Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by isaac

What kind of attorney would send his criminal client to a courtroom to plead guilty to a criminal charge without the lawyer being present??

prolly one of those low bid ones i mentioned earlier grin

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
GB1

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
A [bleep]' stupid one, that's what kind.

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
BTW - curdog, if you're being honest, then honestly, you're a DSMFer and a disgrace. Folks like you make attorneys a good bit of money, and rightfully so, as you continually violate the "stupidity clause".

Personally, and having defended several like you, the best verdict is a big, steaming cup of STFU and likely jail time before you end up killing someone.

Of course, seeing what a habitual DWI defendant can do to a family when that POS takes a car with a mom and two kids (she was sober, drunk crossed completely into her lane) head-on will occasionally make a difference.

Then again, you're different, right? Just like he was.....

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K

Um happens more than I am comfortable with.
how about during trial defense moves for a mistrial because teenage victim blurts extranious statement. During lunch break prosecution realizes that the confession should have been suppressed by defense counsel and raises the issue to the court. Court grants defendant's motion for mistrial but because defense counsel agreed that they dropped the ball.
Does double jeapardy apply?

How about morning of trial on a homicide judge enters an order barring defendant's self defense witnesses for failing to disclose 30 days prior to trial(defense HAD filed a motion to bar the states rebuttal witnesses for failing to disclose 5 days prior to trial) Counsel admitts they screwed up but argued the State should ask for a continuance- court asked if they were asking to continue- at which point they thought that it was a good idea( then counsel turned to defendant and asked if he agreed).

The original point was wjy plead not guilty when they have you dead to rights.
1. Because you are not dead to rights until a defense attorney says so then whine for a deal
2. Because a jury says so- pucker up the judge is going to give you a little extra
3. Because you have nothing to loose
4. Because you listen to the jail house lawyers(dealing with one that is why the reference).

Last one off the top of my head-
Defense counsel takes the 20 grand, puts the defendant on at trial to admit to the crime and gets double what the prosecution was offereing.

First and only rule of defense attorneys- if someone is going to jail, make sure it is your client.

===

What kind of attorney would send his criminal client to a courtroom to plead guilty to a criminal charge without the lawyer being present?? [/quote]

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
You're all over the place,dude!!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

IC B2

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
First and only rule of defense attorneys- if someone is going to jail, make sure it is your client.

No, that is the second rule and not the only rule.

The first rule and the only other rules is: "Get paid in full, up front."

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Coss is definitely a trial lawyer!!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by curdog4570
One in Jack CTY TX -pled guilty we/o lawyer . Fine and probation .

One in Tarrant Cty TX - Lawyer got it thrown out .

One in Young CTY Tx - pled down to unlawful carrying of weapon .

One in Chickasha OK -- Lawyer I paid 1500 bucks [ 1980 dollars ] got drunk and didn't show up . Found guilty by judge who was talking to his girlfriend on the phone while he was holding my "trial " . Paid fine .No probation .

One in Archer Cty Tx . Plea deal worked out by lawyers . Fine and probation .

Never lost my license . Because of shorter " enhancement periods " back then , each one was a first offense .

You spoke some truth earlier :

Fact is that I had no business on the hiway if my BAC was LESS than .010 .No accidents from being drunk . [ that by the grace of God , obviously ]

FWIW THe gov't or nobody [ including me ] spent a dime sobering me up .

And I have a CCL . grin

End of answers . No more questions . Have a good day .

Posterity sake.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K

I am but I am trying to respond to a defendant's bs suppression motion at the same time.

K

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
In what capacity are you responding?

William Arthur Ward

IC B3

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by KRAKMT

I am but I am trying to respond to a defendant's bs suppression motion at the same time.

K

Ahh, we have true believer here.

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
KRAKPOT is another DSMFer DD/TRH clone with zero experience, is my guess. And, given the evidence at hand, I reckon my position safe.

BTW - who left the "Dumbasses welcome" sign on this time?

Last edited by VAnimrod; 08/10/10.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Um happens more than I am comfortable with.
how about during trial defense moves for a mistrial because teenage victim blurts extranious statement. During lunch break prosecution realizes that the confession should have been suppressed by defense counsel and raises the issue to the court. Court grants defendant's motion for mistrial but because defense counsel agreed that they dropped the ball.
===============

Yeah,I think so,Sean. He's left out about 4-5 things/facts I can think of right off the top of my head!

William Arthur Ward

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
10 years currently elected county attorney.
Spew all you want, a crappy defense attorney will get you more time than non at all.
K

I can give you the Supreme Court case ifn you want the 20 page version, I am sure there are more facts that you could find in support of a position.

Last edited by KRAKMT; 08/10/10.
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
You're full of schit!!

William Arthur Ward

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

Spew all you want, a crappy defense attorney will get you more time than non at all.
K

Only if he is unpopular.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by isaac
A drunk driver will [bleep] up somehow else along the way.

Like maybe killing an innocent family.......

Not a good enough reason to let 'em keep weaving down the road IMO.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K

I can give you the Supreme Court case ifn you want the 20 page version, I am sure there are more facts that you could find in support of a position.

some of the most pain in the arse, idiotic lawyers ive ever come across are elected county attorneys....just like some of the most worthless law enforcement officers ive known are elected county sheriffs......

Last edited by rattler; 08/10/10.

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by VAnimrod

BTW - who left the "Dumbasses welcome" sign on this time?

My bad, now where's that damn switch.....

Deal with it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
BTW - curdog, if you're being honest, then honestly, you're a DSMFer and a disgrace. Folks like you make attorneys a good bit of money, and rightfully so, as you continually violate the "stupidity clause".

Personally, and having defended several like you, the best verdict is a big, steaming cup of STFU and likely jail time before you end up killing someone.

Of course, seeing what a habitual DWI defendant can do to a family when that POS takes a car with a mom and two kids (she was sober, drunk crossed completely into her lane) head-on will occasionally make a difference.

Then again, you're different, right? Just like he was.....

If I ever get back your way we'll talk about it .Personally , I have no use for hypocritical tee- totalers and obviously you've never driven when your BAC was over the limit . That's not a question . I wouldn't expect an honest answer from the likes of you .

I'm content to be judged by folks that know me . The ones who knew me drunk and the ones that have known me sober for over 25 years .

You are real quick on the verbal trigger , BIGMOUTH . Thought they taught better than that in law school, or , are you another TRH ?

I'm going to a meeting and I'm done with you .

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

542 members (219 Wasp, 1badf350, 219DW, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 53 invisible), 1,639 guests, and 1,280 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,993
Posts18,520,267
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.