Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Hey Guys,

Anyone here ever use the Schnee Extreme Pac boots? My wife drew a special November (Cadomin) sheep tag and I am thinking that these might be the ticket. The hunt will involve a LOT of sitting and waiting, with a few hikes mixed in the morning and mid-day. Nothing really 'technical' but just some climbing in the hills iwth a mix of snow, etc.

She also hunts deer in the prairies and foothills in November and we're looking for something that is very warm but also provides some support and hiking ability. I've heard good things about these boots.

Any other options work better in your opinion?

GB1

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
They've worked well for me, although I can't say I've had them out in really cold weather to date. Probably the lowest was 0F or so. They are pretty good for hiking, especially for pack boots. I bought them after hunting in -20F weather for a few years and since I have owned them, I haven't seen that severe cold again. I would think they would do well for your wife, especially if you are sitting quite a bit.
Test

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I have the Sportman? Pac boot. It has been great for the weather that is too cold for a leather boot and yet provides some stability. Plus, Schnees is a fantastic company that stands behind their product.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Have her take a look at the Kenetrek Mtn extremes for women. Thinking they offer a 400 gram and it should do well for her.

Dober

"True respect starts with the way you treat others, and it is earned over a lifetime of demonstrating kindness, honor and dignity"....Tony Dungy
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I looked at the Extremes and wasnt sure if they would be warm enough for her.

The hunt involves about an hour or so hike each morning and then could be upwards of 6 hours sitting still on the mountain. I will take a look at them though as they look like sweet boots!

IC B2

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Originally Posted by Rackmastr
I looked at the Extremes and wasnt sure if they would be warm enough for her.

The hunt involves about an hour or so hike each morning and then could be upwards of 6 hours sitting still on the mountain. I will take a look at them though as they look like sweet boots!

Sitting is exactly where the Schnees Extremes become worth their weight in gold! I have a pair of Schnee hunters that I use much more during the general season, but when it comes to late winter ice fishing or sitting in goose pits, my Schnee Extremes are key. They may be a little warm on the hike in, but she'll be happy while she's glassing!

"A vote is like a rifle, its usefulness depends upon the character of the user" ~ Theodore Roosevelt
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
That was my thought exactly man. She gets SUPER cold feet when we sit and this hunt will be vital to staying on the mountain to be successful.

Thanks and would love to hear more comments guys! The selection of women's boots other than Schnee's and Kenetrek (and crappy Cabelas ones) is really limited.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Placing chemical heaters in her boots will fix the cold feet.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. Albert Einstein
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Ya I will definatly be bringing them!!

Any of your guys using the Extremes use the extra 400gr liner or just run with the 600gr boots? Seems the 600 would be about perfect for the application...

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Also don't forget that a clean change of socks while glassing is important as sweaty feet soon become cold feet. Don't overlook the practicality of having a pair of down booties to put your feet in. Set the working boots aside and get your feet with clean socks into a super light pair of down booties.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

306 members (300s, 2ndwind, 260Remguy, 12344mag, 338rcm, 300_savage, 47 invisible), 2,438 guests, and 1,257 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,620
Posts18,474,010
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.