Hop To
#44338 09/05/01
M
Mssgn Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Hmmm...why is this board not loaded?<P>Ok I'll jump in. I have run of the mill white tails, turkey, partridge, rabbits, grey and red squirrels to offer in NY.<P>I'd love a shot at bear, moose, caribou, alligator, hogs, oh heck just about anything that's not local here!

"Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart." Psalm 37, verse 4.

"The lazy do not roast any game, but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt." Proverbs 12:27
GB1

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
mssgn are you ready to use that smoke pole yet?I cant wait for the 27th,bow opens and I will be in woth for a whole week!!!!!!!

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
hey guys, i also am very perturbed that more people do not swap hunts on this site. i think that may be one part of the good old days coming to an end. i always heard stories from old men about the one time in their life they were at such and such a place, and shot a fill-in-the-blank. anyway, enough rambling. i live in Reno NV now, but around Xmas will be going home (to Texas) for a bit. sounds like we have most of the same animals, but i have huge hogs (even wild emus) for shooting pleasure.

BW Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I think most "swaps" happen off-line, via e-mail or phone.<P>This forum is a good place for getting a "feel" for what's out there.<P>I'm considering a "swap" myself, but am very wary about who might want to swap. Besides, I can't afford to travel! [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]

Brian

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
no kidding on the finances BW, i am in the same boat. but i have a real desire to see new places, hunt new animals, and even meet new people. i realize that not everyone is gonna take me to some remote spot where i will shoot the biggest animal i have ever seen, but i hope to get to know the person well enough before i go (or they come to my place). if htere is any doubt in my mind, i will decline their offer .

IC B2

C
C
Hey Barry did you get my e-mail?

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Berry I would love to swap hunts with you or most any one who has hogs or squirrils. The problem is time and money. No time, no money.<P>I will be avalible in 2002 hope to have a few bucks saved up by then Just paid my last installment on my child support on the 17th of this month. This will allow me an extra $430.00 a month for my new self indulgent fund.<P>Any of you folks who would like to come on up to Washhington State and chase after an elk, bear or black tail let me know. The Lic.fee is plenty steep and the brush is jungle thick. We have lots of game you just need lots of luck, skill does't have much to do with hunting around here. You need two guns, one a fast handling non-magnum for deer and a 338 Win for everthing else. If you get lucky and get a shot at a legal bull elk you have shot the biggest elk sub species there is.<P>Bullwnkl.

Money talks Bull [bleep] walks
Business as usual
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I've been stung a few times by so called friends on swap hunts, never again. Its not that I dont trust anybody on this board, I just hate being bent over, if you know what I mean.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Joel, hunt swaps seem like a good way to hunt some one elses back yard. I for one would welcome most any one who wants to hunt the rain forest and has licence and tag. I am not a guide and will not act as one. I would how ever show folks around time allowing. If you were to come out of Alaska to hunt my area I would give you the tour, a place to park your RV and feed ya well. Finding game is up to you. In return I ask nothing, I have hunted Alaska, killed moose, brown bear, Sitka black tail deer. I wouldn't mind catching a Halibut. But hunt swaping to me is a simple arrangement of providing a base to work out of nothing more evening chit chat and directions to good prospects the rest is up to the hunter and luck. <P>Bullwnkl.

Business as usual
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Bullwnkl,<BR>If some one comes up to me and says that they need help or advice to hunt AK, I would help them in a heart beat. Just dont make no promises on a hunt they can provide. <BR>On the first of sept, I loaned 2 guys from MI (friends of my wifes, I didnt know them), my raft, all my gear (minus guns), one of my trucks, and the use of my house. I put them on a river and took a couple of days off from work to try and get them a blackie before they left. They had the oppertunity, just didnt kill a bear [img]images/icons/frown.gif" border="0[/img] . I didnt mind it one bit. I like helping people. I just hate when people say they will take you hunting on there turf and they wont even talk to you after I help them out. Alot of it is my fault, I'm to trusting and it has bitten me in butt. I'll still help people if I can. Live and learn I guess.<BR>If swapping hunts is just helping logistically, then I'm all for it. Some people just need to be more careful on what they promise. (I'm not talking about anyone on this board by the way).

IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Joel, I hear what you are saying, I will help out any one who asks me too. But they better be willing to help them selves and not expect me to play guide, cook and camp host. That isn't the way it works. You show up after letting me know you are comming and we go hunting. If I have to work, you go hunting. I have RV hook up in my yard avalible for the asking. I am a darn fine cook and know my way around a skinning knife, once worked in a taxidermy shop. I don't drink booze and won't tolerate drunks. And my wife don't allow smoking in the house. You want clams and oysters... we got em. I don't ask much. I don't even ask resiprosity. There is one thing that is banned from my property and that is preaching of religion. Do I ask too much?<P>Bullwnkl,

Business as usual
B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
got your email coyote, waiting for your reply. bullwnkle and joels, we may need to work something out. it is probably too late this yr. i assume, but it is never too late in Texas (for hogs and whatnot). whitetail season is Nov-Dec. nice spring turkey also. if either of ya'll are interested, we'll talk more. i just do not get down to Texas very often being 1800 miles away, but plan on being there maybe 2 weeks in either Nov or Dec. if ya have time, look on a Texas map, my place is on the northwest side of Possum Kingdom Lake (west of Ft. Worth 100 miles).

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
I don't know about the hunt swapping, but I do know that after this year I will not bother to put on a hunt for anyone. I went to the trouble to setup a elk/deer hunt for members of the board and only 2 people are for sure attending. tom

"if it's got tits or tires, it's going to give you grief, one way or another."
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Tom: <P>Sorry to hear about the poor turn out, I know you put a lot of work in. As I mentioned when we met earlier this year, I am scheduled on a hunt at the same time. I don't know how far apart we will be, maybe I can drop in for a beer or coffee. We will be in the Rifle area starting on the 18th for about a week. How far is that from you? Have a great hunt, CAT

"When we put [our enlisted men and women] in harm's way, it had better count for something. It can't be because some policy wonk back here has a brain fart of an idea of a strategy that isn't thought out." General Zinni on Iraq

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Hey CAT I remember you saying you had a hunt at the same time. We will be near Willow Creek Pass north of Grandby it is between 2-3 hours depending on which way you go from Rifle. I will be posting directions soon for those from here that were planning on dropping by for a visit. tom

"if it's got tits or tires, it's going to give you grief, one way or another."
BW Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Tom,<P>I feel your pain... No, not like Clinton, I'm being honest. [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]<P>Had to cancel a Spring Black Bear hunt up here when everyone else had to back out. They all had very good legit reasons, and I understood completely.<P>Now I just plan a hunt that I want to do, then invite folks to come along. If they make it great! If not, I still go.<P>I'm sorry I can't make it own there. Even if I had made plans to, my leave would have been cancelled due to Sept 11th.

Brian

In Arizona you have to be drawn for everything in the big game category so trying to set up a swap hunt for big game just won't work. But, if anyone wants to chase some quail the season opens October 12 and runs into February 2002. I plan to go quail hunting this year after a several year hiatus because of drought. I don't have a dog so we may not find all the quail there are but it is still fun just being outdoors. Let me know if you'll be in the Phoenix area and when and maybe we can set somthing up, especially beginning in December as I'll be deer hunting the end of this month and first part of November and then out of town for Thanksgiving.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Jim,<P> I was not aware of the huntyou were puting on. I don't know if it was when I was away from the fire or before I came to the fire, but I did not know about it. My applogies if you can give me some details on it, I will check my schedule and see if I am available to go. Are you in CO If you are I have a friend in Pueblo, how far is that from your camp? You can give me the details by email, or you can put them on the fire its up to you. <BR> Also I can understand where you are coming from, I have had friends give me the shaft on camps they promised to go on and Didn't, I know their reasons, and they were not a reason at all to diss me, but hey we all have it happen sometime or another. I know everyone on this site is very considerate of others, maybe they had something bad come up who knows. Keep your chin up and do business like you know how, kill some $h!t man you know what I mean. God Bless.<P>86

Enrique O. Ramirez
CLAN OF THE BORDER RATS - Member

"..faith is being sure of what you hope for and certain of what you do not see.." Hebrews 11:1
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Pumpgun I still want to meet you. I'm having problems getting off the hill and finding my way to town. Tomorrow i'll be going all the way to Aspen Park to pick up pellets for the stove(20 min drive) Trying to set something up so I can start reloading again, Had no room for the bench when I moved and besides a friend wanted to get into reloading, same friend that talked me out of the whelen, well heck, you know how it works out sometimes. Digging in bullet box, can't find any 225gr. 338's. Wonder if the grandchildren been using them in the wrist rocket?

Hunt smart, hunt safe

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

248 members (10gaugemag, 1minute, 204guy, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 16penny, 1beaver_shooter, 32 invisible), 2,232 guests, and 1,249 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,113
Posts18,483,446
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.