-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hopefully he let his new found friends go first!! :):)

GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
About the only thing I have found was a old forgotten bridge. It dates back to the early 1900's.

[Linked Image]

F
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
F
Found an iron wagon tire someone had leaned up against a tree a long time ago. The tree was probably a foot in diameter and had grown around the tire. The tire was imbedded a good three inches in the tree. Not to far away was a roll of barbed wire that had grown into a tree also, but was not as deeply imbedded. Area is along one of the imigrant trails in the Sierra's.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
A box containing several very old sticks TNT at an abandoned mine site located in the central Cascade Mountains of Washington State.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
a 69 Plymouth road runner convertible had a mequite tree growing up though the engine compartment(no motor). my buddy traded it to a guy from Austin for a 71 and a 72 cuba. turned out convertible RR are rare

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
IC B2

G
G
I was in the middle of nowhere. And I mean middle. Hiked in probably 4 miles from the road. Sitting behind a stump was a guitar in a case and a copper oil can. Strangest thing I have ever seen. Guitar was in OK shape. Oil can was rusty. Both pretty cool

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Found a pair of Zeiss binoculars..They were fogged on one side. Sent them in and came back like new.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Nothing as cool as some of the others but,

Hiking on the AT just above Hiawasee,GA there is plane wreckage, pretty cool.

Pulled a Coleman Gas stove out of the Tacoa River in Ga. Bought some parts and it still runs today.

Dove hunting a plowed field found a arrow head.

Squirrel hunting near Lake Wylie SC found a slave burial site. Was pretty moving. These dated back to the mid 1800s the best I could figure. I can't remember how we came to that conclusion, except the the newest of the headstones, which were the size of bricks, was 1906. The others were barely left.

Proverbs
- A wise man feareth, and departs from evil: but the fool rages, in confidence.
- It is honor for a man to cease from strife: but every fool will meddle.
- Mischief is as sport to a fool: but a man of understanding hath wisdom.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Does yellow matter custard, dripping from a dead dogs eye count?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
How did copper rust?

Jeff

IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Not 100% copper, A lot of "copper" stuff is plated steel. Copper is too expensive and malleable (it crushes too easy).

Bad decisions make good stories.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Saw a Red Tail hawk catch a Fox squirrel under my treestand...pretty cool!

Buy once, cry once.
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Found a pair of blister pack type Bushnells laying against a stump. That's about as good as it gets for me.

Funny thing was, five guys hiked back in a mile 'cause their dad forgot his binoculars. "oh, you mean these?"

J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
Ok. Now that y'all have found ALL OF MY STUFF, I want it all back.

Browning A-Bolt Hunter. 300WSM - Vais muzzle brake - 2lb Timney trigger - Gander Mtn. Black-T coating - Nikon Buckmasters 4.5-12x50 in Leupold rings and bases - custom scratch on stock from treestand.
J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
Ha ha. I guess the coolest thing I ever found while huntin was a big eight point buck. I was fifteen, walkin the creek by my dad's house huntin wood ducks. I had been huntin since daylight and it was about 3 o'clock when I heard a rifle shot so close, I immediately hit the ground. After a few minutes of wonderin if they was shootin at me, I heard a crash, and then a big splash in the creek. I crawled over to the bank and there was a big 8 point buck layin dead in the shallow water. I yelled for the hunter that I'd found his deer and after helpin get it out of the creek, he thanked me by giving me the backstraps.

Browning A-Bolt Hunter. 300WSM - Vais muzzle brake - 2lb Timney trigger - Gander Mtn. Black-T coating - Nikon Buckmasters 4.5-12x50 in Leupold rings and bases - custom scratch on stock from treestand.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It was embedded into the ground about 4 to 5",with a lot of iron filings stuck to it.Think a very hairy rock!!It's about the size of your fist.It was found on and old logging road in an area which normally has nothing but white quartz everywhere.It was verified at the Charlotte Natural Museum a few days later.I let them display it for a year. It's lost it magnetism now,but my daughter keeps it on her fireplace mantle,she still thinks it's cool.

Come on America,
Athletes and actors are not heroes, only soldiers, airmen,marines and sailors get that respect�and let's add firemen and LEO's

J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
Sooo....what was "IT"?

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by deerhunter5555
Saw a Red Tail hawk catch a Fox squirrel under my treestand...pretty cool!

I was sitting against a tree trunk duck hunting once and a hawk dived on a kingfisher that was flying by just above the water. The hawk missed and hit the water with a splash. When he recovered he flew to a limb just above my head and perched there a while dripping water on me. Pretty neat.

" A little solitude is a mighty precious thing "
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Found a meteorite in NC,1979
I was answering another poster,who wanted some details...

Come on America,
Athletes and actors are not heroes, only soldiers, airmen,marines and sailors get that respect�and let's add firemen and LEO's

J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
Cool

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

111 members (44mc, anothergun, 6mmCreedmoor, 10Glocks, AceBall, 14 invisible), 1,652 guests, and 982 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,449
Posts18,528,831
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.