Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I carry my LCP in a Desantis Nemesis. I like it, my only gripe is I wish it were closed at the bottom of the holster.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Mika's pocket holster. Good price and definitely worth the wait. I've got several and highly recommend them. For dress pants, I like the rounded bottom holster in the front pocket. S&W 642 and Ruger LCP can be carried very easily and the holster never comes out - in practice anyway. Square bottom is great for rear pockets or cargo pockets.

Robert's a great guy and provides excellent customer service....and he's an ex-cop....and he sews up the holsters himself. I'm not related to him....just a satisfied customer.

http://www.frontiernet.net/~akim/index.html

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Barkoff I think the main reason is you bump it into stuff as you walk by. Think about how many times you walk into things on a daily basis and now your pistol will be bumped off those things.

My glock 27 is still in pretty good condition even though I knocked the rear sight off a couple times. My 642 looks so bad I don't know if someone would pick it up out of a dumpster...grin.

When you carry a gun your pocket the only thing that can be in that pocket is your gun unless your not afraid of a bullet sliding down your leg...

If someone showes you a pistol and they tell you they carry it in there pocket and it lookes like new they would lying to you...

Dink

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by DINK
Barkoff I think the main reason is you bump it into stuff as you walk by. Think about how many times you walk into things on a daily basis and now your pistol will be bumped off those things.

My glock 27 is still in pretty good condition even though I knocked the rear sight off a couple times. My 642 looks so bad I don't know if someone would pick it up out of a dumpster...grin.

When you carry a gun your pocket the only thing that can be in that pocket is your gun unless your not afraid of a bullet sliding down your leg...

If someone showes you a pistol and they tell you they carry it in there pocket and it lookes like new they would lying to you...

Dink
I guess that depends. This gun has been carried in my right front pants pocket for many thousands of days over the years that I've owned it. Does it look so bad?

[Linked Image]

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Well Hawkeye does it still look new?......It may not look bad but does it still look new? I think the grips are in awful good shape for a 1000 days of carry.

And being a teacher how did you get a full 1000 days of carry on one pistol?

I would hate to depend my life on that gun even if it is a second or a third carry gun.

Dink

Last edited by DINK; 08/08/10.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
ANY gun is better than NO gun when ya need a gun.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Lay off the sauce bro.

I got a nylon pocket holster for the "Sunday go to Meeting" NAA Guardian that has a "textured" strip that prevents it from coming out with the gun.

Unfortunately, the holster is too small and settles down into a neat little bulging rectangle. Sometimes looks like a big wallet in my front pocket, depending on the slacks I'm wearing. Not that my wallet is extra thick with cash and condoms, but it is a wee bit bigger than the gun.

Some pockets I use safety pins to take up the bottoms so the pistol carries higher.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
RWE never thought that might be problem.......

Dink

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's not a problem. It's a situation only. wink

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
R
i carry a bodyguard in a mika pocket holster

FJB
IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I bought a Mika holster for my model 442. It's well made with good padding, but I find it cut too large. It covers nearly all of the grip. I have an Uncle Mike's I paid about $10 that I like better. I carry that little revolver in it all the time and it's just about perfect. It always stays in place when I draw the revolver.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by GSSP
my Uncle Mike's I use with my S&W M&P 340 tends to come out of the pocket, still on the gun when drawn.

Alan

I haven't had that problem, but I wouldn't worry about it if I did. The holster isn't tight enough to impede cylinder movement so I'd just fire it that way.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have a nylon pocket holster of unkonwn origin for a S&W J frame with no hammer and I've never had a problem with it. Depends on what kind of pocket you stick it in. I only use it in the pocket of shorts when I can't get away with a regular carry.

Otto is my co-pilot.
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Hawkeye still waiting on how you carried a gun for 1000's of days being a teacher.

This is a smith 642 that I have carried for five or six years. ALot of the little dings and scratches did not show up. I can not keep the grip screw from rusting and finally said [bleep] it.

[img:center]http://[Linked Image][/img]

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Hawkeye still waiting on how you carried a gun for 1000's of days being a teacher.
Sorry, DINK, I have you on ignore so don't read all your posts. Glad I happened to click on this one.

I've owned that NAA Mini Revolver since about 1988. Lots of opportunities to carry. I carry every day, in fact, just not when I'm at work, which is just four blocks from my home. Summers, constantly.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Dink, thats what ya get for having one of them "painted" guns1

This is a 60 no dash I bought new and still carry, most of 30 years now! IWB, no holster.

[Linked Image]

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Carry this little stinger right front pocket, mostly jeans, about 8 years now.

[Linked Image]

Old cat turd!

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
TLee I have had a couple model 60's and a 37 no dash. I have found day in and day out I can't beat the 642. Just in case one goes down I have two more in the vault.

I work with a couple guys that carry the kel tec everyday and they seem to loose the blueing pretty fast. Yours looks in really good shape.

Dink

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by T LEE
Dink, thats what ya get for having one of them "painted" guns1

This is a 60 no dash I bought new and still carry, most of 30 years now! IWB, no holster.

[Linked Image]

I don't know, T. That gun looks way to good to have been carried much. You sure you carry it? wink

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Hawkeye don't worry I think TLee carries a gun pretty often. I know your slow sometimes but did you catch the IWB.

You on the other hand I don't believe that you carried that pistol thousands of days. Putting that pistol in pocket and walking around the house does not count for a day of carrying.

I carry two guns everyday for 10 to 16 hours a day. The gun in my front pocket tends to get a little worn.

Dink

Last edited by DINK; 08/09/10.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

603 members (160user, 1beaver_shooter, 1936M71, 204guy, 1badf350, 69 invisible), 2,994 guests, and 1,326 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,194
Posts18,503,541
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.