Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
R
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
R
Well long story short I broke the trigger for my Remington 700sps by dropping the barreled action.
Is there anywhere that I can get just that piece instead of the whole assy.? I put another assy. in from another rifle and the trigger pull is like 9 llbs. It sucks. With the old trigger it broke at like 3 llbs. I need to get this fixed so I can have my 7mm rem mag up and running as well as the 270wsm that I broke the trigger on.

Also any info on doing a trigger job on a 700 would be helpful. I have searched around just looking for some good pointers.

Last edited by r08ert209cali; 08/24/10.

I dunno, I've never been much for guns. I mean, sure, we have the usual gun by the door, another near the TV, one in the kitchen, and another in the bedroom.For the most part though, we keep our home free of guns. We are peace loving folks.
GB1

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Just tune your new trigger and it should get back down around where the old one was.

Basically you have three screws, and usually only want/need to mess with two of them. A small screwdriver and five minutes should be all you need.

As for instructions, there used to be a very detailed post on Sniper Country. You might want to search there.

Otherwise, somebody will probably have another link, or l type out instructions.

In regards to buying just the trigger shoe, I'm doubting it. You'll need a new trigger assembly. Find somebody selling a factory unit here, or pick up a good aftermarket unit (Timney, Rifle Basix, Shilen, etc).

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Just do a google search on "adjusting Rem 700 trigger" and several sites will pop up with instructions. If you can read and turn a screwdriver you can easily adjust that 9 lb. trigger. Just make sure you check everything when you're done. First make sure the gun is NOT LOADED then engage the safety and pull the trigger real hard then disengage the safety at least a dozen times. If the gun fires when you release the safety start over. Next slam the bolt closed with the safety off a bunch of times. Again, the gun shouldn't fire. Finaly with the gun cocked and the safety off, bounce the recoil pad hard on a carpeted floor a bunch of times. The gun should not fire.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Ernie the gunsmith on Ebay has trigger spring kits. I have found them to work well. I have a trigger you can have for cheap if you need it. Ken

�Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program." -- Milton Friedman
R
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
R
Thanks guys. Ken I could use that trigger. Shoot me a PM with the price and I will get the funds to you asap. This is what I was hoping for someone having an extra trigger laying around for parts. I will take some pics and maybe due a quick write up on the heavy trigger,I have a gauge but have not put it on there yet.
When I was shooting it last weekend it took for ever to fire as I was trying to squeeze it.

Like I said I know there is a ton of info on doing the trigger job just want to avoid any pitfalls.

I dunno, I've never been much for guns. I mean, sure, we have the usual gun by the door, another near the TV, one in the kitchen, and another in the bedroom.For the most part though, we keep our home free of guns. We are peace loving folks.
IC B2

R
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
R
Got the trigger from ken today and it was totally diffrent internals so no dice there. He has a compleate X-mark So I think I will just swap over to that.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

139 members (2ndwind, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 300_savage, 257robertsimp, 348srfun, 17 invisible), 1,859 guests, and 937 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,552
Posts18,510,398
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.