the temp of the cooker shot up to about 310 degrees. I removed the ribs, got the BGE cooled back down to 225 and placed them back on.

I started out using the BBQ Guru but after the temp ran away on me I removed the fan and found I could maintain the 225 degrees just as easy using the lower draft door and daisy wheel (I know Daryl, you told me so). grin

Thanks to duxndogs, byc and RatherBHuntin for all the links, pm's and general advice you have provided me with. It's official guys, I'm hooked!!

Mike

Know fat, know flavor. No fat, no flavor.

I tried going vegan, but then realized it was a big missed steak.