Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
A
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
A
I heard recently that GS Custom was going to be setting up shop in the US, and today I saw they have a website front page up with contact info only.....anybody heard when they will be open for business? I would like to test some of their bullets, but was scared off by stories of overseas mail order not going well.

thanks,
advntrjnky

Last edited by advntrjnky; 09/18/10.

8mm-06 = perfection
HR IC

Just decided to look around here, as I am almost never on here anymore, and seen this post. Glad I did.

My wife and I are building the shop. We've been at it now, building a new shop here in Niles, MI, since January. Ran into some long delays, but it looks like we will be running before the end of the year.

Yes, shipping is a HUGE issue, and this will solve that. The biggest complaint we hear is time. Yes, you can get the bullets now, as they have been making them for 18 years now and importing them into the U.S. for a decade, but you have to wait 2 months+. They simply cannot keep up with the demand, and shipping takes a long time, not to mention a bit costly. That is why we are doing everything we can to build the shop here and catch up with the back-log of orders. If you have any questions, feel free to give me a call, and you can find my contact info on GSCustomUSA.com Just not on the forums often enough. Hope that helps.

-Anthony

-Anthony

"Pain is weakness leaving the body" -Instructor
"I hope you live forever..." -300
Victory in life is dying for what you were born to do
H
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
H
That is good news. Thanks

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Anthony,

That is GREAT news! Thanks for posting.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
glad to know this

vires,fortitudo,vigilantia
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That's ok. My super-secret-hidden stash should last that long....

When you say "building the shop"....... are you planning to distribute, or manufacture as well? Dutch.

Last edited by Dutch; 09/18/10.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Dutch, we are building an entirely new manufacturing facility here. One that will supply America only, and prevent the need to ship anything over the pond. We even found a local Michigan copper supplier as well. The machines are more consistent allowing less scrap the the current machines, and will even run a bit faster. This should allow us to keep up with demand, at least for now.

Not to mention it will allow us to produce the custom orders faster. Right now we have some 6 or 7 start-from-scratch never-been-done-before custom bullets we are doing that are consuming time and resources, or are simply on the back burner simmering until we can get around to them. With the shop running here we will have a machine dedicated solely for this purpose, allowing Gerard to focus on Research, design, engineering, programming, prototyping and testing. It will shorten lead times tremendously.

Not sure if you can tell, but I'm excited! Hope that helps, and I look forward to speaking with you all someday as well.

-Anthony

-Anthony

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Great news, very exciting. Hope things will go smooth from here on out. Dutch.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Extremist,

Are you going to re-shoot them for B.C.? When I tested the 130 grain 7MM from my STW the B.C. came out around .380. The website claimed .550 I think.

If you are curious how I testeded them, I chronoed ten at five yards and ten at two hundred yards. Could the five yards make much difference?

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Anthony
GOOD NEWS.
And thanks.

dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
IC B3

Ringman,

Just went and took a look. The 130 HV lists as a B.C. of .415-.420, so much closer to your finding. I might say the crono was a little close, we usually do 15 feet, but I cannot see it making that much difference. They use the same method of determining B.C. as every other company does, G1 I believe, and that can be a bit of an over prediction in some cases, but it's usually very close. If the bullet isn't stable enough, which I doubt is what you are dealing with, then BC can be hurt. Not sure why else, but if it works for you, then go with it. I will be testing for B.C. eventually, but not anytime soon. Hope that helps.

-Anthony

N
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
N
Dutch, we are building an entirely new manufacturing facility here. One that will supply America only, and prevent the need to ship anything over the pond.
-------------------------------------------------------
Will Canadians have access to your GS bullets?

It's a great life if you don't weaken..
A
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
A
This is great news....I look forward to the day when you start shipping! Is the full product line and caliber selection going to be available?

advntrjnky

8mm-06 = perfection
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I wish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

used them for years! I am telling you guys every but every rifle I ever tried them in I had my load in one sitting! And they expand way out there. Same threshold as a ballistic tip.

http://gsgroup.co.za/fotis.html

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This is good news.... please post the new website when you are up and running... I am interested for som bullets for the 450Marlin lever action

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
Nrut, Yes, all of North and South America.

advntrjnky, Yes, and more then ever. We now produce over 270 different bullets, more then double anyone else, and all can be ordered whenever, on a per-order basis.

Temmi, the link should be part of my profile, if it worked correctly. But it will be some time before it's done, that's for sure. No worries though, not too much longer now (we've been waiting for a year).

And thanks Fotis and Dave, we always appreciate the feedback.

-Anthony

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Great news!

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

596 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 61 invisible), 1,978 guests, and 1,300 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,184
Posts18,523,803
Members74,030
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.