Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
L
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Been waking up with back pain the last 6 months-was thinking of buying one of these but would like some reviews on them. Any of you guys use them? how do you like them?

Dave

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S

I went with the sleep number bed because I was having back problems. Even the wife sleeps better.

Can't weight in on the tempur-pedics

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
We have had one for 10 years now, and we both love it. The only possible downside is the material stores heat, so we sleep under a sheet in the summer instead of a blanket.

jim

LCDR Jim Dodd, USN (Ret.)
"If you're too busy to hunt, you're too busy."
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Go talk to a custom mattress maker. He may be able to make you one that does the same thing and is alot cheaper.
The answer for my back is SOFT. Presently I sleep well on an inner-spring that's pretty soft, with 4" of memory foam on top. My next mattress will be all foam, and SOFT.
I can't sleep but a couple hours at a time on a motel mattress because I wake up hurting and have to turn and move all night. I hate firm mattresses.

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

IC B2

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
I can't sleep but a couple hours at a time on a motel mattress
=============

Me neither but for different reasons!!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by HunterJim
We have had one for 10 years now, and we both love it. The only possible downside is the material stores heat, so we sleep under a sheet in the summer instead of a blanket.

jim

I have one and that is the exact reason I do not like it. It's in the Master in SC and I bet I've slept on it 10 times in 3 years. In fact, I prefer my grandmothers bed, which is about 40 years old and in the spare bedroom.

I just bought a Sleep To Live for VA home and love it.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
You're kind of screwed with those beds if you don't have just one partner though,aren't you?

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
We have the high dollar Tempur-pedic and a clone from Costco that was on sale. $500 for a Queen. They are both great. I would never have another inner spring mattress.

�Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program." -- Milton Friedman
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by isaac
I can't sleep but a couple hours at a time on a motel mattress
=============

Me neither but for different reasons!!

I can only imagine how busy you must be---running back to the streetcorner all night---drumming up business.

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
You're kind of screwed with those beds if you don't have just one partner though,aren't you?

Speaking of being screwed...Do you count a new john every couple hours as one partner for the night? Or do you add them all up?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A - Hem. I checked out Tempur Pedic after my buddy bought one. The salesman said they're made for people who sleep facing up or down. They're not for people who sleep on their sides like me. It has to do with how deep you sink into the thing. He also said they're not good for people who move around a lot, because you sink into the thing, and basically, you can't. They are all considered firm mattresses and since I sleep on my side I need a plush. I have a king sized bed with a $3000 Thomasville mattress that's so firm I can't sleep on it. Since my rotor cuff problems five or six years ago, I have been sleeping on the couch.

"I didn't get the sophisticated gene in this family. I started the sophisticated gene in this family." Willie Robertson
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I've had the air matresss for 9 years. I sleep on my side and, until recently, it was fine. The bed does sag as the foam has settled some. Ours had a pastic box frame that is also VERY loud when rolling over. We just bought a latex foam mattress

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Yo calling me a HO?

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Have had one since 2005 and we love it. I probably won't ever own another type of bed. I have a herniated disc (SI-L5) and I sleep comfortably every night.

As others have mentioned, it can get a little warm, but if you put a standard mattress pad on before your fitted sheet in the summer, you'll never notice the difference.

A word of warning: THEY DO NOT BOUNCE. Viscoelastic Foam is very much like a non-Newtonian fluid. The harder you hit it, the more resistant it is.

Which means that if you come running in from the other room in your underwear intending to throw yourself in the air and land sidelong with a dashing flourish to throw a saucy come-hither look at the wife, you will end up a crippled broken mass with no seductive power remaining.
blush

...new laws were most numerous when the commonwealth was most corrupt. ~ Publius Cornelius Tacitus
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by lubbockdave
Been waking up with back pain the last 6 months-was thinking of buying one of these but would like some reviews on them. Any of you guys use them? how do you like them?

Dave

Been sleeping on one for going on four years and it's the best mattress I've ever had. Expensive yes, but if you have any sort of back or joint pain, it's the best I've experienced. I have not tried the Sleep Comfort long term, only in hotels, and those are nice too, but I don't care for air pumps to provide the support. I'm a firm believer in KISS.

If the American People allow private banks to control the issuance of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks..., will deprive the People of all their Property,...Thomas Jefferson
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
I laid down on one at a showroom. It was very comfortable but I could feel the heat building up. I like to stay cool at night when I sleep and usually don't sleep under the covers until outdoor temps are in the 30s

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most. - Mark Twain.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
We have a terry cloth mattress cover that alleviates that problem. Between that and high thread count cotton sheets, it isn't a problem for us.

If the American People allow private banks to control the issuance of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks..., will deprive the People of all their Property,...Thomas Jefferson
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by KYFRED
I've had the air matresss for 9 years. I sleep on my side and, until recently, it was fine. The bed does sag as the foam has settled some. Ours had a pastic box frame that is also VERY loud when rolling over. We just bought a latex foam mattress

We had a mattress shop make a foam mattress to fit in our trailer and we picked too firm a foam for it, so we put a 2" memoryfoam pad over it and it's ok. He said we would probably really like one made of latex, and it's cheaper than paying for the name Tempurpedic. I just don't know what density to get, so will probably screw that one up, to.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
There are folks selling knock-offs now, so you don't have to pay for the name. Check your Costco...jim

LCDR Jim Dodd, USN (Ret.)
"If you're too busy to hunt, you're too busy."
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

210 members (12344mag, 1lessdog, 160user, 2UP, 264mag, 338rcm, 24 invisible), 1,640 guests, and 1,058 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,628
Posts18,492,972
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.