Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 24 of 25 1 2 22 23 24 25
srp Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Bristoe
When a President gets elected on a platform of cutting the federal budget by 75%, we'll be on the road to recovery.

Not until then.

I think I agree with Bristoe on that.

A fool uttereth all his mind - Proverbs 29:11

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by byc
Originally Posted by isaac
I'm digging the increase in value of what I own,though. My S&W 629 Mountain Gun has shot up over 450 since I bought it.

Is it a Talo 44 Mag? Blue or Stainless? Up $450 I like. Did not know that.

You have the wood box with the purple velvet insert?

You assume that Boob has any conception of what you just asked.

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by wildswalker
Mmmmm.......ironic, the same sentiment carries through to this day.

Volumes are insufficient to describe the horror, misery and desolation, awaiting the people at large in the Syren form of American independence. In short, I affirm that it would be most excellent policy in those who wish for TRUE LIBERTY to submit by an advantageous reconciliation to the authority of Great Britain; "to accomplish in the long run, what they cannot do by hypocrisy, fraud and force in the short one".

James Chalmers, Loyalist Tory, Phillidalphia, 1777

Yet again, I am amazed.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Eight Characteristics of the Loyalist Tory, circa American Revolution; Larabee, 1948.

Psychologically they were older, better established, and resisted innovation. They thought resistance to the Crown--the legitimate government--was morally wrong. They were alienated when the Patriots resorted to violence, such as burning houses and tarring and feathering. They wanted to take a middle-of-the road position and were angry when forced by the Patriots to declare their opposition. They had a long-standing sentimental attachment to Britain (often with business and family links). They were procrastinators who realized that independence was bound to come some day, but wanted to postpone the moment. They were rightly cautious and afraid of anarchy or tyranny that might come from mob rule, which did cost many their property and security after the revolution. Some say they were pessimists who lacked the confidence in the future displayed by the Patriots, while others point to the memory and dreadful experience of many Scottish immigrants who had already seen or paid the price of rebellion in dispossession and clearance from their prior homeland.

[Linked Image]
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Damn...

IC B2

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Sorry, I missed this David. It's the stainless,pre-lock version,in 4".

Some are now going for over a grand now and I bought it for just under 500 about 10 years ago. The lead from this gun isn't what kills things, it's the sound. It is one very loud summabich. I have about 150 rounds of 240 grs through it and about 20 rounds of snake loads. It's killed two timber rattlers and no animals save for maybe a half dead raccoon. The sound killed the raccoon too, I think. They say the new S&W 500 pistol grips make shooting this gun a good bit friendlier but I've not tried that out yet. I've never been bothered by a gun's recoil but the sound from this baby is body shaking loud.

[Linked Image]

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
God knows the sound had to kill the critters, as anyone who has seen you try to shoot a handgun would know it wasn't the bullet that did the killing.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Sorry, I missed this David. It's the stainless,pre-lock version,in 4".

Some are now going for over a grand now and I bought it for just under 500 about 10 years ago. The lead from this gun isn't what kills things, it's the sound. It is one very loud summabich. I have about 150 rounds of 240 grs through it and about 20 rounds of snake loads. It's killed two timber rattlers and no animals save for maybe a half dead raccoon. The sound killed the raccoon too, I think. They say the new S&W 500 pistol grips make shooting this gun a good bit friendlier but I've not tried that out yet. I've never been bothered by a gun's recoil but the sound from this baby is body shaking loud.

[Linked Image]
Identical to my own, except for caliber, mine being .45 ACP/AR.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Has yours had the nice jump in price since you bought it?

Last edited by isaac; 08/30/10.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Has yours had the nice jump in price since you bought it?
Haven't considered selling it.

IC B3

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
William Franklin, born 1731, prominent Loyalist Tory....

Fought for the Crown in the American Regiment during King George's War 1744-1748, commissioned by George III in 1763 to be Governor of New Jersey, arrested in 1776 by the Provincial Congress of New Jersey, exiled to England in 1782 never to return to America, died in 1813.

William Franklin....son of Benjamin Franklin, Founding Father.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hey Wilds,

I never knew that until I saw a special on Franklin on the History Channel.

Pretty amazing.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Fighting in a war beginning at age 13 is rather amazing, as well.

William Arthur Ward

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
~

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
treasonous acts

The only cure for life and death is to enjoy the interval.
George Santayana
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
tick tock, tick tock...............

MM

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Hugh,

I, too, have experienced many college educated, learned people discussing the same topic. My gravest reservation is that I have studied revolutions & ruthless dictators. Keeping in mind that totalitarian regimes always arise from the left, our country is dominated by leftists. Technology has progressed to a degree unfathomable in previous revolutions. Translated: in a revolution has the potential for tens of millions of dead Americans. That figure is only an educated guess. If anything, the number of dead Americans could easily be far more. That is not an outcome I am willing to accept, especially in light of the fact that I have three kids.

Any American president is the most powerful man in the world as long as our military allows him to hold that position. The second our military says he isn't, he's done. With that in mind and the fact that I don't want to live under military control, I am willing to consider it if the only other option is continued erosion of our constitutional rights.

I am a dyed-in-the-wool conservative. I love freedom; more specifically, freedom as bequeathed to us by our Founding Fathers.

I do have doubts about whether our military will turn its weapons on us. If there were no doubt it would, President Bush 43 wouldn't have signed the North American Military Agreement in 2008 that allows the Canadian military to breach our borders -an act of war- to kill us. If that were to occur, I believe our military would prevent it; that and I don't think the Canadian military would kill its southern brethren.

As it now stands in our country, I have more faith in our military than in any branch of our government. I do believe that a West Point general would not allow his army to destroy his country. However, this is merely a belief. I have no factual knowledge that my belief is reality.

Keep an eye on our economy. It will presage predictable governmental responses. If our economy presents omens that it's about to collapse, expect drastic governmental action, specifically martial law. Under martial law, we will have no rights.

Take care,

Tom

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by HugAJackass
I never thought I'd live to hear this kind of talk. Further more I never thought I'd live to understand, relate to, and kind of agree with it.

It used to be that only fringe extreme whackos would be heard discussing the overthrow of our Federal Government. Now, more and more I am hearing normal, level headed, reasonable people start to ask the question, is a revolution needed?

Well, tonight at dinner at the DFAC (dining facility for you civi's) I actually heard soldiers (both NCO's and Officers) openly discussing it. For them, that's extreme as it is VERY punishable under UCMJ, but sure enough they were asking the same questions that many of us have, but openly. I didn't want to see these guys get into trouble so I leaned over and told them that though I can relate to their topic, that they may want to be careful who can overhear them.

Are any of you as heartbroken, worried, concerned, or surprised that our state of affairs have come to this point as I am?

Never have we as a Nation been so polarized since the Civil War. It's a sad time in our history. It breaks my heart, but I completely understand.

That's mess hall NOT dining facility! grin

Seriously, voting isn't going to do it. I don't want to see a civil war either but it's coming.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Archerhunter
I actually believe any "civil war" is a long, long ways off.

But I also believe the gov't needs to be hearing the murmur... NOW!

That's what the British thought too in 1776. Then the British march on Lexington and Concord for the guns and the fight was on.

That's what is going to happen again. The war will bloody and brutal.

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by oldtrapper
I think it is worth considering that Gandhi overcame the British empire with civil disobedience. Given the incredible, sheer horror of a civil war, I believe there are a fair number of options that come first. Genuine aggressive targeted political activism must come first, boots on the ground politics. Conservatism is not used to this, but the time has come. We need to be better informed, able and willing to make the case within in our circles of influence.

America is NOT the British Empire. Civil disobedience won't get it done. I've been there and done that. It's war or slavery take your pick.

Dang, I sound like Samuel Adams and Patrick Henry.

Page 24 of 25 1 2 22 23 24 25

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

528 members (10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 1Akshooter, 222Sako, 01Foreman400, 21, 56 invisible), 2,454 guests, and 1,215 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,454
Posts18,489,688
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.