Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
F
Foxbat Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by 257wby
They have the African Safari discussion cornered. Lots of professional hunters and bookers there. The search function is the bomb!

The search function is the Achilles heal of this bulletin board software, that is for sure. For $300 and a few hours of time, Rick should switch to VBulletin which is what I use for my site and what is really the best software of this type out there.

Rick does a great job with this site, so I'm not complaining, but this site could do so much better using a software package that isn't dying. UBB has seen better days.

[Linked Image]

GB1

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by BarryC
I'm sure Saeed is a patriotic Arab. You don't expect him to cheer for some other team even if it is our team.

Not cheering is fine. Actively allowing/encouraging opposition is another, but still might somewhat be considered somehow understandable, as he is not US.

But, don't cry and come running for help when the next Iraq/Saddam Hussein regime country decides that the UAE would be a juicy (and oh-so-easy) target.

Don't tell me how bad I suck, and my policies are wrong, and we live the wrong way, and THEN coming tapping me on the shoulder when you're getting your azz whipped in a fight, like I'm your lifelong best friend. Sorry, I'll be too busy living wrong to be able to come and help...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Mako25
I'd never heard of it, and after reading this thread, feel no compulsion to look.

So,you dont want the chance to make up your own mind?
I guess you have been a packer fan all these years.

(AR emoticon>>>>>>>>>>) [Linked Image]
I use two browsers,ones homepage is AR,the other is 24hcf.

[the member formerly known as fluffy}
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ColdBore
I'm sure Saeed is a patriotic Arab. You don't expect him to cheer for some other team even if it is our team.

Not cheering is fine. Actively allowing/encouraging opposition is another, but still might somewhat be considered somehow understandable, as he is not US.

But, don't cry and come running for help when the next Iraq/Saddam Hussein regime country decides that the UAE would be a juicy (and oh-so-easy) target.

Don't tell me how bad I suck, and my policies are wrong, and we live the wrong way, and THEN coming tapping me on the shoulder when you're getting your azz whipped in a fight, like I'm your lifelong best friend. Sorry, I'll be too busy living wrong to be able to come and help...

I think much criticism of the ruling party over there,(UAE)might get your head removed,no matter who you are.Starting a website,and then running your mouth about your political idealogy if it doesnt agree with the king wouldnt be a good move.

Last edited by fluffy; 07/30/10.

F
Foxbat Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by fluffy

I think much criticism of the ruling party over there,(UAE)might get your head removed,no matter who you are.Starting a website,and then running your mouth about your political idealogy if it doesnt agree with the king wouldnt be a good move.

I wouldn't argue that, but that doesn't mean you let someone as out in left field as this Don character run your site.

[Linked Image]

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Reading threads like this make me realize once again how wise the Founding Fathers were when they added the Bill of Rights to our Constitution.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ColdBore

Yah I like that thought.

NRA Lifetime Member
CRS Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I enjoy both, but they definitely have their own personalities. I like to read all sorts of viewpoints. I don't always agree with them. But it is a learning experience.

Before I started reading and posting on AR I have to admit I was a little naive about world affairs. That was close to ten years ago. It has opened my eyes and given me a better understanding of the world. Not that I like it, but understand it.

Then 9/11 hit and it really opened my eyes. But that comes with a little age also.

It is a great resource for Africa, the info here seems a little one sided, not giving the whole picture.

The political forum on AR is a true politics, a quagmire of mud, slime, scum and everything else. It truly represents what is so distasteful about politics. I just avoid it and most of the other degenerative type threads on both forums.

Arcus Venator
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by fluffy

Kind of the height of irony isn't it?

And he wants to badmouth and criticize my country?!? whistle

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'd suggest you stay away from the political forum and instead take advantage of the wealth of experience and info on the others at AR.
Just like here at the Fire....lots of bullchit and weird thoughts..but the forums on shooting, etc., are excellent.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubt" Bertrand Russell

IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
I refuse to patronize that site.....was on it for about four days before that raghead commie [bleep] bastard banned me.

wouldn't buy anything from his advertisers either.

Nice. Wish I would've said it first.

When people face the possibility of freezing or starving there is little chance they are going to listen to unfounded claims of climate doomsday from a bunch of ultra-rich yacht sailing private jet-setting carbon-spewing hypocrite elites
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
As usual,politics suck,at least to me,and I would rather talk hunting and shooting.

As far as Don goes,he doesnt really moderate anywhere but the PF.All the dealing I have had with him,which hasnt been more than a few PM's,have been straightforward and fair,considering that I am considered one of the "opposition".I really dont have a problem with him,rarely ever see him,except when somebody gets the boot,like big stick just did.
You can say pretty much whatever on the PF,but any trolling on the hunting topics,would probably not be well tolerated.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
I hardly think any of the regular posters here, who were banned, trolled on hunting topic pages.

The guy seems a control freak, douche-bag to me!!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I actually have 2 windows open right now,one to each,and go back and forth posting on both to whatever topics I feel I can add to.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I suppose it like some people love rem 700's and some 98 mausers,some love ford or chevies,etc.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well, I have been a mod on the Euopean Forum of AR for a few years now, and I have another persepctive of the place.

I know some of Don's politics and they are not what people here think. He does however go out of his way to wind-up the ultra right wing wack jobs who post on the Political Forum. Its kinda of got to be an "in joke"..

As for Saeed, while he critical of many American polices, and he will say so regardless of whether its a Dem or a Republican in the Whitehouse, there is no way he condones terrorism. Nor does he hate Americans or even American troops.

In fact one of the guys was laying on bbq's and beers at his own place for Troops that were transiting a near-by camp on the way to the Gulf...IIRC he was an ex soldier himself and was doing this off his own back with not fanfare.

Evetually the story came out on AR (I think another members son was one of the soldiers concerned)and a few people offered to throw in a contribution to show support..Saeed was one of those folks and I believe it was quite generous, but it was done in a quiet, low key manner.

Also consider this, where else do you have a Jew and a Muslim who are such good friends and who lay on a site like AR for a membership that is probably 80% American?

As long as you stay away from insulting either Don's or Saeed's religion, you have to work at being banned, especially simply for comments made in the Political Forum.

Get disruptive on the rest of the site and they are less tolerant, which seems a fair enough policy for me..

Last edited by Pete E; 07/30/10.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Pete E
Well, I have been a mod on the Euopean Forum of AR for a few years now, and I have another persepctive of the place.

I know some of Don's politics and they are not what people here think. He does however go out of his way to wind-up the ultra right wing wack jobs who post on the Political Forum. Its kinda of got to be an "in joke"..

As for Saeed, while he critical of many American polices, and he will say so regardless of whether its a Dem or a Republican in the Whitehouse, there is no way he condones terrorism. Nor does he hate Americans or even American troops.

In fact one of the guys was laying on bbq's and beers at his own place for Troops that were transiting a near-by camp on the way to the Gulf...IIRC he was an ex soldier himself and was doing this off his own back with not fanfare.

Evetually the story came out on AR (I think another members son was one of the soldiers concerned)and a few people offered to throw in a contribution to show support..Saeed was one of those folks and I believe it was quite generous, but it was done in a quiet, low key manner.

Also consider this, where else do you have a Jew and a Muslim who are such good friends and who lay on a site like AR for a membership that is probably 80% American?

As long as you stay away from insulting either Don's or Saeed's religion, you have to work at being banned, especially simply for comments made in the Political Forum.

Get disruptive on the rest of the site and they are less tolerant, which seems a fair enough policy for me..

Well said and to the point, Pete. It's a good, informative Forum. If you have a thin skin, stay off of the Political piece.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Deal with Jeffso in the gunsmithing forum. He is a one sided azzhole that his way is the only way. Butt heads with him with FACTS and he will see to it you are banned, ask me how I know grin

[Linked Image]
"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jimmyd223
Deal with Jeffso in the gunsmithing forum. He is a one sided azzhole that his way is the only way. Butt heads with him with FACTS and he will see to it you are banned, ask me how I know grin

And was it just robust discussion or did it descend into a slanging match? If I recall correctly, it was the latter..

I have a different out look on being a mod...I tend to keep a very low profile and post very little. As a mod, I don't want to get into personal arguments as you end up in the position Jeffso has found him self in..

But hey they just me...besides if i want to be an arsehole for an hour, I come here and wind you guys up! grin

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by jimmyd223

Well,,,,we can all rest assured that we have none like that here at The Campfire. Comforting.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

71 members (Amos63, 35, 257_X_50, afisher, alffe, 7 invisible), 840 guests, and 823 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,977
Posts18,519,916
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.