Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Do not send a dime to Glassman! He's hacked into someone's PayPal account and it's a scam! Luckily I was able to do a little detective work and figured out the person's PayPal account they've hacked into is actually a member of several boards I'm a member of and he's been burned for several hundred dollars over the past couple of years.

These [bleep] people piss me off and I hope they rot in hell!

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
decent of you to let us know GW, thanks

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Please do tell the whole story....had a few of these people here last little while......

my dream job.....life guard of the gene pool!!!!!
G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
I agreed to purchase those Geovids and paid via PayPal and he said he would ship today and provide a tracking number, but didn't. When asked about the tracking number, he said he was out of town and would send it when he got back. This and a couple other things raised red flags, so I logged into PayPal and checked his profile and there are two different emails tied to the account, which struck me as odd.

I Googled both emails and didn't receive any hits on one (glassqueen619gmail.com), but the second brought up some old posts from a member of a couple other sites I belong to (which was damn lucky for me!). I sent him a PM through one of the other sites asking if he still used that email and if he had any idea who the seller might be and what was going on. Didn't take very long for him to see the PM and respond and he said he hadn't used that email for several years because it was tied to PayPal and his PayPal account had previously been hacked and he was soaked for upwards of $600.00. We made phone contact and I explained what had happened and what I suspected was up and he logged into his old PayPal account (which he has been fighting with PayPal to close!), and sure as [bleep], there was my payment, which he promptly refunded.

I don't know how it all works, but apparently these [bleep] scam artists have figured out a way to file a complaint for non-payment or non-delivery of goods through PayPal and are able to get money pulled from legitimate people's accounts. This [bleep] even signed his PM's using the other guy's wife's first name and is also using her maiden last name!

Karma's a bitch and this [bleep] will get his in the end!

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
thanks to the world wide web...he or they could be any where in the world.Hard to catch up with,,Thanks for posting and watching out for the rest of us.

my dream job.....life guard of the gene pool!!!!!
IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Good for you GW !!!!!
Damn shame we can't do more to lock these bastards up.

RECESSION: when your friend loses his job.
DEPRESSION: when you lose your job.
RECOVERY: when all these bad politicians lose their jobs.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thats odd he has been a member for days now

Go Ducks!!!
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
dang it

If you cant hang'em on the wall
Hang'em between your teeth!!!
M
M
we should have seen the red flags in his profile:
Hobbies-" Being Republican"
I been [bleep] over by a few republicanss here lately
especially George junior and that stupid senator from Arizona
Thanks for the warning

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
GreatWaputi & Coldbore both deserve a beer because they have investigated and busted 2 scumbags on campfire trying to [bleep] somebody just in the last few month's.

I even replied to the post and also remember thinking....hummmm, scary buying from a guy with only 10 post.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
"scary buying from a guy with only 10 post".

We all started at #1 and shouldn't discrimmanate against all newbies. it's good that we stick together and keep each other alerted to possible scammers. I purchased from 2 newbie members who were good guys.

Ken

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by firearms44
"scary buying from a guy with only 10 post".
We all started at #1 and shouldn't discrimmanate against all newbies.
Maybe so, but damn sure be more careful! Most of the problems around here is usually someone with less than 50 post.

Didn't you recently buy from me Firearms44 and I shipped the package before payment? High post count brings trust.

Last edited by slg888; 09/12/10.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Good deal.

I will never use Paypal, there is nothing I need that bad.

And I agree on the post number/newbie thing, but I'm all for someone else dipping their toe first. Just as I won't let a chick drive my truck on the first I'll not send $500 to someone I have 'no history' with. YMMV

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
slg888,

Yes you did ship before you received the funds. They crossed paths in the mail. You also stated " A personal check is fine from a 1900 poster". Which also showed your trust in me. I'm just saying that we all started with the #1 and yes use caution.

Ken

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
glassman is ignored...thanks for the heads up!

Buy once, cry once.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by glassman
For sale is a new in box set of Leica Geovids. Not HD, 8X42 in Yards. I bought them last year when they were on sale so I got a pretty good deal. After I bought them I took them out of the box and put the battery in, went outside for a veiwing session and that is all the use they have seen. Absolutely new. I think my total cost after rebate and everything was $1250. I will pass on the savings to someone that is interested. Below is a link to check the specs if you need to. Shipped for $1150. Paypal( I will cover the 3 percent) or face to face cash deal in/near Sacramento. I would prefer a face to face but first come first serve.
Looking to sell as I have some bills to pay.
PM if interested.

http://www.binocularsbestbuy.com/Leica-Geovid-8x42-BRF-Yards-Laser-Rangefinder-Binoculars-40028.html

Few people do more on the free classifieds than I do, but being able to recognize a potential scam such as this "Too good to be true" ad, I passed. His initial posting was only with a total post number of 4 or 5...not a good sign.

Parasites like this need to be found and bludgeoned. If anyone can find where he lives, I will participate in any travel necessary to find him and give him a "Redneck" sleeping bag party.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Blanket party!

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Ignored also; Thanks GW.

Talk is cheap - except when Congress does it.

Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to
take an ass whoopin'

NRA Life Member
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Every town needs a hanging tree to execute these bastards from with a sign around their necks.

I say bring back public executions, I'll have a hot dog wagon near by.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Gl-assman is ignored by me. Thanks for the heads up. Maybe we need a Badguy list.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

555 members (1badf350, 10gaugemag, 160user, 2500HD, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 61 invisible), 2,519 guests, and 1,197 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,922
Posts18,498,484
Members73,983
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.