Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Real republicans in CO are the cats that sit around a table smoking cigars and playing spin the bottle to see who is going to run.

It is a pathetic situation that plays out election after election.

One thing about Tancredo is you can take him for his word. You don't have to like everything he says and you never wonder what his agenda really is.

Besides, he is one of the few that isn't in Anschutz's pocket.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by ColeYounger
I hear this crap all the time from HOT Republicans, usually RINO's. Going the RINO path once again, ain't gonna change anything. Tancredo's probably got a better chance than the Republican candidate, so I ask you, will you take one for the team and vote AGAINST the Republican party? I am a Republican and once again, voted for the RINO McCain in the Presidential election for that very reason. If the Republican doesn't have the better chance, he's the one that should get thrown under the bus for the sake of conservativism.

Exactly. The person who is true to his values is demonized & the scum RINOs who have helped to ruin us are given a pass.

Time for the RINO supporters to take off their blinders and stop shifting the blame to others. They have proven to be less horrible than actual libs, but not by much.

"The Bigger the Government, the Smaller the Citizen" - Dennis Prager LINK

Tod Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If he does pull out a win, will that encourage more conservative to run under another party? Is this a potential harbinger?

Be the person your dog thinks you are.
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
It will either help reshape the Republican Party, or start the terribly painful, (MUCH) longer term process of building another party. The latter will be much, much more painful, though likely better in the long term, if the GOP decides to stick to it's RINO ways & continue ignoring the ever increasing number of people who are just flat disgusted with them.

"The Bigger the Government, the Smaller the Citizen" - Dennis Prager LINK

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Cheyenne

Then why doesn't he run as a REAL Republican and have a heads up race against the Democrat in the general election?
Because a lot of the Republicans did just as crappy a job the last time they had control as the Democrats are currently doing.

Originally Posted by ColeYounger
I hear this crap all the time from HOT Republicans, usually RINO's. Going the RINO path once again, ain't gonna change anything. Tancredo's probably got a better chance than the Republican candidate, so I ask you, will you take one for the team and vote AGAINST the Republican party? I am a Republican and once again, voted for the RINO McCain in the Presidential election for that very reason. If the Republican doesn't have the better chance, he's the one that should get thrown under the bus for the sake of conservativism.

+1000. i get so sick of hearing people use split votes as an excuse for this and that. if we don't quit this party posturing and start voting for some true conservatives regardless of political gender, we're just playing right into their little ballgame. personally, i'm all for taking this country back, and if i have to vote for the freaking Green Party to make that happen then so be it.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
All I'm suggesting is that he run as a true conservative under the R banner. There's nothing stopping him. In Colorado the Democrat is going to get 40% of the vote easily, and can fight for another 12 or so percent. That leaves Tancredo and the R to split 50-60% of the vote. That just sounds like a good formula to lose and not take the country back.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Tracks Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Unless the Republican sees the writing on the wall and drops out.
I think that is what Tancredo is hoping for.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
All I'm suggesting is that he run as a true conservative under the R banner. There's nothing stopping him. In Colorado the Democrat is going to get 40% of the vote easily, and can fight for another 12 or so percent. That leaves Tancredo and the R to split 50-60% of the vote. That just sounds like a good formula to lose and not take the country back.

Cheyenne, I understand what you are saying, but the GOP here does not want him on the ticket, they have picked their choices, and basically told Tancredo to pound sand. Maes and McInnis are un-electable as they stand, no joke, Tancredo is one that can pull this off.

On Dan Maes:

Dan Maes, Successful Businessman (Except for the "Successful" Part)
by: Colorado Pols
Wed Jul 21, 2010 at 12:10:20 PM MDT

Republican Dan Maes, the unknown candidate who may very well be the GOP nominee for governor, has a campaign message centered around his "business experience." We always assumed that meant he had experience running strong businesses that employ lots of people. What he apparently meant all along was that, like many small business owners, he isn't all that good at it.

His tax returns, released on some website called The Constitutionalist Today, show that Maes isn't exactly sleeping on a bed made of gold:

For the years 2000-2004 the Maes' averaged $89,000 per year in income. Maes donated an average of 4.75% of his income per year to the First Baptist Church of Evergreen, Evergreen Christian Outreach, and Goodwill.

In 2005, Maes left his job with Advantage Credit Reporting and started his own small business. Like most small business owners, the first year of income was low, and tax returns reflect that. Listed as a credit services business, the Maes filed personal income at $19,202 for 2005, $20,340 for 2006, and $51,678 for 2007; business gross income at $39,130 for 2005, $182,230 for 2006, and $309,815 for 2007. In 2008 the mortgage industry imploded, and with 97% of Amaesing Credit Solutions clients being mortgage brokers, the business took a big hit. There is a steep decline in 2008 to $11,000, which is to be expected.

Dan Maes earned $11,000 in 2008, which is about $34,000 less than he has paid himself out of his campaign cash just for gas money. It looks like Maes may make more money as an unsuccessful candidate for governor than as an unsuccessful small business owner.

On Scott McInnis:

Ethics Watch Asks Office of Attorney Regulation Counsel to Investigate McInnis Allegations

Colorado Ethics Watch has asked the Office of Attorney Regulation Counsel to investigate reports that former Congressman Scott McInnis, a licensed Colorado attorney, earned $300,000 from a private foundation for original writings on water issues but delivered to the foundation reports that were partially written by a non-lawyer assistant and allegedly contained plagiarized material.

Rule 8.4 of the Colorado Rules of Professional Conduct prohibits attorneys from engaging in conduct involving dishonesty, deceit or misrepresentation. Rule 5.3 requires attorneys to supervise non-lawyer assistants to insure that the assistants do not engage in conduct on the lawyer�s behalf that would violate the Rules of Professional Conduct. The application of these rules has been called into question by reports that Congressman McInnis submitted as his own work articles that were partially written by a water engineer, without knowledge or approval from the Hasan Family Foundation, which contained sections that appear to have been copied from a 1984 article written by Justice Hobbs.

Luis Toro, Director of Colorado Ethics Watch, issued the following statement: �News reports alleging that Congressman McInnis� fellowship work was largely outsourced to a water engineer and contained plagiarized material raise serious ethics questions under the Rules of Professional Conduct that apply to all Colorado lawyers. Today�s filing will insure that the matter is not overlooked by the Office of Regulatory Counsel simply because no one formally brought it to the office�s attention.�

Neither one of them get it, and this is why the Republican party is gasping, they keep trying to get fuggin RINO's elected.....

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Chickenlooper has all kinds of junk he is hiding. With either of the R candidates they cant touch him because of their own baggage.

All chickenlooper has to do is be quiet and let the repubs implode.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Hence why we need to push our GOP friends to vote for Tancredo!

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Kamerad_Les

Cheyenne, I understand what you are saying, but the GOP here does not want him on the ticket, they have picked their choices, and basically told Tancredo to pound sand. Maes and McInnis are un-electable as they stand, no joke, Tancredo is one that can pull this off.

Colorado doesn't permit Tancredo to simply file for office as a Republican? We've got a boatload of Republicans running for governor here. If the party bosses are that tight on Maes and McInnis, that may serve as a check on having them later going "Crist" if Tancredo can beat them in the primary. BTW, McInnis does look unelectable. I don't know much about Maes.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Nope, we have a primary Election coming up for the Republican and Dhimmi tickets. Republicans do not want to let Tancredo on the ticket. Matter of fact, My wife got her primary ballot, I didn't as I am not a registered Republican. wink

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yeah, I just saw the rules and it's rigged against people who don't get annointed.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Just a little, I couldn't handle 4 years with Hickenlooper, he is as anti-gun as you can get, and loves to spend tax payers money, plus he is a big proponent of Sanctuary City and Home Rule Cities. He would let Denver decide not to honor CPL's from around the state.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
One of chickenloopers undocumented workers killed a Denver cop a while back.

We had a crime spree in Lodo of black gangs attacking whites and killing one... Chickenlooper refused to make the problem publik till someone died.

He also won't disclose the "charities" he supports cause they do not want it public...

He is full of holes and our lame republican candidates have so much baggage they cant even ask the questions.

Colorado politics and the Republican party in its usual mode.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Y'all voted for Obama, and Bennett is one of your Senators, so Hick ought to be right up your alley.

[Ducking for cover. :)]

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Throwin rocks....

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Rocks hell, I'm throwin poop, just like Monkey's. wink

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

80 members (arky65, Aviator, afisher, 35, AnthonyB, 01Foreman400, 9 invisible), 1,416 guests, and 746 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,593
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.