Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Damn Mark, you forgot to gut it !!!!

Tony

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I have known people who died from just that sort of deer accident. Glad you are OK.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
In highschool friend had a doe jump in the back seat of his Subaru through the open window. He had to stop and open the door so it could get out and run away. Probably the funniest thing I have ever heard of, and the cell phone pics were great.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Dang! Glad to hear that you are okay. Knew of three people who were decapitated when a deer bounced off the side of a truck and went through the windshield of a passing car on I79.

Looks like you are one of about 5000 Fairfax County residents who got a deer this way in the past year. Almost got one myself a couple of months back on Lawyers Rd.

What road were you on, I don't recognize it from the pictures?

Chuck

IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I was leaving a meeting at NRA Hq. several weeks ago & a doe was walking on the front lawn. I believe she would have got in my truck with a an offering of some food. You are right there are deer everywhere. I used to have a 140" buck leap into my back yard every day or so. Years ago a buck jumped into the side of my van on the way back from the rifle range causing extensive damage. Glad you weren't hurt.

Life Members SCI & NRA. NRA Instructor & RSO. What have YOU done to support hunting & gun rights?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Glad you are okay, she sure did a number on your truck.

One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.
Archibald Rutledge

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Thanks for the kind words. Chuck, I was on route 50, 1/2 mile west of Waples Mill Rd. heading east, right after the ramp where 66 enters 50.

Montani Semper Liberi

"Mountaineers Are Always Free"

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Lots of people running into the same problem you did. Glad you are OK and hope your deductible was low. Our locality makes a bow hunter jump through so many hoops to get a permit within the city limits, that for many it's just too much effort and money to hunt. And then most will only be able to shoot does. They may have changed it around here but when it started there was a drawing for a buck or two in the entire city. If they let you shoot a buck after the harvest of a doe or two, and cut back on the fees, many more deer would wind up on in the freezer instead of in somebody's car.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
First deer I have heard of that got killed by an avalanche -- and not even in the mountains!

John

IC B3

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
He left out the embellishment where he had to choke the fierce creature out as he calmly pulled to the side of the road... even used his blinker.. smile

The view one sees is his own
Practitioner of the ancient art of skank fu
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Glad you weren't hurt.

I almost hit a deer the last day of the season last year, just outside the place I hunt.

Amazing how much damage they can do to a car / truck

Spot

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
JMHO...
But.. I think an Avalanche @ 73.3 fps is a classic case of overkill.

Old Fishermen never die, we just get reel tired.

May you build a ladder to the stars
and climb on every rung.
May you stay......Forever young
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I think an Avalanche @ 73.3 fps is a classic case of overkill.

.....creating an interesting case of excessive inverse penetration.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Avalanches are way overpenetrated by deer

...new laws were most numerous when the commonwealth was most corrupt. ~ Publius Cornelius Tacitus
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thank heaven that's only a 60 pound doe. A bigger one might have taken you out. I've avoided a couple to see my fellow motorists hit them and it's quite horrible. I went around a big 10 point buck, and the driver to the right of me hit him. I stayed until the police got there. It made a mess. The damn things can kill you. It's good you didn't get hurt.

"I didn't get the sophisticated gene in this family. I started the sophisticated gene in this family." Willie Robertson
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Ricky, the officer that responded takes part in a controlled hunt to thin them out. I think Fairfax County extended the doe season until march 31 like Fauquier and Loudon counties did. I and most of my hunting buddies have little interest in killing does only after the main sesson ends unfortunately.

As far as my Avalanche is concerned it is new, 12,000 miles. There was $8000 in damage and my deductible is $1000! Stupid doe.

Montani Semper Liberi

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I didn't choke it I beat it to death with my bare fist of right hand while calmly steering with my left. laugh

LMAO reading some of these.

Montani Semper Liberi

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
More wolves. Need more wolves. VA could probably pick up a bunch on the cheap from Wyoming. smile

Good piece of driving though.

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

401 members (219 Wasp, 257_X_50, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 22kHornet, 06hunter59, 1Longbow, 48 invisible), 2,415 guests, and 1,254 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,625
Posts18,492,847
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.