Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
T
tbear99 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
T
ok just went friday to get a loan for a newer truck.In past i never knew my score but had to have co signers.short story drove otr and people helping me pay my bills weren't paying on time.But the bank told me my score of 742 and said this is good.

My question what is considered good and what is scale????
and where can one check their score without the scams

DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR

I LOVE MY COUNTRY IT'S THE GOV'T I FEAR
GB1

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Contact the bureaus directly and you can obtain one copy of your records/year free..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Credit Score Description
760 - 849 Excellent score. The lender will offer you their best interest rate.
700 - 759 Great score. There won't be any trouble in getting a loan at good interest rate.
660 - 699 Good score. There won't be any problem in getting a loan at good interest rate.
620 - 659 Fair score. You may qualify for the loan but not at good interest rates.
580 - 619 Poor score. You may qualify but the interest rates will be very high.
500 - 579 Very poor score. It's doubtful that you may qualify for the loan, and if you qualify, the interest rates will be extremely high.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost....
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
From what I've read, this is the site that gives you the free reports (disregard the singing pirate commercial):

https://www.annualcreditreport.com/cra/index.jsp

T
tbear99 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
T
thanx for info i guess i'm doing ok then.I see the credit report commerecials but never trusted it

thanx allen for the break down

DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR

IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Yes, you are one of the few who are responsible with your money, pay your bills on time and do not borrow often.

And, happy birthday!!! grin

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
T
tbear99 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
T
thanx scott i have a coworker and a friend that i get financial advice from that helped me mature in that department thankfully.I will admit i miss the truck

DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have been in the finance business for 25 years and the credit score system is far from accurate. One thing to rememeber is that is a snap shot in time and several factors can effect the score; credit card balance is a big one, if you exceed 50% of the avaiable balance it hits the score hard. Just because people pay on time does not mean a strong acore, avaiable balance factors into it.

The guy with limited credit will most likley have a lower score than the guy with debt but be a much better risk due to low debt to income ratio. Most lenders are looking beyond scores these days and that is a good thing, but 99% of the underwriting engines are score driven and the borrwer needs to first get by the system before a human gets to look at it.

742 is a great score tbear, most small banks and CU's want co-signers these days for added security, that does not mean the buyer is not good, but rather the thinking is why not attach another person to collect on in the event the loan goes bad.

It�s a magazine not a clip......

Advice is seldom welcome, and those who need it the most, like it the least.�
- Lord Chesterfield. 1750
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Wow, my score was 810, to be honest I was afraid to look.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Your right passport! It's funny how that works. My score dropped from 830 to 820 when I paid cash for my last new truck. My wifes went up when she borrowed money for her new car.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost....
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The only score I've ever known of mine was 806.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Mine's shot. Barely enough to qualify for a mortgage.

That'll happen when you've been up against $5k plus in medical bills a year for 6 years. That said, what's out there now is old and once it is gone (another year or two) I'll be tip top again. It sucks that companies can put negatives into your credit history and you have the burden of proving you didn't accrue those debts. I have two sizeable ones on my history that I cannot get removed. One is a medical bill from a facility I have never even seen (about 60 miles from where I used to live) and the other is from a utility company with whom I have never had an account.

I don't do the consumer credit thing anyway, I think it's foolish to buy what you can't pay for, and did myself enough damage that way in my capricious youth. Nowdays it is cash or do without.

But it would be nice to have my score fixed up a little for when we re-fi the house in five years.

...new laws were most numerous when the commonwealth was most corrupt. ~ Publius Cornelius Tacitus
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by barnold1
From what I've read, this is the site that gives you the free reports (disregard the singing pirate commercial):

https://www.annualcreditreport.com/cra/index.jsp

Is that a trusted site?

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Aileinduinn
I have two sizeable ones on my history that I cannot get removed. One is a medical bill from a facility I have never even seen (about 60 miles from where I used to live) and the other is from a utility company with whom I have never had an account.

It costs you nothing to put those accounts into dispute. It's up to them to prove you had an account and did not pay. They won't likely fess up right away but if you press they'll have to fix it.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Redneck
Contact the bureaus directly and you can obtain one copy of your records/year free..

Did that and never recieved my free report?

NRA Lifetime Member
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Your score can also fluctuate up to 50 points even if nothing bad has affected it. The formula's are complex and some issues aren't even within your control such as several entities doing inquiries in a short period of time.

[Linked Image]

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Pugs
Originally Posted by Aileinduinn
I have two sizeable ones on my history that I cannot get removed. One is a medical bill from a facility I have never even seen (about 60 miles from where I used to live) and the other is from a utility company with whom I have never had an account.

It costs you nothing to put those accounts into dispute. It's up to them to prove you had an account and did not pay. They won't likely fess up right away but if you press they'll have to fix it.

Big Yup!! The Creditor has to respond within 30 days to your dispute or the negative report is expunged. Dispute the negative reporting even if you know they are right. You can also attach personal comments against any negative reporting to explain the reason for the negative post.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
That's correct, mostly.

Done that...Disputed with notes. They both show up as disputed in my report, however, they do not go away and their impact is not completely mitigated.

...new laws were most numerous when the commonwealth was most corrupt. ~ Publius Cornelius Tacitus
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Aileinduinn....here you go. Thank me later. Trust me on this!!

http://whychat.5u.com/hipaaleg.html#legal

http://whychat.5u.com/hipltr.html

Word of caution...review everything carefully and follow advice to the T.

Last edited by isaac; 07/11/10.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Fair Isaac. smile

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

424 members (160user, 17CalFan, 22250rem, 10Glocks, 280shooter, 2500HD, 37 invisible), 1,744 guests, and 1,059 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,874
Posts18,478,818
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.