Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
POC Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
My wife, ever the alarmist, is getting nervous about this. I told her we wil just have to suck it up and make due, living off the land. We have plent to do it.
She has a medical condition and requires pretty specialized medicine available from only a couple of pharmaceutical companies in the country, and oxygen at times. And her condition will only get worse, never better.
Anyway, I think if SHTF here, we're going to be SOL as far as her meds go anyways. With the new insurance changes coming....who knows what these meds will start costing us. Currently it is $150/mo. for her one special med, after insurance, before insurance it's $6,000/mo. There is no way we could swing that.
So back to my original question, where would be a friendly country to flee to? My wife has distant relatives in Italy....
Thanks,
POC

If anything I state appears to be medical advice, I am not a doctor; be sure to contact your family physician before making any changes in your medical regimine.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Please reassure your wife that the SHTF scenario is just a scenario. Stock up on meds for her, and stay put. Chances are you will not be going anywhere. I, and many others are here to use our voting power to make sure of it.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Run to IL. The southern part of that state is chock full of good folks.

Travis

POC Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Cartod
Stock up on meds for her, and stay put.

Can't be done, sent via FedEx to our house on a month by month basis.
But I will reassure her.
Thanks,
POC

If anything I state appears to be medical advice, I am not a doctor; be sure to contact your family physician before making any changes in your medical regimine.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
doubt it will or would be necessary

but I'd say Canada, buy a little place there now and vacation there if it's in the budget

Canucks are some of the finest folks on the planet ime.

but I'd go Western Canada if it were me and avoid the East Coast and big cities.

and if the SHTF, they are in far better shape financially than the USA

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
IC B2

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Where I you I'd get 2 cyanide pills. Some how running and $6,000 a month pills needed for a medical condition don't seem likely to mesh.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
R
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Where I you I'd get 2 cyanide pills. Some how running and $6,000 a month pills needed for a medical condition don't seem likely to mesh.
Ahhhh, the voice of compassion... eek

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
POC;

There are only a few meds that run that much, fewer still related to disorders that affect breathing, and damned few of those that don't allow at least a little reserve stockpile.

No offense, but y'all ain't running anywhere.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Something about "true colors" comes to mind.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I'm guessing if it gets that bad in this country there will be two certainties, 1) No one will be getting out (think New Orleans after Katrina), unless one has a BUNCH of money and 2) The remainder of world will be far from utopia.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by POC
My wife, ever the alarmist, is getting nervous about this. I told her we wil just have to suck it up and make due, living off the land. We have plent to do it.
She has a medical condition and requires pretty specialized medicine available from only a couple of pharmaceutical companies in the country, and oxygen at times. And her condition will only get worse, never better.
Anyway, I think if SHTF here, we're going to be SOL as far as her meds go anyways. With the new insurance changes coming....who knows what these meds will start costing us. Currently it is $150/mo. for her one special med, after insurance, before insurance it's $6,000/mo. There is no way we could swing that.
So back to my original question, where would be a friendly country to flee to? My wife has distant relatives in Italy....
Thanks,
POC
I would research countries where those specific meds weren't that expensive and go from there. Lots of questions. Would you need a job? That might vary from country to country. Some Central and South American countries have extremely low costs of living.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by ColeYounger
Something about "true colors" comes to mind.

And if your Cole's neighbor, get an extra

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by POC
Thanks,
POC
I would research countries where those specific meds weren't that expensive and go from there. Lots of questions. Would you need a job? That might vary from country to country. Some Central and South American countries have extremely low costs of living.

Would you need a job? So if [bleep] hits the fan the American dollar shouldn't be affected at all? WTF, greenbacks ain't gonna be your friend.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by POC
Thanks,
POC

Would you need a job? So if [bleep] hits the fan the American dollar shouldn't be affected at all? WTF, greenbacks ain't gonna be your friend.
You're a [bleep] moron. If I had plenty of money, I'd buy you a clue. I don't think they sell them big enough though.

Telling a man to kill his wife and commit suicide is very Blanish. How flippant, or is it glib, of you.

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Steelhead;

Please, leave logic out of this. It's too Monday, and too early for that schit....

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
"If we lose freedom here, there is no place to escape to. This is the last stand on Earth."

RONALD REAGAN, speech in support of Barry Goldwater, October 27, 1964

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by POC
Thanks,
POC

You're a [bleep] moron. If I had plenty of money, I'd buy you a clue. I don't think they sell them big enough though.

Telling a man to kill his wife and commit suicide is very Blanish. How flippant, or is it glib, of you.

Sweet Jesus you [bleep] tool, apparently you are too [bleep] obtuse to truly comprehend, but I don't expect many to catch the drift of the first post, and it has nothing to do with killing themselves.

I will tell you this, I'm sure glad we didn't have airplanes during the Revolutionary War. Imagine "Where should we go when the British invade" discussions. Of course those that left would have returned to reap the benefits fought for in blood and sweat by those that stayed.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Plinker
"If we lose freedom here, there is no place to escape to. This is the last stand on Earth."

RONALD REAGAN, speech in support of Barry Goldwater, October 27, 1964

PREZACTELY, but that was/is too difficult a concept for Cole to catch. Of course if I lived in a barn in Kansas [bleep] USA my entire life with not a clue about the rest of the world I'd have a pretty provincial view, well maybe.

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Too Monday..... Too early....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Some gold coins and .22LR's will save the day!!

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

552 members (1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 10gaugemag, 01Foreman400, 007FJ, 68 invisible), 2,365 guests, and 1,459 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,167
Posts18,484,520
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.