Hop To
#440974 02/25/05
A
Amax Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
A
Hi jeff, you wont know me, but I have shot with you at a regional in Deadwood TX a couple of times. I havent competed in about a year and a half now, but will be getting started back this year.
I was wondering if you had ever used any Ramshot TAC before, and if so what do you think about it. I have been using Varget with good results, but like the way ball powder meters.
Maybe I will see you this year in TX if my schedule works out.

John M.

P.S. Everyone this guy is one hellava shot by the way.

If I give an opinion on it, I have used or owned it.

GB1

#440975 02/28/05
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Hi John

Sorry, I'm racking my brain. Can't pin ya down. I"ve used TAC and our team uses it now for NTIT ammo. I'd be happy to use it. Seems to work well and not be too temp sensitive.

I have not loaded or shot in a long enough time now that I can' t recall our load for sure. I need to get back and post on here some other info too.

It may be 24.5 with 77s but I may be off also.

PS Varget is usually so forgiving in charge weights that if you get in a sweet spot, you can dump it and go. IE .5 grains usually won't make enough difference AND most variations are more along the lines of .2-.3 grains.

I'll see what I can dig up!

PS we are not shooting, and probably won't for quite some time. Have other things getting in the way and unfortunately thats just the way it is.

Best, Jeff

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
#440976 02/28/05
A
Amax Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
A
Jeff, you wouldnt remember me, as I havent shot the regional in 2 years now. The last 2 times I was over there, you and your wife were shooting. It seems if I remember correctly she was pretty good too. I just remember you because you were at the top part of all the score sheets.
I intend to shoot more often this year and in the future, so maybe I will run into you somewhere. If I do I will introduce myself. Right now I am an expert, but I was shooting master scores when I quit shooting a year and a half ago. Maybe in a few years I will be in the high master column with you.
Thanks for the info on the Varget, I guess I will just dump and go.
Hope to run into you sometime.

John Mabry

If I give an opinion on it, I have used or owned it.

#440977 03/02/05
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
John

Tac is 25.0-25.5 for moly 77s. Using small rifle mags. You can adjust that for 69s, they take about half grain more powder. 80s take about the same maybe a tenth or two more depending, since the 77s have longer bearing length and are seated down into the case.

If the varget thing sorta bothers you, take your load, and shoot five on a target. Tape those up. Shoot 5 with .3/.4 less and tape them over and shooot 5 with same amount more. Then turn the target over and look at the composite. While it may not be the same as all at one charge, I'll bet that unless you are not in a sweet spot load wise for your tube, you'll be just fine.

Jeff

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

125 members (44automag, 450yukon, 1_deuce, 30Gibbs, 25 invisible), 1,486 guests, and 1,004 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,747
Posts18,495,209
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.