Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
mike762 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
...gas cans and find that you can't get them any more because of the Kalifornia Air Resources Board. Seems they don't have spill proof and child proof nozzles, so Kali banned them and now they are virtually unavailable anywhere. Sheesh, talk about bureaucracy run wild.

If the American People allow private banks to control the issuance of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks..., will deprive the People of all their Property,...Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well, at least they saved you from hurting yourself! mad

Last edited by bruinruin; 09/05/10.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by bruinruin
Well, at least they saved you from hurting yourself! mad

You sure about that? He IS in Tenn... wink

If you're fixin' to put a hole in something,
make it a hole to remember.
M
mike762 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Never could use those child proof lids on pharmaceuticals, so I doubt that I could on a gas can either. What the heck is a "child" doing with a 5G gas can anyway?

If the American People allow private banks to control the issuance of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks..., will deprive the People of all their Property,...Thomas Jefferson
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Gotta love cali and other states. something you grew up with was OK at that time but now........its bad.

How did man kind ever survive without kali mad

IC B2

M
mike762 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
The ultimate nanny state for sure. God help us.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by mike762
...gas cans and find that you can't get them any more because of the Kalifornia Air Resources Board. Seems they don't have spill proof and child proof nozzles, so Kali banned them and now they are virtually unavailable anywhere. Sheesh, talk about bureaucracy run wild.

Yes, but you have gooberment what more could you ask for?

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

M
mike762 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
No government?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by mike762
No government?

I'm with you there.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Boy if Kali is proof that big govt is good we are all screwed.

Honestly the worst thing about kali is that alot of good folks still are trapped there.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Roger that Joel

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

M
mike762 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Joel/AK
Boy if Kali is proof that big govt is good we are all screwed.

Honestly the worst thing about kali is that alot of good folks still are trapped there.

Yeah, I have relatives there. About two are worth saving; the rest are worthless and have been drinking the .gov Kool Aid for years. We had a big family reunion up in Alleghany in 1990, and I damn near came to fisticuffs with a couple of my cousins who thought that the Roberti Roos AWB was the cats a$$. I'm glad I left in late '90. Been back to visit, but that ended 6 month ago when my Aunt died. No reason to go any more. Damn shame as it's a beautiful state, but it's way too f'd up to spend money there.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Big Brother and Big Nanny always know what's best for you ... and if you don't like it, they will come kill you.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Mike....Can't Northern Tool and Equipment just ship you what you want??

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Too simple Bob.

Run for your life,surrender or stand up and fight!
M
mike762 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
They have a Chinese copy of the old style US 5G can, but it has the new and "improved" CARB legal childproof spout. I'm looking for the NATO style 5G/20L with lever lock spout, or the original USGI 5G with screw spout. Both are hard to come by nowadays thanks to the bureaurats.

Kind of like the Lister type diesel motors. The things are stone simple, last forever, and only burn .5G of diesel per hour under load. They turn at 650 rpm, but the EPA in their infinite wisdom has banned their importation. Too much "particulate matter" or some horse$hit. I'm having to import the same thing as an air compressor from India, and then convert it to a motor if I want one. JFL.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Good functional gas cans are difficult if not impossible to find because of idiots and lawyers. Most Campfire members exempted.

�Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program." -- Milton Friedman
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Mike...maybe one of your Canadian buddies can get you what you need. I don't think they put up with this kind of schit.

Last edited by isaac; 09/05/10.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

M
mike762 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Yes, they can. Sceptre makes damn fine MilSpec gas cans, but the problem is clearing customs. Evidently the EPA has, as usual, directly copied the CARB requirements for 'cans. Now if one of our Canadian brethren were to come to Caryonah, and bring 5 or 6 MilSpec Sceptre cans with him, I would be happy to pay him his cost plus a carrying fee.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I wonder if those cans could be used to store water or olive oil or something. wink

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

390 members (21, 160user, 22250rem, 01Foreman400, 257 mag, 2500HD, 33 invisible), 2,255 guests, and 1,051 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,508
Posts18,490,691
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.