Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Magnumdood
Originally Posted by nsaqam
...Enjoy using the dysfunctional but gun friendly Gpal!

Is GunPal even still in business? Last I heard they were having some serious problems making payments with other peoples' money.

I'm not sure but I've heard the same reports.

They won't get any of my business even though I do (did?) have an account with them.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
More over priced than gun shows not going there.

NRA Lifetime Member
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Enjoy using the dysfunctional but gun friendly Gpal!

Why would you think I had to use gpal? Would have used them if I needed to, but so far everybody but fleaBay allows buyers to use money orders.

And don't worry, lots of folks don't bother to support the 2nd Amendment in any meaningful way . It's America, you have to right to support any anti-firearm company you like.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sure happy I'm American!

Last edited by nsaqam; 09/06/10.

I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 17ACKLEYBEE

Only if you buy the overpriced stuff.

Paid $399 for a T3, $430 for a mint LH M77 MkII with a Burris Fullfield scope, and $440 for a 99EG I sold locally for $560.

IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Bristoe
I've not bought a lot of guns on Gunbroker, but I've discovered a few sellers who are very honest and professional in their dealings and I make it a point to check in on their offerings when I'm looking for something.

I will admit that there's a huge number of people who use Gunbroker and the other auction sites to just to see if they can scoop totally unreasonable prices for their guns.

You have to wade through them to find the bargains,...but there's bargains to be had on the auction sites.

As for someone blocking my bids,...it's never happened to me, but if it did, I'd leave some very negative feedback on them.
Ditto..

It also might be that the seller has had at least one (maybe more) very bad experiences with non-rated buyers (non-paying??) and just decided they're not worth his trouble/time...

On the other side, I won't bid on any item offered by a non-rated seller.. Someone else can take a chance - I won't..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I've bought several rifles on GB and have had a perfect outcome every time.

I also happily use and recommend Paypal. Never anything but great convenience and secure transactions. I think everybody should use it but that's just my preference.

Paypal sucks dog testicles.

I let my wife sell something on my account on Ebay. Some dumb bitch out in Washington wins the auction and pays. Paypal doesn't release funds though (even though my paypal account is like 7 years old and perfect record) until the buyer get's around to giving feedback or so many days after certified delivery.

Dumb bitch isn't home when USPS tries to deliver and doesn't respond to USPS delivery notes. Paypal doesn't give a shyt that the stupid cnt is too busy eating twinkies and watching Oprah, to go to the post office to pick it up.

Took a month to get our money. Paypal can suck my balls.

[Linked Image]

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 17ACKLEYBEE

Only if you buy the overpriced stuff.

Paid $399 for a T3, $430 for a mint LH M77 MkII with a Burris Fullfield scope, and $440 for a 99EG I sold locally for $560.

True.. Work at the online auctions hard enough and you'll find some screaming deals for folks who don't know what they have. 99% of stuff is overpriced, but just once in a while you'll do very well.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
As for someone blocking my bids,...it's never happened to me, but if it did, I'd leave some very negative feedback on them.
How? You can't leave feedback unless you win the itme and you can't win the item if your bids are blocked.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Ebay and Paypal has never taken a single round of ammunition or a single firearm from me and I don't expect either of them to do so in the future.
If you use paypal for firearm/ammo purchases, they will close your account and never allow you to open another one. And it won't matter if you authorized someone to pay you with paypal. If they have a chance to freeze your account and steal your money at the same time, they will do that too. Ebay and paypal are firearms Nazi's. If you like dealing with those who contest and attempt to deny your fundamental rights, have at it. I detest them both.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by croldfort
TLEE

Why not GunsAmerica? It is the only one that I do use. I am not in to auctions. I would rather bargain. I will not use PayPal. I have a CC. I did use a POMO, until they lost the letter, and I was out the price again for 60 days. Now I try to talk the seller into taking a personal check and wait for delivery until it clears.

George

Guns America is an over priced flea market IMHO and although there is a lot of members at gunbroker I don't seem to see the actual buying traffic, my offerings rarely last more than a week on AA unless it is very pricey or exotic. I sell on AA right now for myself and another shop and did for a third one till the owner retired. I will be picking up a third in a couple of months again once they get all set up.

My thoughts are based purely on results, not numbers of members.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
There is one slightly more cynical reason for being blocked: your high bid was a lot less than the seller wanted to sell for, so he has a friend make a fake bid and blocks you from bidding again. A short while after the friend "wins", the seller re-lists the item.

I have sold a few items on Auction Arms, and am happy (even though their website is a nightmare to negotiate).

I accept Paypal for my books because it's about the only way to sell books through Amazon or B&N now that I no longer accept credit cards. I hate the need to do so, given their tactics, but that's the way it is.

One warning to all: Money orders and certified checks are now utterly unsafe to accept. Scammers send a fraudulent MO or check. You deposit it and ship the article. Two weeks later, the bank discovers the MO/CC was a fake and dings your account for the total. You are out the money AND the item.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I only take USPS money orders and cash them at the P. O. before I ship.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Let me add, stay away from G-pal (formerly Gunpal), it took me 80 days to get me funds from a scope that I sold here. You will get nothing but excuses and delays in why your funds have not been transferred to you account.

Official member of "The Clan of Turd-like People"

[Linked Image]
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

210 members (300_savage, 1_deuce, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 260Remguy, 26 invisible), 1,995 guests, and 1,056 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,747
Posts18,495,202
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.