Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
J
JAY S Offline OP
OP Offline
J
After seeing all the discussion good and bad regarding GrayBull i wondered how many gun makers, gunsmiths, rifle builders etc. were ofering a turnkey package. I realize this should not substitute practice before taking ethical shots at any range. just curious how many otions are out there for one stop shoping consisting of quality custom hunting rifle, quality optics, mounted corectly, sighted in, load development completed and hand loading completed with a certain number of rounds. in the graybull discussion there was plenty of critics regarding the $$ but there weren't many equal options and their costs offered. As i don't have enough free time on my hands to hunt or shoot as much as I want this concept is very appealing.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Enjoying Each Sunrise...
T
TMR Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Jay,

Alot of us can offer a "turn key system". I personally brake in every rifle I build for customers and check for accuracy. I shoot the rifles out to 1k and provide the customer with a dummy round, test target, and the load data I used. It would be pretty easy for me to just leave the scope on the rifle and ship it as is. I have several customers that send me scopes to mount on their builds, so all they have to do is check zero when they get the rifle and then go shoot. I should probably add that my rifles include this in the price. I want to make sure the rifle shoots well and barrel brake is done properly before the customer ever gets the rifle.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J

There is one thing that might be mentioned here..

NONE of the companies on that list are currently PAID advertisers on this site.

So before this thread becomes more free advertising for them than it already is at present, some folks might consider Rick B's advertising rules here.

Just something to consider going forward.

Last edited by jim62; 09/17/10.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
T
TMR Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Duly noted jim62....sent Rick B a pm on the process of becoming a sponsor. I don't want to cross any lines.

IC B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I was not accusing anyone of anything.. wink

It just seems unfair for anyone else to get free mileage out of a duly paid advertiser. As you will find out, Ricks rates here are not cheap.blush

Actually I would like to see EVERY RIFLE BUILDER on that list become a paid adverstiser and watch the higher priced builders defend very aspect of their builds to the some of the jackals on this website.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
and none of those companies came and posted their sites on this thread so they wont be needing to pay to advertise. Members may post what they want...

I can't spell... Deal with it...
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Obviously TMR was not posting to get business. He is a member like many other rifle builders are on the 'fire.

Like I said before jim62, you are a freagin CRY BABY! Here shed some more tears......

Kampfeld custom
Gradous rifles
Redneck 'here on the fire.

Like I said before, IT'S A FORUM!

TMR, glad to meet ya.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by slg888
Obviously TMR was not posting to get business. He is a member like many other rifle builders are on the 'fire.

Like I said before jim62, you are a freagin CRY BABY! Here shed some more tears......

Kampfeld custom
Gradous rifles
Redneck 'here on the fire.

Like I said before, IT'S A FORUM!

TMR, glad to meet ya.

Yep. its a forum azzhole- and it's got rules.

And it would not stay up and running without paid adversers who pay for the band width, which YOU seem to be intent on running off by being a TOTAL DICK.

I'm not a crybaby, just tired of wormy peices of schit like you who critisize folks running an honest business.

To all gunmaker critics-
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Now your editing your post. LMAO!

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I see nothing wrong with someone that builds rifles piping in and commenting on a thread THAT ASKS ABOUT CUSTOM RIFLES its these professionals that make this forum what it is.

none of these guys started a thread to toot their horn about their rifles. whats wrong with making a comment when someone asks??

jim, I didn't know you were a chief around here, if there is a problem with something I am sure it will be handled by the appropriate people.

turn key rifle builds tend to charge insane rates, I don't know but I suspect that is because they are guaranteeing a certain level of accuracy and need to factor in replacing a few barrels that don't turn out. This is especially true on intense overbore magnum cases, I think those are alot harder to get right,

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Cummins, never claimed to be "the boss"..

I figured that was "your job".. wink

Seriously, though Rick does have rules which the guy here obviously knew about or else he would not be contacting him about adverstising... as per his response. Like I said, just metioned it did not accuse anyone of anything.

When a guy starts detailing the stuff he sells and provides links to his website etc, without paying to advertise, then it's may not kosher.

A lot of fools here don't give a schit. They show no respect to the adverstisers actually paying the bills anyway, so whats a little more abuse right?

To all gunmaker critics-
T
TMR Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Guys,
I edited my profile to not cause any problems or cross Rick B in any way. I have contacted him to see about becoming a sponsor so that I can talk about my work without getting banned. I have seen plenty of other builders on here post with their websites in their signature and nobody said a thing. I decided to remove my website link in my signature, only AFTER Rick B told me it was technically advertising.

I did start a thread introducing my new action a while back. Nobody contacting me saying it was out of line or that I needed to be a sponsor to post such a thing. I will either become an advertiser, or just not discuss my business in my posts.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Jesus man! you can talk about what you do! plenty of guys do! I've used some of them as well! don't sweat it! as for jim62 he's on a roll lately....

I can't spell... Deal with it...
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by TMR
Guys,
I edited my profile to not cause any problems or cross Rick B in any way. I have contacted him to see about becoming a sponsor so that I can talk about my work without getting banned. I have seen plenty of other builders on here post with their websites in their signature and nobody said a thing. I decided to remove my website link in my signature, only AFTER Rick B told me it was technically advertising.

I did start a thread introducing my new action a while back. Nobody contacting me saying it was out of line or that I needed to be a sponsor to post such a thing. I will either become an advertiser, or just not discuss my business in my posts.

T,

Do whatever you want to.. If it's OK with Rick ,it is OK by me. He runs the joint.

My intital post to you here was merely an opinon based on some things I have seen here in the past.

Apparently, the advertising rules are a bit uneven here. I see guys get hammered for mentioning their stuff in the wrong way, and some guys have a "pass' with Rick to do so without being paid advertisers.

I do know this. This forum is NOT like the deal at Predator Masters, etc where if you mention ANY vendor or post ANY link that is a non adverstiser, they ban you etc. That is Nazi bullschit and not something to condone either..

You seem like a good guy and looks as though you build very some nice rifles. I am glad you are a member here. And I hope you can get hooked up as an advertiser.

To all gunmaker critics-
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Did Rick Bin announce that he's having a Moderator Try Out's Day or something...

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by RDFinn
Did Rick Bin announce that he's having a Moderator Try Out's Day or something...

Obviously if there were, an "important" individual such as yourself would have been notified in advance.

To all gunmaker critics-
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jim62

Do whatever you want to.. If it's OK with Rick ,it is OK by me

Thanks, Jim. I'm glad you cleared that up. I was about to PM you and ask for permission to post a few of my opinions. Rick is lucky to have such a valiant warrior such as yourself by his side.......

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by 2muchgun

Do whatever you want to.. If it's OK with Rick ,it is OK by me

Thanks, Jim. I'm glad you cleared that up. I was about to PM you and ask for permission to post a few of my opinions. Rick is lucky to have such a valiant warrior such as yourself by his side.......

Actually ,"2muchgun" ,the part about some folks not giving a shcit about the paid advertisers was the part directed at classless [bleep] like you.

And speaking of that, your "fan club" up on the Main campfire forum found out where you and your male lover, Slg888 spend your summers playing "hide the sausage"....

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth..._this_where_2muchgun_is_from#Post4418300

To all gunmaker critics-
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RDFinn

Obviously if there were, an "important" individual such as yourself would have been notified in advance.

He did but I'm not as knowledgeable as yourself on so many different topics..

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

591 members (1minute, 204guy, 10gaugeman, 1lessdog, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 1Longbow, 65 invisible), 2,277 guests, and 1,321 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,692
Posts18,494,126
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.