-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The way these discussions usually pan out here it appears that the self esteem issue also lies with the folks that don't own these high dollar scopes. Dave's love of S&B's is well documented as is his dislike of Leupold and their past practices but, to be honest I don't recall him looking down his nose at someone from a personal standpoint.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Matt in Virginia
fwiw,
I can't think of internet forum that this does not happen on. Go back a few years, or less, and some of the peace makers were hip deep in the stupidity. Poking the corpse from this newly found high ground rings especially weak for those who have read and participated here over the years...

Some of the nastiest "conversations" I ever had were with Donknows and Dave7mm. Their take, based on personal experience, varied wildly from my own and there was significant backlash... You know what? They happened to be right on more than a few points. I'll make no broad generalizations, however, they in essence opened my eyes to a world I had never experienced. Flash forward 7 or 8 years and it is amazing how ignorant one can be, and I am talking about myself here, in retrospect...

Now Don could be an overbearing PIA, however, I'll always be a little beholding to him for that revelation. No one, that I know, likes buying what they feel to be the best and later finding out they're not even in the running. That said it do happen...

One of my passions in life is a 35' Fountain Lightning that sees blue water too infrequently(especially since I've been out here). On the way back from open water, semi-permanent grin emblazened, and tearing up under my polarized Oakleys due to wind lash we stop at a local restaurant with about a dozen wet slips that will accommadate the boat. Tied off there she sets, hit the switch and admire(While appearing to look for leaks) the staggered 525 Mercs while the endorphins of an 95ish MPH run through my blood stream, and the thought of topping her off with BP/Amoco White Gas is still far off... How long does it last before the guys on the pier, or in the restaurant start complaining/argueing on the virtues of Cats versus V Hulls, inboards verus outboards, or how rude it is to run wet exhaust... Where do I stand in these arguements? In the "I could not give a [bleep] less grouping"... If you want a Cat buy one, want to run outboards run them, think Reggie is a rug wearing gold chained nutcase? Think it. Build a shrine and have T Shirts made to that effect. Hell you can even scream it to me as I back out of slip... I won't be completely ignoring you, exactly, it's just that the exhaust are just loud enough for me to ignore you while maintaining a smile and not being too rude...

Buy what you want and run what you brung... It does not get much simpler.

Regards, Matt Garrett

dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Calvin
I think the Self Esteem Crowd is actually a fitting name for a select group of posters who seem to have their entire self worth wrapped up in the fact they own a few expensive scopes. I'm sure their are plenty of S&B scope owners who don't sit at their computers day and night hitting refresh waiting for a thread to pop up where they can proclaim to the world they have 2 S&B scopes and how superior they are. (how's that for a run on sentence) As I said before, I have no problem with anybody who owns one. I want one. But, when start making up scenarios based on second hand info, with no evidence to support the claims, then it becomes Blather.

Plenty of evidence is out there that Leupold scopes get the job done in the field. Mountains of evidence.

No evidence is out there showing that a S&B has killed anything that a Leupold couldn't.

Interesting observation.....you should add,in order to demonstrate your own intelligence if for nothing else,that there is no evidence that you are aware of ......but then I suspect there are many things of which you are not aware...THAT is pretty evident...and not very surprising.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Lots of good scopes out there, I am perfectly happy with the Leupolds and have been for years.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
cfran posted,

It isn't hard as I can test em right out my back door and tell you which ones last longer in low light - in some cases you might get another 15 minutes with a better scope.

A case in point:
I compared my Bushnell 6500 4 1/2-30X50 to my 12-42X56 NightForce. I set them to 13X and focused them on the pump house 127 yards distance. I could easily read "This side up" stamped on the particle board wall. At the moment I could no longer read but had to start trying to disciper letters, I noted the time. For the Bushnell it was 6:42 PM. By turning it up to 18X I could again read the words. The NightForce easily distinguished the words until 6:59 and I could read them till 7:00 PM.

Glass can make a difference!

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Ringman
...Glass can make a difference!

Well...yeah!

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
What would be the best of all is for this thread to go away for another six years.....

Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

511 members (1lesfox, 01Foreman400, 007FJ, 160user, 1234, 1OntarioJim, 50 invisible), 1,813 guests, and 1,290 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,164
Posts18,523,511
Members74,030
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.