Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
L
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
L
Hey folks, I'm looking at getting T/C Black Mountain Mag. rifle. I was wondering if nyone has any experience with this fella. I currently have a Hopkins and Allen underhammer in 50 cal I built, and it does shoot good, but the 1 in 66 twist rate kind of limits my bullet choices. Here's what T/C claims:<P>Where Tradition Meets Technology<BR>T/C's Black Mountain Magnum was designed for hunters who desire the looks and handling of a traditional side lock, but want the state of the art performance of a modern styled in-line. The Black Mountain Magnum .50 Caliber rifle has a 26" barrel with a 1 in 28" twist; designed for use with modern sabots or conical bullets (the .54 caliber rifle has a 1 in 38" twist). Its QLA�<BR>Muzzle System improves accuracy by providing exact bullet alignment from shot to shot, and it makes reloading a follow-up shot in the field "a snap". The composite stock is completely weatherproof, and the rugged steel adjustable sights (with fiber optic inserts) feature competition click adjustments and rugged durability for any hunting situation.<BR>The internal breech area of the Black Mountain Magnum has been designed specifically to accommodate the modern Pyrodex� Pellets as well as loose black powder or Pyrodex�, and coupled with musket cap ignition, it is as reliable and powerful as any muzzleloader in the market today.<P>I have found them at prices in the $300 range. Anybody have one, an opinion, what ya think?<BR>

GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
It's hard to beat a TC product in my opinion. I have a Black Diamond with the QLA system on it and it does make second shots easier. The website doesn't show the firing mechanism but I would make sure it doesn't have the same system as in the Firestorm. The Firestorm will shoot loose powder all day but is unreliable with pellets.<BR>Hope this helps.<P>Wall<P>

G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G
i have a Black Mountain Magnum, and so far i like it, it is reliable, shoots well, it likes T/C maxi-balls and around 110 gr of FFg. dont use Pyro-crap pellets they are junk. the rifle handles nice, is light, and i really like the fiber-optic sights. oh yeah and groups....at 100 yards i get anywhere from 2" to 3" inch groups with the open sights, depending on the day. its like any black powder rifle you have to search for the load it likes....gut

L
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
L
Thanks guys, I have posted this on a couple of other boards, and have gotten mainly positive responses. I have never liked Pyrodx loose or in pellets, I'll only use BP, in my other guns, Hopkina and Allen underhammer, and a 1861 Springfield, I notice the lock time is much slower with Pyrodx, and BP is cheaper. The order goes in today, thanks again!! [Linked Image]

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

275 members (222Sako, 12344mag, 160user, 1badf350, 10Glocks, 257 roberts, 33 invisible), 1,970 guests, and 975 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,539
Posts18,531,126
Members74,039
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.