Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 25 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 24 25
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Actually, promoting proactive patriotism not thumb-sucking self serving whining.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Bristoe
I went to a Tea party gathering early on.

Politicians were at the podium.

Fortunately, it was a nice day so I walked home after staying long enough to see what it was.

it is a never ending source of amazement how you manage to forget that your Messiah has been a politician on the public teat for....what seven or eight terms?

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by Flyfast
Treason is pretty serious business to discuss.

Originally Posted by oldtrapper
Quite agree. Hope I wasn't taken for suggesting such.

lolol,..These two quotes are a good commentary on the state of the first amendment these days.

Who are you guys scared of?

I'm afraid of many things, clowns and avalanches being at the forefront. But this thread started with a description of members of the US Armed forces discussing the overthrow of our, like it or not, elected government.

Thus my point.

Murphy was an optimist.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
I went to a Tea party gathering early on.

Politicians were at the podium.

Fortunately, it was a nice day so I walked home after staying long enough to see what it was.

it is a never ending source of amazement how you manage to forget that your Messiah has been a politician on the public teat for....what seven or eight terms?

I don't recall Christ being into politics.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Christ is your Messiah?

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

IC B2

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Humor is often a great way to get out of a jam.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

lolol,..These two quotes are a good commentary on the state of the first amendment these days.

I'm afraid of many things, clowns and avalanches being at the forefront. But this thread started with a description of members of the US Armed forces discussing the overthrow of our, like it or not, elected government.

Thus my point.

Yeah, well,..that kinda chit's gonna happen in times like these.

Might as well get used to it.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Christ is your Messiah?

Is that surprising?

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Last I heard there was only one.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
,..although Steve_NO may want to argue even that point.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
Steve;

Respectfully, as per "against" the Constitution, should (God forbid) it ever come to that:

"The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people."

"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

"When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, -- That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security."
Another excellent post, Sean.

what is this, retard civics class? whiners who either don't participate in elections, or happened to be on the losing side of an election, and don't like the resulting policies now making internet blather about revolution. this is the kind of insanity the left fell into after the 2000 election.

GTF over it, move on, and vote the bastards out. it has happened more than a hundred times since the founding.....it's called congressional elections. and reciting the declaration as if it permits treason against the constitution by the losing side in elections doesn't really get you anywhere.

if you want to come out of the closet as coup plotters, who cannot accept the verdict of the ballot box, then come out. but don't pretend there is some constitutional basis for it.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

not directed at any member

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Steve_NO

what is this, retard civics class? whiners who either don't participate in elections, or happened to be on the losing side of an election, and don't like the resulting policies now making internet blather about revolution. this is the kind of insanity the left fell into after the 2000 election.

GTF over it, move on, and vote the bastards out. it has happened more than a hundred times since the founding.....it's called congressional elections. and reciting the declaration as if it permits treason against the constitution by the losing side in elections doesn't really get you anywhere.

if you want to come out of the closet as coup plotters, who cannot accept the verdict of the ballot box, then come out. but don't pretend there is some constitutional basis for it.

This message brought to you as a public service announcement of your government,...so watch your ass!

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
It'll make for a very difficult jury instruction,as well.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Thus my point.

As I recall, Hitler and his Nazi party started out as a lawfully elected government. I don't think the conversation the OP referenced was about a specific coup being planned, but most likely about under what condition(s) replacing a government would be required under the Constitution. I would be more concerned if our military was NOT willing to uphold the Constitution against domestic enemies in elected office than I'm afraid of our military turning us into a banana republic military dictatorship. There is a very important reason the military pledges their allegiance to the Constitution and not to the President, Congress, or the federal court system. Upholding the Constitution is not treason; by the same token, NOT upholding the Constitution IS treason.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think some mistake the rhetoric around here for the general feeling of Americans everywhere.

Not hardly.

Some folks spend too much time in the bubble.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
History repeats itself....the proof, is us.

[Linked Image]
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
What part/aspect of our past history is repeating itself now which compels such incendiary dialogue?

William Arthur Ward

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Ramblin_Razorback
Upholding the Constitution is not treason; by the same token, NOT upholding the Constitution IS treason.

actually no, it isn't....but making war on the United States government is. if you're pissed vote them out, file a lawsuit, give a speech, start a newspaper, write a blog. when you can't do any of those things because the government stopped you from it, then come back and talk about blood of tyrants and stuff like that.

but till, then don't make a fool of yourself...and the conservative movement...by talking 'bout no revolution.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Treason is what's going on in Washington on a massive scale. What's going on here is a discussion of ways to confront treason ... ways the Founding Fathers hoped Americans would always confront treason when it reared its ugly head.

Page 10 of 25 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 24 25

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

119 members (69sportfury, 17CalFan, Akhutr, 450yukon, 375sunrise, 907brass, 13 invisible), 1,554 guests, and 1,034 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,526
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.