Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Don't know if someone already posted this but I did a few searches and couldn't find anything. Looks quite disturbing though...

Senate bill S 510, the Food Safety Modernization Act of 2010, may be the most dangerous bill in the history of the US. It is to our food what the bailout was to our economy, only we can live without money.

�If accepted [S 510] would preclude the public�s right to grow, own, trade, transport, share, feed and eat each and every food that nature makes. It will become the most offensive authority against the cultivation, trade and consumption of food and agricultural products of one�s choice. It will be unconstitutional and contrary to natural law or, if you like, the will of God.� ~Dr. Shiv Chopra, Canada Health whistleblower.

Monsanto says it has no interest in the bill and would not benefit from it, but Monsanto�s Michael Taylor who gave us rBGH and unregulated genetically modified (GM) organisms, appears to have designed it and is waiting as an appointed Food Czar to the FDA (a position unapproved by Congress) to administer the agency it would create � without judicial review � if it passes. S 510 would give Monsanto unlimited power over all US seed, food supplements, food and farming.

Here is a summary of the great things to look forward to if passed:

1. It puts all US food and all US farms under Homeland Security and the Department of Defense, in the event of contamination or an ill-defined emergency.

2. It would end US sovereignty over its own food supply by insisting on compliance with the WTO, thus threatening national security.

3. It would allow the government, under Maritime Law, to define the introduction of any food into commerce (even direct sales between individuals) as smuggling into �the United States.�

4. It imposes Codex Alimentarius on the US, a global system of control over food.

5. It would remove the right to clean, store and thus own seed in the US, putting control of seeds in the hands of Monsanto and other multinationals, threatening US security.

6. It includes NAIS, an animal traceability program that threatens all small farmers and ranchers raising animals.

7. It extends a failed and destructive HACCP to all food, thus threatening to do to all local food production and farming what HACCP did to meat production � put it in corporate hands and worsen food safety.

8. It deconstructs what is left of the American economy.

9. It would allow the government to mandate antibiotics, hormones, slaughterhouse waste, pesticides and GMOs.

10. It removes fundamental constitutional protections from all citizens in the country, making them subject to a corporate tribunal with unlimited power and penalties, and without judicial review.

http://www.theworldsprophecy.com/se...grow-share-trade-or-sell-homegrown-food/

Last edited by OutlawPatriot; 07/11/10.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Title on the FDA web site:

Keeping America's Families Safe: Reforming the Food Safety System

sick

MOLON LABE
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=s111-510

The sponsor is Dick Durbin of...Illinois. Who'd have thunk it? People bittch about California but look at all the stuff out of Illinois of late. I think that state would elect Fidel if he ran.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
There is already a dangerous precedent being set in the courts whereby Monsanto, Cargill, and others have essentially secured the right to sue you for seed costs and licensing of "patented genetic sequencing" if their frankenDNA shows up in your crops.

Nice huh?

...new laws were most numerous when the commonwealth was most corrupt. ~ Publius Cornelius Tacitus
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Great Q&A here as well.
http://www.govtrack.us/users/questions.xpd?topic=bill:s111-510

and here's the list of co-sponsors:

Lamar Alexander [R-TN]
Jeff Bingaman [D-NM]
Richard Burr [R-NC]
Roland Burris [D-IL]
Saxby Chambliss [R-GA]
Christopher Dodd [D-CT]

Michael Enzi [R-WY]
Kirsten Gillibrand [D-NY]
Judd Gregg [R-NH]
Thomas Harkin [D-IA]
Orrin Hatch [R-UT]
John Isakson [R-GA]

Edward Kennedy [D-MA]
Amy Klobuchar [D-MN]
Ben Nelson [D-NE]
Tom Udall [D-NM]
David Vitter [R-LA]

Last edited by Aileinduinn; 07/11/10. Reason: sponsors

...new laws were most numerous when the commonwealth was most corrupt. ~ Publius Cornelius Tacitus
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Aileinduinn
There is already a dangerous precedent being set in the courts whereby Monsanto, Cargill, and others have essentially secured the right to sue you for seed costs and licensing of "patented genetic sequencing" if their frankenDNA shows up in your crops.

Nice huh?

And their frankencrops produce pollen.

Which blows on the wind.

And knows no property lines.

I think it's pretty obvious some in the senate are flat out traitors. And I think too, if people see a monsanto "biologist" out in their field they'll SSS the SOB.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Great Q&A here as well.

Lamar Alexander [R-TN]
Jeff Bingaman [D-NM]
Richard Burr [R-NC]
Roland Burris [D-IL]
Saxby Chambliss [R-GA]
Christopher Dodd [D-CT]

Michael Enzi [R-WY]
Judd Gregg [R-NH]
Thomas Harkin [D-IA]
Orrin Hatch [R-UT]
John Isakson [R-GA]

Edward Kennedy [D-MA]
Amy Klobuchar [D-MN]
Ben Nelson [D-NE]
Tom Udall [D-NM]
David Vitter [R-LA]

Those people with the R behind their name aren't real conservatives. Any of them running this fall should have their sorry asses dumped.

NRA Lifetime Member
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
If they can keep you from growing your own food, there's nothing they can't control.

MOLON LABE
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Are they really gonna go on "food raids"? Come on fellas at some point its gotta be too ridiculous even for them....

The view one sees is his own
Practitioner of the ancient art of skank fu
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sounds like collectivizing to me. Hardly a surprise from the [bleep] face that intro'd he bill. Commie slime he is. SOME of the others believe the bill of goods they were just handed.

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Another crock of happy horseschitt from the dumbphuck hard left wing. mad frown sick

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by podunkkennels
Are they really gonna go on "food raids"? Come on fellas at some point its gotta be too ridiculous even for them....

Not likely. but you can sure guaranedamntee that their first targets will be seed saver exchanges.

Because less genetic diversity is good for the safety of your national food supply...just ask the Irish.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
At the end of the day, this is just yet another bill to increase government's control over your life. And when they try and shove cap and trade through, they could have control over food and air- FOOD AND AIR for Christ's sakes. Can you imagine if the framers could see this crap?

MOLON LABE
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Nice huh?

And their frankencrops produce pollen.

Which blows on the wind.

And knows no property lines.

I think it's pretty obvious some in the senate are flat out traitors. And I think too, if people see a monsanto "biologist" out in their field they'll SSS the SOB.

Exactly.. I see some gov't boob near any garden of mine and there won't be a lot of words spoken..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Since when can dead guys help sponsor a bill? Ted Kennedy is a dead guy right? What a joke! This here is just a big April fools joke to get y'all stirred up and on the "domestic" terrorist list fer oppossing da gubermint. Wait a minute. Let me put my tin foil hat on. The thought police are watching us. Y'all slay me sometimes and are just too much.

Flower Child

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
So you think just because one guy on the list is dead, there can be no bill ever presented, passed and signed by the Liar In Chief?

Please.. Naivety doesn't become you..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Great Q&A here as well.

Lamar Alexander [R-TN]
Jeff Bingaman [D-NM]
Richard Burr [R-NC]
Roland Burris [D-IL]
Saxby Chambliss [R-GA]
Christopher Dodd [D-CT]

Michael Enzi [R-WY]
Judd Gregg [R-NH]
Thomas Harkin [D-IA]
Orrin Hatch [R-UT]
John Isakson [R-GA]

Edward Kennedy [D-MA]
Amy Klobuchar [D-MN]
Ben Nelson [D-NE]
Tom Udall [D-NM]
David Vitter [R-LA]

8 Repub-low-craps?
Just goes to show you how far out of wack the Repub-low-crap party really is.Im sure there just trying to get a higher stock price for there corporate masters.Kinda just like there support for "free trade"

dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by dave7mm
Great Q&A here as well.

Lamar Alexander [R-TN]
Jeff Bingaman [D-NM]
Richard Burr [R-NC]
Roland Burris [D-IL]
Saxby Chambliss [R-GA]
Christopher Dodd [D-CT]

Michael Enzi [R-WY]
Judd Gregg [R-NH]
Thomas Harkin [D-IA]
Orrin Hatch [R-UT]
John Isakson [R-GA]

Edward Kennedy [D-MA]
Amy Klobuchar [D-MN]
Ben Nelson [D-NE]
Tom Udall [D-NM]
David Vitter [R-LA]

8 Repub-low-craps?
Just goes to show you how far out of wack the Repub-low-crap party really is.Im sure there just trying to get a higher stock price for there corporate masters.Kinda just like there support for "free trade"

dave

Some thing is wrong here no one from Mexifornia there must be a mis print or something

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
If they can keep you from growing your own food, there's nothing they can't control.

High velocity spin stabilized projectiles?

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot

High velocity spin stabilized projectiles?

They'll wait until after the 2012 election to tackle the gun control issue.

MOLON LABE
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

596 members (12344mag, 02bfishn, 1234, 1lessdog, 163bc, 01Foreman400, 65 invisible), 2,467 guests, and 1,318 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,573
Posts18,491,918
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.