Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
WTS: used books. Prices INCLUDE SHIPPING to CONUS. I DON'T do paypal but will take personal checks if you can wait a couple of days for them to clear (or if you've bought from me before), MOs, and cash. Please ask any questions by PM; I will answer all (Please don't ask questions on forum). First "I'll take book A" etc. on this forum gets the book.

Take $1 off each book after the first one ordered (I save on shipping when I get multiple book orders) except on multi-volume item B.

Hunting books

A) "The NRA Hunter's Guide" by NRA. This is the most complete "how to" I've found. Covers gun and archery choices, handling, maintenance, field tactic basics, survival etc. 8 1/2"x 11" paperbound w/color illus of all game and birds in America, many b/w diagrams of guns and how they work, etc. 300 pp in very good readable cond. $4

B) "The Outdoor Life Deer Hunters Yearbooks: 1983-1987 5 vols." Outdoor Life publication hardbound 180-185 pp. each filled with articles by known experts: archery, rifle, shotgun, and handgun hunting for all deer species in all terrains and weathers. Completely illus. with full color and b/w photos and color plates in exc. cond.. Over 500 pages of articles on your favorite sport. $18 (very heavy).

C) "A Sportsman's Life: How I Built Orvis by Mixing Business and Sport" by Leigh Perkins. How Orvis was created from a "sleepy little fishing business in Vermont" to the present sporting goods empire. With lots of hunting and fishing besides the biz talk. Hardbound 195 pp. w/b/w photos and dust jacket in new/exc. cond. $5

D) "Beagles" by Beverly Pisano. Complete Beagle handbook: history of the breed, choosing a dog, feeding, training, and breeding, health guide, etc. A beautiful little book full of beautiful little hounds--you will WANT one! Hardbound 224 pp full of full-color photos in new cond. $5

Fishing books

E) "The World Guide to Fly Fishing" by Jim Capralis. the first comprehensive world guide to fly fishing outside the continental US. Location descriptions and local resources plus tackle guide, fish types and records in each location. Illus w/many b/w photos of world fish and fishing. Hardbound 460 pp. in new cond w/new dust jacket. $8

F) "The Complete Book of Lurecraft: How to Make Plugs, Spinners, Spoons, and Jigs That Catch More Fish Than Those You Buy" by Russ Mohney. Complete DIY lure making shown in clear diagrams and color photos. Oversized hardbound 280 pp. in exc. cond w/slight tears in dust jacket $7

Gun books

G) SPF "Sporting Arms of the World" by Ray Bearse. Classic that covers all the sporting arms available to Americans in the late 1970s. Covers handguns, rifles and shotguns, each with a statistical profile, description, and brief history, photo, and many with breakdown diagrams. Intro chapters cover ctg. development and the status of the shooting sports and gun industry. A great reference for older modern guns.
8 1/2"x11" hardbound 468 pp. in exc. cond w/slight tears in dust jacket. $8

H) "The Great Guns" by Harold L. Peterson and Robert Elman. A picture-plus-text book that reviews firearms from their beginnings to the early 20th Century focusing on the classic historical arms, sporting and military. Extensively illustrated with color and b/w photos and sporting print repros, many full-page. 8 1/2"x11" hardbound 252 pp. new cond w/new dust jacket. $7

I) "Guns Illustrated Annual 1989" The yearbook you're familiar with, but from 20 years ago. Covers all guns sold in US plus articles on various milsurp and shooting topics including Russian Tokarev rifles and French 1935 auto pistols, etc. Well-worn but complete and very readable. $4

Outdoor adventure books

J) SPF "Lewis and Clark: Voyage of Discovery" by Stephen Ambrose. Prize-winning historian and National Geographic Society team up to narrate and illustrate the "Voyage of Discovery" using clear narrative and personal walking of the routes, stunning color photos of the route as it is today and repros of paintings inspired by the Voyage in the 19th Century. Oversized 11"x9" hardbound in near new cond. w/slight crease in cover, no dust jacket. $8

K) SPF "The Cruelest Miles: the Heroic Story of Dogs and Men In a Race Against an Epidemic" by Gay and Laney Salisbury. History of the 1925 sled dog transport of vaccine from Steward to Nome, Alaska that was the inspiration for the Iditerod Trail Race. Paperback 318 pp. w/maps, historic photos. exc. cond. $5

Civil aviation adventures

L) "Fly the Big Sky: A Pilot's Guide to Montana's Prairie Towns and Mountain Hideaways" by Galen L. Hanselman. Divided into a section describing airports/strips in "pilot talk" and a gazeteer of towns that has their history, personal anecdotes by the pilot-author, and local details. Interesting reading even for the non-pilot (but done in 2000--the history is still true, but call ahead before you try to land, please!). Pocket-sized paperback in ring binder, 699 pp on new cond. w/b/w pix and maps. $6

M) "I Must Fly" by Johnny Moore. The autobiography of an Alaskan bush pilot, fire bomber all over the West, and "senior citizen crop duster." The great thing about this to me is the descriptions of flying experience with classic planes and warbirds in civil use. Oversized paperback 385 pp. w/b/w photos in exc./new cond. $6

N) "The Sky People: A History of Parachuting" by Peter Hearn. Parachuting pioneers form Leonardo on, show jumpers, experimenters, paratroops and sky divers. An illustrated history full of facts, color and b/w photos, and diagrams. 8 1/2"x11" hardbound 165 pp. in exc. cond w/very good dust jacket. $6

Thanks for reading my looonng post!

Mike Armstrong

Last edited by Mike Armstrong; 08/11/10. Reason: mark sold items
GB1

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
I would like these two. Please PM payment details.

G) "Sporting Arms of the World" by Ray Bearse. Classic that covers all the sporting arms available to Americans in the late 1970s. Covers handguns, rifles and shotguns, each with a statistical profile, description, and brief history, photo, and many with breakdown diagrams. Intro chapters cover ctg. development and the status of the shooting sports and gun industry. A great reference for older modern guns.
8 1/2"x11" hardbound 468 pp. in exc. cond w/slight tears in dust jacket. $8

K) "The Cruelest Miles: the Heroic Story of Dogs and Men In a Race Against an Epidemic" by Gay and Laney Salisbury. History of the 1925 sled dog transport of vaccine from Steward to Nome, Alaska that was the inspiration for the Iditerod Trail Race. Paperback 318 pp. w/maps, historic photos. exc. cond. $5

Larry
"Speed is fine but accuracy is final" - Bill Jordan
"We do not exaggerate when we state positively that the remodelled Springfield is the best and most suitable "all 'round" rifle".......Seymour Griffin, GRIFFIN & HOWE, Inc. wink
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I'll take this. Please PM me your address and I'll throw some cash in an envelope to you.

David

J) "Lewis and Clark: Voyage of Discovery" by Stephen Ambrose. Prize-winning historian and National Geographic Society team up to narrate and illustrate the "Voyage of Discovery" using clear narrative and personal walking of the routes, stunning color photos of the route as it is today and repros of paintings inspired by the Voyage in the 19th Century. Oversized 11"x9" hardbound in near new cond. w/slight crease in cover, no dust jacket. $8

M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Book "J" SPF to davidsapp. Thanks! (PM incoming).

M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Books "G" and "K" SPF to idared. Thanks (twice)! (PM on its way)

IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I would like these two. Send pm with address.

H) "The Great Guns" by Harold L. Peterson and Robert Elman. A picture-plus-text book that reviews firearms from their beginnings to the early 20th Century focusing on the classic historical arms, sporting and military. Extensively illustrated with color and b/w photos and sporting print repros, many full-page. 8 1/2"x11" hardbound 252 pp. new cond w/new dust jacket. $7

M) "I Must Fly" by Johnny Moore. The autobiography of an Alaskan bush pilot, fire bomber all over the West, and "senior citizen crop duster." The great thing about this to me is the descriptions of flying experience with classic planes and warbirds in civil use. Oversized paperback 385 pp. w/b/w photos in exc./new cond. $6

Thanks,

Brian

M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Books H and M SPF to slowmover12. Thanks! (PM on the way)

M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
I NEED to get these outa my wife's new office, so:

I'll ship you all the hunting books in a box (A,B,C,D) for $24

and

I'll ship you both remaining fishing books (E and F) for $10.

Mike Armstrong

M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
One last bump. Have a great weekend, guys!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

77 members (anothergun, Amos63, 300_savage, 257robertsimp, 13 invisible), 1,681 guests, and 917 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,448
Posts18,528,826
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.