Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by purplefox66
Jeorge you are nothing but a worthliss [bleep] azz hole So just go and puck yourself.

If you are looking for a "worthliss [bleep] azz hole" try looking in the mirror and you will find one...

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
GB1

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Originally Posted by jwp475
Jeorge you are nothing but a worthliss [bleep] azz hole So just go and puck yourself.

If you are looking for a "worthliss [bleep] azz hole" try looking in the mirror and you will find one...
yes your as worthless as that pice of [bleep] jorge so go puck yourself to.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I love Weatherby rifles but admit I love the cartridges just as much, maybe a bit more! My very first big game rifle was a MkV in 270WM, later I added a 340Wby. Both of those were from the made in Japan early '70s period and frankly the quality of today's offerings is much better. I've handled a number of the German built MkVs and I'm not sure I'd pick one of those over what they're making now. My current 223 is one of their now discontinued Predator Masters and it looks, shoots and feels about as good as any lightweight rifle can for me. Last winter I bought a 257WM in the Vanguard Sub-MOA version and it's a nice gun but if I could do it over I'd buy their Ultra Light MkV. The extra 2" of barrel and much lighter weight would be nice, and for me it just isn't a "real" Wby unless it has the MkV action. I also prefer the looks of a MkV action in a stock that follows the Wby pattern. If I want a classic looking rifle I'll build it on a M70...

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

You need to take your own advise. You had no call to start the [bleep] slinging to begin with.

You need to settle down a bit and contribute something meaningful or go away

The proper spelling is "piece" not "pice"

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

And it's you're ( a contraction of you and are ) rather than your.
Not to mention worthless and not worthliss.

I don't always agree with either Jorge or JWP, nor them with me but they both have contributed plenty to this site.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I don't always agree with anyone, however purplefox you need to get back on your meds.

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
See Ingwe, everybody gets drawn into the mystique once in a while. I just never left! smile

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Purplephallus,one only need to read you posting history here to make their own conclusions but if you are going to insult me at least get my name right and you might want to work on your syntax and sentence structure lest someone might think you're an ignorant dolt. Ooops, too late, but work on it.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
go [bleep] you,re self you ass hole.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Right back at you.. It seems that your vocabulary is a bit limited

Last edited by jwp475; 09/06/10.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm chuckling with no dog in this mud fight, but purplefox, it's an apostrophe, located next to the "enter" button on your keyboard, immediately to the left. Then you can use the proper contraction of "you're", but "yourself" is not a contraction, but rather a compound word that serves as a reciprocal pronoun in most sentence structures.

Selmer

"Daddy, can you sometime maybe please go shoot a water buffalo so we can have that for supper? Please? And can I come along? Does it taste like deer?"
- my 3-year old daughter smile
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Right back at you.. It seems that your vocabulary is a bit limited

Much like his intellect.

And probably his age as well.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm bored, kinda having fun watching this thread...

Selmer

"Daddy, can you sometime maybe please go shoot a water buffalo so we can have that for supper? Please? And can I come along? Does it taste like deer?"
- my 3-year old daughter smile
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I was going to suggest that he read Carnegie's book How to Win Friends and Influence People but I don't think he's much of a reader.

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B

pplfox66; I know you didn't understand what selmer said...that would have taken some effort on your part in fifth grade. What he was telling you is that your apostrophe fell down.
Nothing worse that a fallen apostrophe when a guy's trying to look tough on the internet. Makes him look like a buffoon, and people laugh at him. Like now.

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Purplefox..you're not worthy to even sit at jorges' keyboard much less participate in ADULT conversation..do everyone a favor and hit your off button you don't impress me or anyone else!!!

You better be afraid of a ghost!!

"Woody you were baptized in prop wash"..crossfireoops

Woody
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Foul language is an illiterate mind trying to express itself.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Back to the original topic.Seems like a moot point on the cocking indicator one way or another. I traded off a reproduction M12 Winchester 20 ga. that hadn't smoothed up in 1000 rds of skeet shooting for a Wthby Mark V Sporter(not the Deluxe) and a small amt. of boot in 270 Weatherby Mag.. For a Mark V it was fairly plain,that's the Sporter but still had that Weatherby shape and it felt good to me.
The rifle came with a Beuhler one piece base and rings. The only scope that I had at the time long enuf for this mount was 6x Burris which is a favorite of mine. So on it went, scope boresighted right up no problems. Looked good and felt better.
It took awhile to round up the dies and cases. I started with 130 gr bullets and tried 3 or 4 but it didn't shoot very tight groups. One day for the heck of it I used IMR 7828 and 150 gr Hornady SP with Fed 215's ,no more group problems. 3 shots under a quarter (the coin) at 100 yds,repeatable and I quit the load developement on the spot.
I've shot 3 of my largest Whitetail bucks with it, all on public land which is strange enuf, so I consider it a lucky gun and it has never let me down yet.Still has that old 6x Burris on it and that won't change either. Never bothered with any other loads for it , those 150's at 3100fps get the job done.Hope my paragraphs are better today. Magnum_Man

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
This thread is so far off base, now... where's all the gorgeous nekkid wimmin?!

Its just amazing how far off course one person can take a perfectly good thread. When certified gun loonies are forced to reduce themselves to second grade composition tutors, a serious problem has definitely arisen!

I think I now understand how Lee24 must have felt!!!! Where's all the gorgeous nekkid wimmin?

"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry." - Thomas Jefferson

"Normal" isn't coming back; Jesus is!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Reloder28
Originally Posted by 1234567
Weatherby might have been the first to have an enclosed bolt shroud. The cocking piece is not visable on an enclosed bolt shroud.

Mine is very visible on my Mark V. It even has a very conspicuous red dot on it.

That is not the cocking piece. It is a tab connected to the cocking piece. It was put there to serve as an indicater when the firing pin is cocked.

Mine does not have a red dot. My rifle is pretty old and the tab was blued. I colored it with red finger nail polish.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

531 members (10Glocks, 219 Wasp, 21, 1minute, 260madman, 1OntarioJim, 58 invisible), 2,426 guests, and 1,208 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,431
Posts18,489,256
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.