Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
A-Borts and Rats...a guy couldn't even make up stuff THAT funny...............

GB1

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Unless it was in a field.

Oooops...............

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

"
I apologize. We assumed you actually cared about the quality of the animals you shot. My bad.."

I didnt..

Last edited by rosco1; 07/31/10.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Good thing he didn't wait to pull out that spotter.. That Doe could have gotten away!

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by rosco1

"
I apologize. We assumed you actually cared about the quality of the animals you shot. My bad.."

I didnt..

My bad attempt at sarcasm..

IC B2

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Mighta hid behind a haybale...........

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Kinda a let down.. I expected more, but at least my sides are hurting from laughing. 2006 as his most recent? At least he has a pair of binos in a pic.

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
'Bout the saddest thing I've ever seen and admittedly,there's been lotsa them try.................

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Calvin
I apologize.

No need. Just post pics of animals you've taken beyond 400 yds so that we know you have a clue what you're talking about. Nevermind....

You guys are showing your true character, you should be proud. I could go on explaining how that muley is really freaking big for the area in which he was taken, that the whitetail was passed on early in the hunt but being able to positively identify him quickly as the deadline approached was very helpful, but that's what you'd like.

You want to change the subject. I asked technical questions. You have nothing. I gave technical reasons. You have nothing. I ask what advantage you gain by handicapping yourself with a crappy low powered scope? Still nothing.

So you want to change the subject. Throw enough rocks and people will lose sight of your cluelessness.

The original point Rost brought up was very simple, very legitimate, and should be no problem to understand for anybody with two brain cells to rub together and any experience under his belt. Obviously you guys don't qualify.

But Big Stick being big schtick of course means any thread where the "ultimateness" of his beloved 6X42 is called into question won't go anywhere logic has any place. Sorry you guys decided to nutswing and consequently were exposed.

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
If you have to "explain how really freaking big" something is...it assuredly ain't.

Especially when "quantifying" the optics employed,as being the Trump Card used to sluice same(in a hayfield no less). Quite a ruse there,though through the thinnest of veils.

Topnotch humor however!...............

IC B3

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Jon,

I can promise you that you are the absolute last person I'd seek out for technical advice. In fact, I have zero interest in how you do anything, based on what you have typed and shown on this thread.

I don't see the point of long range shooting if all it means is that you are going to make long shots at immature animals in a field.

How did long range hunting evolve into a sport where guys shoot dinks out of a field and think they are badazzes for doing so?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
How did long range hunting evolve into a sport where guys shoot dinks out of a field and think they are badazzes for doing so?

Isn't that what you just did a few days ago? Except for the fact he was 147 yds away or whatever? Tell me, did you eat a sandwich and drink a cup of coffee while contemplating amongst yourselves which one you should nail?

Blasting the biggest of a gaggle of bucks in velvet all munching contently on a hillside on a lazy summer afternoon is something I've wished I could do hundreds of times. Of course that's illegal for most of us in the lower 48. Things somehow get much harder in the fall. Of course you had to put in for and draw that tag? Only get one tag a year? Season only lasts a few weeks? There were probably 20 or 30 other hunters in a 1 mile radius as well, right?

As you can see, it takes quite the pompous ass to make such assumptions about the difficulty of others' hunting conditions when you haven't a clue. You're not in a position to judge me or anybody else. Especially when, by your own description of your techniques, it's very likely you'd have been left standing with your thumb up your ass and an empty tag in similar situations.

I can promise you that you are the absolute last person I'd seek out for technical advice.

Glad to hear it as my indulgence in a moment of boredness to "play along" with this funny little game is not for your benefit. Much like the 2nd grader who tells his teacher that teacher "can't teach him nothin'" your not knowing what you don't know doesn't threaten me in the slightest.

You're much better off in the optics section accusing people of safety violations for using different scopes than you than you are discussing LR shooting techniques.

Maybe someday when you actually want to start learning how to shoot long range and you begin practicing at 1/2 the distances I do, some of the things I've said here will come to your mind and a light bulb or two might switch on. Until then "helping" you is a waste of my time.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by JonA

Isn't that what you just did a few days ago? Except for the fact he was 147 yds away or whatever? Tell me, did you eat a sandwich and drink a cup of coffee while contemplating amongst yourselves which one you should nail?

Blasting the biggest of a gaggle of bucks in velvet all munching contently on a hillside on a lazy summer afternoon is something I've wished I could do hundreds of times. Of course that's illegal for most of us in the lower 48. Things somehow get much harder in the fall. Of course you had to put in for and draw that tag? Only get one tag a year? Season only lasts a few weeks? There were probably 20 or 30 other hunters in a 1 mile radius as well, right?

As you can see, it takes quite the pompous ass to make such assumptions about the difficulty of others' hunting conditions when you haven't a clue. You're not in a position to judge me or anybody else. Especially when, by your own description of your techniques, it's very likely you'd have been left standing with your thumb up your ass and an empty tag in similar situations.

I can promise you that you are the absolute last person I'd seek out for technical advice.

Glad to hear it as my indulgence in a moment of boredness to "play along" with this funny little game is not for your benefit. Much like the 2nd grader who tells his teacher that teacher "can't teach him nothin'" your not knowing what you don't know doesn't threaten me in the slightest.

You're much better off in the optics section accusing people of safety violations for using different scopes than you than you are discussing LR shooting techniques.

Maybe someday when you actually want to start learning how to shoot long range and you begin practicing at 1/2 the distances I do, some of the things I've said here will come to your mind and a light bulb or two might switch on. Until then "helping" you is a waste of my time.

No, my hunting is nothing like what you do. You couldn't even begin to compare what I do and shooting a deer out of a field in your wildest dreams. Your animals are not even in the same ballpark as the one I pictured. (Do you even know what kind of deer that is?)

The fact that you have 20-30 hunters in a mile radius shows that you are one lazy "hunter". I suggest you buy a pair of boots and a backpack. It also shows that you are one hell of an unsafe hunter if you are taking "precious seconds" shots at game, at long range, with that many people around.

Now your location, seasons, and hunting pressure is your excuse for killing small animals? I never can understand western states hunter who doesn't take advantage of the vast road system provided by the federal gov't to drive to better hunting locations or states.

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
How hard of a Draw is it to land a Tit Tag? Does it take quite a few Preference Points? How much "research" is involved,to be able to routinely go where 30 other guys already are,within a 1 mile radius?

Few folks make a "point",like you do.............

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
6x footage from last week.

[Linked Image]

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Shot a Meat Buck in the head,year before last at 752yds CBS,7 Whizzum Montucky/162 6x42.

I guess I should start uploading a bunch more footage..............(grin)

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
That is one helluva a shot!

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Hardly. Given the rifle,it's ammo,the glass and the Operator...............

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by SamOlson
6x footage from last week.

[Linked Image]

Well done Sam.

"Got my fancy..uh..300 chit mag over there"....TFF and classic

Nail

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Didn't realize it was a video,thinking instead...it was a pic of open terrain for consideration.

Should hang the 11 second breakfast link............

Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

538 members (1234, 007FJ, 12344mag, 1minute, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 59 invisible), 2,407 guests, and 1,313 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,794
Posts18,496,193
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.