Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Like I said, volumes...You sound all worked up?? I'm sorry.

I've seen a few mule deer on the move, a high mag rifle scope would have done exactly nothing, in the useful department.

Fretting a dink getting away is not a concern..If your after the first decent buck, and can live with what you have on the ground, go ahead and use ur rifle scope, no skin off my nuts, but the fact you get all butt hurt over it is more than a bit funny.

GB1

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
love the "mirage" angle too LOL

Guns don't kill people, drivers with cell phones kill people.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I'm not sure I ever told anybody what scope to use. I just stated my experiences and how I do what I do. Take it or leave it, as I'm sure you have your mind made up.

Also Jon, you pulled a sentence fragment out, without reading the entire sentence and paragraph about "wind". I was clearly referring to using the wind to my advantage, as to get enough time to look over game via a spotter, before they detect my scent and head for cover.

If I were mountain hunting, and game I spotted was moving away from me only giving me "precious seconds", I'd really rethink how I was doing things.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by rosco1
If your after the first decent buck, and can live with what you have on the ground,

If that was the case, I'd just shoot it with the 6X and live with whatever it was. That's what the 6X fans are advocating. Actually seeing the critter well allows me to not pull the triger on a "dink." Tough concept apparently.
but the fact you get all butt hurt over it is more than a bit funny.

If I was butt hurt, I might make something up about the safety of anybody who uses different equipment than me. Oh wait, that's what you did.
Originally Posted by toad
love the "mirage" angle too LOL

I see you still haven't learned to use your equipment. Maybe you should look into taking a class or something? Next time I'm in Montana give me a ring and I'll come over and show you what that knob on the side of your scope is for.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by JonA
Maybe there are never any other hunters where you hunt so you can literally count on anything you see being there all day long? Boy, that must make things tough.

If every critter you've ever gotten allows you to put down your pack, get out a spotting scope, set up the spotting scope.... please do tell me how much you bribe the guards at the zoo. There are times this is the case and in those times a spotting scope is a wonderful tool to have. There are other times when it's not.

To be honest with you.. No, I don't have to worry about other hunters. I hike far enough in to my spots that it isn't a concern to me.

If I don't have the drop on the animal, and I don't have time to pull out the spotter and lean it across my pack to take a better look.. That particular animal lives for me to hunt another day.

Since you admitted to hunting in a place with hunting pressure, wouldn't it be prudent for you to always look things over very carefully with bino's or a spotter before scoping in on an animal? What if some guy had crept within 20 yards of that animal, and you are waving a weapon at him?

IC B2

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
"If I was butt hurt, I might make something up about the safety of anybody who uses different equipment than me. Oh wait, that's what you did."

Is that right? Please do quote me, anything I said about safety.(dont bother looking, it aint there)
Talk about making chit up.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Calvin
I just stated my experiences and how I do what I do. Take it or leave it, as I'm sure you have your mind made up.

Do what? Kill something at 250 yds? This is the Long Range Section.
I was clearly referring to using the wind to my advantage,

Maybe when you start shooting long range, you'll realize when you "read the wind" before a shot, what that means.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by JonA

If that was the case, I'd just shoot it with the 6X and live with whatever it was. That's what the 6X fans are advocating.

That is a gross misrepresentation and you know it. We are advocating using higher power binos and spotters to look over the game before pointing a rifle at it.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You've never shot something without a spotting scope or 15X binocs? I find that hard to believe, even if you do hunt in a zoo.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

Talk about making chit up.

I'll pay close attention to what SU says.. But this Jon guy is just pulling stuff out of his ass now.

IC B3

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
He's a bit sensitive.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Please do quote me, anything I said about safety.

Bino's for finding, spotter for judging, rifle scope for killing. if you want to use a rifle scope for all three,

"Finding" the animals with the rifle scope is unsafe. That was your implication "that spoke volumes."

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
But this Jon guy is just pulling stuff out of his ass now.

Did you watch the video? Please post some of yours. Let's see how good a shot your ass is.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Oh, your psychic now...You aint even close to catching my drift, but thats no surprise.

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Jon,

REALLY ring the bell and post some of your Huge Critters,that were sluiced due to high X's.

Thought so....................(laffin')

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
WTF would I watch a video? How is that going to change the fact that you misrepresent what people post, have terrible reading comprehension, and most of us don't have a gear low enough to even respond to your babble.

Anybody can put together a LR rifle and go take shots a [bleep] beyond 400 yards. My 14 year old can do it. But, if everything is running away from you at those ranges, you might want to put the "Hunting" back in Long Range Hunting.

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Allow her to "quantify" her High X Results first.

It'll be funny................

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A couple of the latest:
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Doe only tag, nice to be darn sure she didn't have any spikes hiding next to those ears:

[Linked Image]

So stick, going to answer the questions on the wind? Describe your technique? Nevermind, in order to do that you'd need to actually have one.
you misrepresent what people post, have terrible reading comprehension,

Like this?
if everything is running away from you at those ranges,

Did I say anything about shooting running animals? Or ones that are even moving at all? Knowing an animal isn't going to be standing like a statue for the next 1/2 hour from situation awareness and reading body language and shooting at running animals are quite different things. But you knew that, didn't you?

You guys are a real blast. Nary an answer to a technical question, not a single challenge on a technical point, (those would require some technical knowledge) you've conceded loss on the merits.

So let's call him "sensitive," let's call him "butt hurt" or let's call him "a 'her'." Boy, that really gets me. Yawn.

You guys need to take this 6X scope show on the road to some real LR or Tactical sites. Oh yeah, BS actually has several times where he gets laughed at and kicked out eventually. Tell them Sniper guys they need to trade in their high power NF, S&B, Premiers, etc, for a 6X42 Lupy. 'Cause it's the most bestest--or however he says it.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

Fretting a dink getting away is not a concern..If your after the first decent buck, and can live with what you have on the ground, go ahead and use ur rifle scope, no skin off my nuts, but the fact you get all butt hurt over it is more than a bit funny.

You nailed it.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Jon,

I apologize. We assumed you actually cared about the quality of the animals you shot. My bad..

Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

70 members (BALLISTIK, 6mmbrfan, 907brass, Akhutr, 7mm_Loco, 10gaugemag, 8 invisible), 1,474 guests, and 928 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,748
Posts18,495,219
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.