Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
H
hotsoup Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
what gives? i was the high bidder on an item, saw that someone out bid me by 5.00, so when i went to bid higher, i had an instant response from gunbroker informing me the seller had blocked me from bidding. does anyone know why something like this coours? thanks

GB1

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Do you have bad feedback or no feedback? Rarely there are sellers that don't want to deal with new buyers because of past problems. Other than that I couldn't guess, unless maybe seller wants to sell the item to that particular buyer and is blocking other bids.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
There's a reason why I never deal with auction sites.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Depends on you feedback rating. I do not use Gunsamerica or gunbroker though. Auctionarms exclusively for me, no offense Rick, just higher traffic.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

H
hotsoup Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
perhaps it is because i have a "nr" after my name, as in "no rating". however, i have bought at least one shotgun off gunbroker, and one rifle that i can recall, and everything went smoothly. no big deal. lots of guns out there for sale. thanks for the responses.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
When the auction is initiated, the seller is given the opportunity to limit bidding to those with previous purchases. They can also block bidders if desired. I never blocked those with no history, because I saw no advantage to do so.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I've not bought a lot of guns on Gunbroker, but I've discovered a few sellers who are very honest and professional in their dealings and I make it a point to check in on their offerings when I'm looking for something.

I will admit that there's a huge number of people who use Gunbroker and the other auction sites to just to see if they can scoop totally unreasonable prices for their guns.

You have to wade through them to find the bargains,...but there's bargains to be had on the auction sites.

As for someone blocking my bids,...it's never happened to me, but if it did, I'd leave some very negative feedback on them.

G
G
The "Block This Bidder" button is in a vulnerable position on the Seller page, to the right of the winning Bidder. The seller may have made an error.
I recently won a BUY NOW auction. The Seller hit the wrong button, re-listed the auction, and sold my item again... TWICE. Stuff happens.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Haven't been blocked on Gunbroker, but was blocked a couple of times on Fleabay because I didn't have a ripoffpal account. That was a condition the seller placed on his listings.
Don't know why on GB, but probable your NR rating because previous feedbacks were not left for you.
I always try to leave good feedback for a good seller, and hope they will do the same for me.

Myron

edit: my comment was intended for hotsoup, not Bristoe.

Last edited by speedsixman; 09/07/10.

How many peckers can a Pecker Checker check if a Pecker Checker could check peckers?
(stolen from shootinurse)
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I've never had a problem, either buying or selling, on Gunbroker so I continue to use it.

On eBay, if I find something that I want to bid on, I contact the seller first and ask if a U.S. Postal money order will suffice as payment. Generally they will agree to this form of payment.

I refuse to sign up for Pay Pal.

Keep your gun-hand ready and your eyes peeled.
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have bought several guns on gunbroker with no issues. To me..doesn't make much sense.. Could be an error.

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Not sure I understand this Gunbroker has way more "inventory" so my belief is there's way more activity on GB. I have bought a number firearms on GB and sold a few as well. Excellent experience.

I personally had a bad experience on AuctionArms where the owner interjected himself into the situation and defended a seller that is a friend of his and had seriously misrepresented an item. No business of mine going there anymore.

I would guess the seller is a bit anal. No reason to write off the entire sight because of 1 seller.

Montana MOFO
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
On my first and only gunbroker adventure, I lost $300.00 to an unscrupulous dealer. Never again. mad

Last edited by jnyork; 09/06/10.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've bought several rifles on GB and have had a perfect outcome every time.

I also happily use and recommend Paypal. Never anything but great convenience and secure transactions. I think everybody should use it but that's just my preference.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by nsaqam

I also happily use and recommend Paypal. Never anything but great convenience and secure transactions. I think everybody should use it but that's just my preference.

wait till they tell you,"yes your right...but you have to pay anyway."

[the member formerly known as fluffy}
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Why anybody that supports the 2nd amendment would work with Paypal/eBay eludes me. Haven't done a single deal on fleabay since they required Paypal, and never will until they change their rules regarding firearms/ammunition/magazines/etc.

Guess supporting the 2nd amendment is all right for a lot of folks just so long as it doesn't inconvenience them.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Calhoun, I don't base every decision in my life around a single issue.
Feel free to do so if you please but I'm perfectly happy with my choices.

Ebay and Paypal has never taken a single round of ammunition or a single firearm from me and I don't expect either of them to do so in the future.

Enjoy using the dysfunctional but gun friendly Gpal!

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
nsagam -
You are welcome to use Ripoffpal if you choose, but losing $140.00 in a ripoff deal was enough for me. They were NO help in resolving it.

Myron

How many peckers can a Pecker Checker check if a Pecker Checker could check peckers?
(stolen from shootinurse)
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
TLEE

Why not GunsAmerica? It is the only one that I do use. I am not in to auctions. I would rather bargain. I will not use PayPal. I have a CC. I did use a POMO, until they lost the letter, and I was out the price again for 60 days. Now I try to talk the seller into taking a personal check and wait for delivery until it clears.

George

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
...Enjoy using the dysfunctional but gun friendly Gpal!

Is GunPal even still in business? Last I heard they were having some serious problems making payments with other peoples' money.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

586 members (1lessdog, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 007FJ, 17CalFan, 59 invisible), 2,485 guests, and 1,329 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,472
Posts18,471,452
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.