Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Obama is back at it again. He wants to create a new 50 billion dollar work program to employ Americans. On the surface it does sound like a great deal, he will CREATE new jobs for Americans building highways, bridges, runways and railwaysetc.

Unfortunately,a lot of America will suck this up as being what will actually happen with the billions of dollars and simply swallow the spending of an already broke gomerment of another 50 billion we don't have.

The TRUTH to these construction projects is.

Any time a project uses Federal money, the open bidding process must be used. Unfortunately,the only people that can actually bid is existing companies. The Gooberment will require Bid Bonds, Performance Bonds and a lot of other requirements that most companies just cannot comply with. Therefore the "Jobs" will go to existing companies that will not be creating NEW jobs, they will use their existing people to do the work,not that, that is bad, just not what O bambam want us to think.
Another thing is, even if a job is created it will only be in the road building kind of business, certainly not something that will be of any benefit to the majority of Americans and the jobs will be mostly short time employment.

The reason I feel confident in posting such negative comments is I have first hand experience from several years ago when I administered a Community Development Block Grant which is a Federal project. We were REQUIRED to install a 5' X 8' sigh stating mostly that this particular gomerment department was "creating new jobs for your community"
Out of the several million dollars spent, there was in fact 1 job created. It was for a flagman and the job lasted 2 weeks. I know this because one of my responsibilities was to monitor all funds and payrolls.
Don't get me wrong, there was in fact some good work done, some municipal projects were completed, but, the impact the Gooberment was humping... Jobs.. was a farce. It was Just ANOTHER Government lie that most honest folks believed in as they believed the government was being honest.
I know better and I hope people would start to question ANYTHING said by our Gomerment and ALL politicians as they both lie to achieve the ends THEY want. Honesty is not part of their pledge when they take office is it?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
On NBC he just said to his Union audience that he was going to work everyday, every hour and every minute until we have our jobs. Sure would like to see that POS after four days without sleep. Oh and which Media source is going to take him to task on it? Bet the liar is on vacation again before we see any jobs.

Last edited by 17ACKLEYBEE; 09/06/10.

NRA Lifetime Member
R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
It really doesn't matter all that much to me any more. It is too bad people don't seem to understand that the Federal Government cannot really create jobs for long. It takes lots of small and large non government companies making goods people want and need. It certainly isn't a new road we need. We need a new direction and Obama is not even close to what we really need. Unless of course you are on welfare, then he is a great President.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by 17ACKLEYBEE
On NBC he just said to his Union audience that he was going to work everyday, every hour and every minute until we have our jobs.
Yeah, right.. Lie # 1-zillion..

Sure would like to see that POS after four days without sleep.
I just wanna see his azz out of office..
Oh and which Media source is going to take him to task on it?
You really hafta ask??
Bet the liar is on vacation again before we see any jobs.
Maybe Bob will take that bet.. laugh laugh laugh

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

529 members (10gaugemag, 257 roberts, 19rabbit52, 204guy, 2500HD, 222Sako, 57 invisible), 2,263 guests, and 1,260 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,499
Posts18,509,181
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.