Print Thread
Hop To
#43458 02/17/01
J
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
J
A few years ago, I bought a pair of Danner Acadias, with gortex liner. Kinda steep, but needed a good pair of boots. Unreal, how comfortable and dry, with no maintenance! Walking in saltwater or freshwater, if you don't go over the tops, dry as rubber boots. Dryer, since they breath. On Kodiak, everything else soaked, but my feet were dry. I always swore that if my feet ever got wet in them, I would go out and buy another pair just like them. This last year, while moose hunting, the seem at the tongue/toebox started leaking slightly on the left. Those boots are now around $250 pr., hard to pay that. It turns out Danner will rebuild them, with new liners, for around $100, if I ship them back! Best gear I have ever owned.<P>John

"If a little's good, a lot's better, and way too much is just right!"
GB1

H
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
H
Danner's are GREAT boots! One thing though, they will only "recraft" their boots that are of the stitchdown design. The won't do the ones that have the glue on type sole. You're right though, broken in out of the box and terrific quality! [Linked Image]

M
M
You ain't lying! Bought a pair before the Marine Corps authorized commercial boots for wear, and used them for when I was out in the field. Excellant boot, kinda heavy, but worth the extra weight. Their reputation is world renown. In fact I even had a couple of British Commandos (4/5) try and trade me for them, while I was wearing them! Yep, Danner's are definitely THE boot. ~MarinePMI

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Hey Mr. Calhoun, I got the Acadias too!!!Ive had then OVER ten years and their still water proof.I paid about $160 for them but I still see then for around $180.Cabela's has them for $180.When(?) they wear out I want to get the Ft.Lewis "Go Devil"model.They arn't Cordura so I am wondering if they will be as comfortable from the get go?<P>------------------<BR>Don't do drugs...unless you have enough for everyone.

If you can't go hard....go heavy.
P
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
P
Hi guys. I need a good pair of hunting boots and have heard good things about the Danners. Where's the best place to get them in terms of selection & price? (Cabelas can be a little high on some things, - I dont know if that's true on the Danners or not.) Thanks, - - Pointshoot

IC B2

W
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
W
Got 2 pair of the ft lewis, like my guns you can have them when you pry them from my cold dead hands (or feet rather) take care of them, saddle soap and light mink oil and after that initial cost you won't need worry about it for many many years (if ever)

J
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
J
Got my acadias back from danner rebuilding. They look good, but only time will tell if the new liners are as waterproof as the old ones. The total was about $120, which is cheeper than new, but next time I will just get new boots. 'Course, next time, the soles will probably be pretty worn out on them also.<P>More later.<BR>John

"If a little's good, a lot's better, and way too much is just right!"
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Have one pair of Danner Sasquatch boots that are over ten years old! I wont get rid of them. Soles are a little gone, but the boot is wonderful. I got another pair of low cut Danners that are just as nice. Two years and counting on those.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Pointshoot
<br>I don't know where you live but if your in the Portland OR area Danner has an outlet store at the factory I picked up a pair of Ft. Lewis boots there for half the local store price, great boots.
<br>
<br>erich
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>

After the first shot the rest are just noise.

Make mine a Minaska

Heaven has walls and rules, H-ll has open borders
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
My first experiance with Danner Boots, is that they have a sizing problem. I've always worn a 10 1/2 D, and with the Danners, this size boot has a real tight crimp on the forward part of the foot. Can't complain about the quality though. I wear them everyday as a work boot. But will probably buy something else when these wear out. Got these from Cabela's on sale.
<br>
<br>Phil

IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Mine are HOOD Winter Lites. Use them for hunting only. Iowa in December, snow and ice everywhere, after deer. Broke through a little iced over creek up to my ankles, never felt a drop. Sacramento Delta California in November, looking for Phesants, in and out of water all day, dry as a bone. Wouldn't trade mine. Little neats foot oil and they'll last forever.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

513 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 160user, 16gage, 57 invisible), 2,727 guests, and 1,209 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,644
Posts18,512,469
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.